ISRAEL IS AT WAR !

Social Media

I think there is the big worry that Hezbollah from Lebanon might be involved. And, I don't mean just the firing of rockets into Israel.

If that happens, I honestly don't see the US not getting involved to some degree.

And, of course, there is the risk of the Iranian regime getting involved. But of course, a Hezbollah attack seems more likely.

11 minutes ago, Morch said:

This here article is about Hamas attacking Israel. Hamas is an Islamic movement and organization. Maybe they are the Palestinians' worst enemy?

Not maybe…. Hamas is the Palestinian people’s worst enemy.

Hand in hand, Israelis and Palestinians continue to march headlong into the abyss under the idiotic leadership of religious nutters.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I don't think the head rolling will stop with the IDF. Clearly, Netanyahu is in peril. If the coalition survives, someone more extreme will most likely replace him. Moving further and further to the right has been a consistent trend in Israeli politics.

Didn't say it would stop the IDF. Most probably this would happen after the fighting is done with and inquiries into this mess are finished.

For now, the coalition will survive, and is even offered some aid (or at least, respite) from the opposition. I don't see a scenario in which Netanyahu voluntarily resign, or that his current political partners betray him over this, though. If poles are to be believed, the current coalition does not command an electoral majority. The last elections were won on a very narrow margin. Sliding right is one thing, having the extreme right win is another.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

One has to be willfully naive not to acknowledge the role that Israel has played in fostering such enmity.

One is, obviously not naive, and was merely striving to point out the absurdity of the other poster's one sided comment.

16 minutes ago, placeholder said:

One has to be willfully naive not to acknowledge the role that Israel has played in fostering such enmity.

Palestinians do not want Israelis to be on the land , their mere  presence causes disdain .

Israelis just being there is the cause of the enmity

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

There is no Palestine any longer and there never will be.

This type of thinking, present in abundance on both sides, is the very reason people are being murdered, day in day out, on both sides, to this very day.

Tell me how this differs from the “logic” behind anti-semitism and nazism?

Edited by MrMojoRisin

I have been trying not to look at social media at all. There are many reports of videos showing disturbing stuff.

I am afraid we will have to be ready to see, hear of or read about such videos and photos from the past and current time.

My guess and worry is that Hamas has decided to go all out, and this is just totally ideological and out of revenge. So, I am not even sure if their hostage taking is for the aim of securing the release of Hamas guys from Israeli jails and/or preventing a ground operation by Israel. Hamas may have already decided to eventually kill all hostages, just like the ISIS almost always did, and thus get the support of all the extremist, hardcore anti-Israeli regimes, groups and people from all over the world.

Fearing the worst.

20 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Palestinians do not want Israelis to be on the land , their mere  presence causes disdain .

Israelis just being there is the cause of the enmity

The Palestinians are going to have to get over the Israeli presence in Palestine as the Israelis aren't going anywhere.

6 million were killed in Europe, but they are still there. Today's attack is a pinprick by comparison.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

The Palestinians are going to have to get over the Israeli presence in Palestine as the Israelis aren't going anywhere.

6 million were killed in Europe, but they are still there. Today's attack is a pinprick by comparison.

There aren't many Jews left in the Countries around Germany , the Holocaust nearly wiped them out 

48 minutes ago, JemJem said:

I think there is the big worry that Hezbollah from Lebanon might be involved. And, I don't mean just the firing of rockets into Israel.

If that happens, I honestly don't see the US not getting involved to some degree.

And, of course, there is the risk of the Iranian regime getting involved. But of course, a Hezbollah attack seems more likely.

Hezbollah would last an hour if they tried to invade Israel at this point. They know it, and won't invade.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Hezbollah would last an hour if they tried to invade Israel at this point. They know it, and won't invade.

Like the Hamas would dare do what it just did? Hezbollah is much stronger than Hamas, and the IDF took hours to act, and is still no finished driving them off/killing them.

