French mother demands justice for son sexually assaulted by Thai man in Koh Samui

snoop1130

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yep, sending a 7yo out alone in a foreign country is a bit silly.

Could have been abducted, run over, got lost.

10 meters from the hotel?and they had stayed there awhile?

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

I believe that ALL sexual predators and peadophiles found guilty should be castrated. 

That will only slow a few down,there are better ways to stop them from doing it.

33 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, they cannot interfere in criminal cases, neither can they provide legal assistance except by recommending lawyers to do that.

While an embassy can't interfere in legal cases, I think it has the right to get involved, if it so chooses.  From the US Embassy website:

If arrested or detained: visit you in detention, advocate for your rights under Thai law, ensure access to the prison’s healthcare system, and assist with communication with your family or loved one

'Advocate' is a rather broad term, perhaps intentionally.  So, at least with an American, the Embassy can step in and 'advocate' on your behalf--which could involve 'advocating' a compromise. 

The French website says French consulates 'intervene' when a French citizen is arrested to insure their rights are respected.  'Intervene' is also not too specific but, in both instances, it seems like there is some leeway in what can be attempted to assist a citizen.

Having said all that, after some dealings I've had with the American Embassy, I would expect the assistance to be the bare minimum.  Although a case drawing wide publicity might, perhaps, spur a more helpful response.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Spock said:

Thai males would quite openly give a young boy a quick fiddle

Yes. I have seen it a couple of times in Esaan. Same as a quick tickle under the chin with index finger but under the penis instead. Quite openly in a public place because it was a part of Thai or Esaan culture. Dont know if it still is.

But this case is quite different. Quite clearly peadophilia.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

I have heard so many bad things happening to foreigners in Phuket and Koh Samui that I can't understand why people go there.

I visited this summer for the first time in 20 years and found still the same friendly courteous people across the island from the hotel staff to taxi drivers and in restaurants. It’s a stunning place to visit.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Sickos are everywhere ... she should have known this and gone back to the store herself or , at least , accompany her son .

No serious harm was done , just learn from this , and let it be this time ....

That is serious harm

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

Paedophilic men are fundamentally different than standard humans in their reaction to exposure to the underage and it is incurable. Not saying life jail in cases but they need to be permanently separated from society. Perhaps a remote Thai island where they will never “ever” experience another chance to encounter a child for the rest of their natural lives. 

Yeah, their brains are wired differently. Normally when people see young children the part of the brain that is responsible for a sense of protection gets activated, but in pedophiles it's the sexual arousal area gets activated. It's quite strange, but it is what it is.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Yeah, their brains are wired differently. Normally when people see young children the part of the brain that is responsible for a sense of protection gets activated, but in pedophiles it's the sexual arousal area gets activated. It's quite strange, but it is what it is.

Exactly.

A normal person sees a child lost or in distress immediately calls a policeman, customer service in a mall or airport, looks for the parent. These demons hype out uncontrollable looking how to drag the child to a room somewhere. I have read there are peados who can control their foul urges due fear of capture. These are the ones INMHO  who end up in developing countries to buy or snatch because they think they can get away with it.  

Many of these threads are soon infested with them. The defense of noncery, equivocations and whataboutisms. 

Edited by Captain Monday

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Exactly.

A normal person sees a child lost or in distress immediately calls a policeman, customer service in a mall or airport, looks for the parent. These demons hype out uncontrollable looking how to drag the child to a room somewhere. I have read there are peados who can control their foul urges due fear of capture. These are the ones INMHO  who end up in developing countries to buy or snatch because they think they can get away with it.  

Many of these threads are soon infested with them. The defense of noncery, equivocations and whataboutisms. 

For some it's an urge they can fight off for awhile, but eventually they just have to give in. A lot of them also genuinely regret it afterwards. Imagine you have to live with that! What a nightmare that must be. Others are just psychopaths who don't give a <deleted> at all. They just go do their thing! Those are the really dangerous ones. Either way, one can just be glad to not have these inclinations! 