Bombing them from the air later on is a different thing. On the ground, the playing field is more even.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Morch said:

Like the Hamas would dare do what it just did? Hezbollah is much stronger than Hamas, and the IDF took hours to act, and is still no finished driving them off/killing them.

Bombing them from the air later on is a different thing. On the ground, the playing field is more even.

Yes. This is an abnormal, unusual situation now, and so if Hezbollah decides to attack, it will probably do so very soon. But, the more time that passes now, the less is the likelihood of a Hezbollah attack.

Anyway, I am not guessing a Hezbollah attack. What I meant was such a risk is at its highest now since many many years ago.

By the way, the reactions to this attack must have shown most Israelis that the Arab regimes overall are not to be trusted. I meant, for example, the reactions of the Saudis and Qataris.  A result of this attack might be to have put an end to the normalisation process between Israel and some Arab countries.

52 minutes ago, Morch said:

Hamas is a lot crazier than Hezbollah. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

1. Are the Israeli's going to have to get over the fact that they will never own all the land "from the river to the sea"?

2. ...death by a thousand cuts. Unless Israel changes course, the pinpricks will continue for millennia after millennia.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

1. Are the Israeli's going to have to get over the fact that they will never own all the land "from the river to the sea"?

2. ...death by a thousand cuts. Unless Israel changes course, the pinpricks will continue for millennia after millennia.

Thats the Palestinians who want that  

unnamed-8-scaled_85c507c01c189e1eaa993dbda3e84cc5.jpg

• Like 1

Even though I have been totally avoiding the social media, it is hard to escape the horrible stuff. I have just read a news report on the Jerusalem Post Web site. Really nasty, depressing stuff, man. Hamas has carried out attacks , not much different to what ISIS had done in Syria and Iraq. I won't go into detail here.

It is not hard to guess that we will be reading about and hearing of a lot of these (and maybe worse) incidents in the coming hours and days.

So, it is really very sad and frustrating to see some comments, both by some Palestinian and other Middle Eastern politicians saying only stuff like 'Oh but, Palestinians have every right to fight occupation in any way they see fit'. And, sadly, the number of such heartless people is not small at all, I am sure.

I can only imagine the extremely horrible nature of the situation on the social media right now, especially the photos and videos going around. I think  I shall continue to avoid it for now.

Edited by JemJem
  • Thanks 1

"Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu tells Gaza residents to “GET OUT NOW” as he vows to use all IDF capabilities to destroy Hamas. “We will win this war, but the price will be unbearably heavy. Hamas wants to murder us all,” Netanyahu said. “Murdering children and mothers in their homes, in their beds. It is an enemy that kidnaps elderly people, children, young girls.” “What happened today has never been seen before in Israel and I will ensure it never happens again. The entire government supports this decision. The IDF will immediately use all its power to destroy Hamas’s capabilities.” “We will fight them to the bitter end and avenge this black day they plotted for Israel and its people.”

Lots of Israeli tanks filmed en route to Gaza 

• Like 1

Cleaned up some personal attacks, unattributed media, and misinformation.

A reminder: The report system is for reporting serious breaches of community standards, not for registering disagreement with someone. Moderators aren't here to fight your battles, we're here to maintain a quality environment for our readers. If you see something you disagree with, counter it with your own respectful argument or let it go. Leave reporting for serious issues.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

"Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu tells Gaza residents to “GET OUT NOW” as he vows to use all IDF capabilities to destroy Hamas. “We will win this war, but the price will be unbearably heavy. Hamas wants to murder us all,” Netanyahu said. “Murdering children and mothers in their homes, in their beds. It is an enemy that kidnaps elderly people, children, young girls.” “What happened today has never been seen before in Israel and I will ensure it never happens again. The entire government supports this decision. The IDF will immediately use all its power to destroy Hamas’s capabilities.” “We will fight them to the bitter end and avenge this black day they plotted for Israel and its people.”

Lots of Israeli tanks filmed en route to Gaza 

Natanyahu is a demagogue.