• Like 1

IF YOU WANT TO HELP :

FOR THIS WOMAN AND HER SON

https://www.leetchi.com/fr/c/agression-sexuel-sur-mineur-en-thailande-6073204?utm_source=native&utm_medium=social_sharing

AGRESSION SE*XUEL SUR MINEUR EN THAILANDE

GOOGLE TRANSLATION :

I speak to you today with a heavy heart, in the hope that you can help us through an extremely difficult time of life in Thailand. While we were on vacation, my son, my reason for living, was faced with an unbearable situation when he was sexually assaulted by a local grocer while I was 20 meters away from him. This experience left deep wounds in my child's heart, leaving him traumatized and afraid.

So that justice can be served and my son can begin the long process of healing, I am fighting for him by hiring lawyers and going to appointments with the prosecutor. However, these steps come at a considerable cost. Each appointment with the prosecutor requires around 10,000 baht, and there are likely to be three to come. In addition, we need interpreters to facilitate communication, which adds additional expenses of around a hundred euros to each appointment. Not to mention the cost of lawyers on site.

Currently, we find ourselves alone with these expenses. We have received no assistance from the French Embassy in Thailand, which leaves us helpless amid these financial challenges.

This is why we are launching this prize pool. Every contribution, no matter the amount, brings us one step closer to achieving justice for my son and giving him the chance to heal. I would like to assure you that if, through an act of generosity, the costs incurred must be reimbursed in the future, we are committed to returning the money collected to all donors who wish it.

Every euro, every baht counts, and your generosity can make a significant difference in my son's life and ours.

Edited by okok

14 hours ago, newnative said:

I think if you read the more complete story--although, still sketchy--rather than the AN synopsis, you get a somewhat fuller picture and the police actions make more sense.  There are two separate issues.  First, the assault charge against the French woman.  The woman slapped the Thai man, which she admits doing, and he filed an assault charge.  With her confession, the police charged her with the assault and confiscated her passport to prevent her from leaving the country before the case is heard.  Makes sense to me.  Assaulting someone can have consequences.  She will have the opportunity to explain her actions, and perhaps win her case, when it comes to trial.

The second issue is the alleged assault on her son.  There is no  CCTV evidence and, apparently, no witnesses other than her son.  So, essentially, it's one person's word, a foreigner, against another person's word, a Thai citizen.  And, the son is no longer in Thailand to provide evidence or testimony.   A prosecutor might very well decide to not go forward with such a lack of evidence.  

The action, or inaction, of the French Embassy is the mystery to me--although we may not have all the details.  They have a French citizen in trouble and it seems they could be doing more in the way of support.  An embassy representative might also be able to step in and perhaps negotiate a resolution where charges against the woman are dropped if she drops her charges and agrees to leave the country.   She admits she has no job and no financial resources and, while it may not be the justice she wants, it may be the best she can hope for at this point.

Who wouldn’t whack this man if he touched their child ? 
Was he hurt , no mention !  
couldn’t the police have been more understanding seeing it was a case of probably child abuse ?
No empathy in obliging the 7 year old !!!! child to a reenactment !!! Disgusting.

The little boy is sent home to family while the mother has her passport confiscated, what do you expect , keep the child in Thailand with more anxiety ?? 
The French Embassy cannot intervene , they can advise a lawyer. 
So, this mother is stuck in Thailand , doesn’t have the money to extend her stay which could be long ,  ( we all know what lawyers cost / hôtel new flight etc ) 
All fault and horreur for her, and none at all for the presumed child attacker ???

This is not invented , in what interest would the mother behave like this on their last day in Thailand ??
The police have certainly taken sides here. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So apparently the man admitted touching the child twice on the bottom but that is «  normal when you love children ».That’s his story. ! Lots of misunderstandings here and too fast to condemn the mother. There was a horrible article concerning a young French girl traveler who got into really hot water in one  of the UAE countries, her English wasn’t the best and neither was the immigration police. Stories like these can spiral out of control.