French mother demands justice for son sexually assaulted by Thai man in Koh Samui

snoop1130

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/10/2023 at 2:32 PM, arithai12 said:

So I would find it normal that she walks back 10m to get the key.

Also, a 7 y old boy can scream loud enough to be heard at 10m.

Kids don't generally scream when sexually assaulted. They freeze.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How would you know ?....   the statement implies you have experience in the matter, perhaps from a law enforcement perspective  ??

I was a youth worker/student welfare officer and have heard and read many accounts from children who have been sexually assaulted. With young kids and even teenagers, this kind of reaction is the norm - the child doesn't understand what is happening and the perpetrator is a more powerful adult. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/9/2023 at 3:36 PM, Ben Zioner said:

T.I.T

Yes, it applies both ways.

Many foreigners too abuse Thai children. It seems, in the present day paedophiles are proliferating uncontrollably. Majority of them are the elderly - disgusting indeed.

Strict laws should be enforced IMHO.

No one can blame one nationality, if he/she cares to find the statistics.

21 minutes ago, ravip said:

Many foreigners too abuse Thai children. It seems, in the present day paedophiles are proliferating uncontrollably. Majority of them are the elderly - disgusting indeed.

I really doubt the presence of numerous foreign paedophiles in Thailand now. There may be a few operating underground but nothing like was the case twenty to thirty years ago. Times have changed. You say you have some statistics - what do they suggest?

30 minutes ago, Spock said:

I really doubt the presence of numerous foreign paedophiles in Thailand now. There may be a few operating underground but nothing like was the case twenty to thirty years ago. Times have changed. You say you have some statistics - what do they suggest?

Paedophilia is a huge problem worldwide. Many from the developed world come to the undeveloped countries to satisfy themselves - a case of money vs poverty with lax laws. Now it is NOT done openly, but it exists.

Just one place where you can start a search >>> https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childsexualabuse/fastfact.html#:~:text=Many children wait to report,States experience child sexual abuse.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ravip said:

From what I’ve seen on tv/ articles, child abusers seem to have gone underground with all these dark web sites where you can basically get whatever you want. Yes it’s terrifying as it attracts people who can use the internet so easily nowadays. Personally, I’ve never seen child abuse  or heard of it around me in Thailand.  Extreme Poverty and lack of education is the main cause in my opinion in Asia and South America . The problem in Thailand is the lack of the friendly copper on the streets that knows the folks and their family problems. So there is no follow up when things go wrong. There should be real childcare centers and associations everywhere.

Very strange story, difficult to confirm it without further details.  But sending a 7 year old son out alone in Thailand is not a wise idea, even if it was close to the hotel. 

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2023 at 6:50 AM, nobodysfriend said:

Sickos are everywhere

I am afraid that I agree, up to a point.

My friends are not sickos.

And so, I stay close to home, and, these days, venture out only rarely.

As I recall it, when I was growing up, there seemed to be far fewer sickos out on the loose, back then.

Most people are good; I believe.

However, it is the bad eggs which have increased in the recent few decades, or at least it seems this way.

Better I just do not venture forth, is my decision.

• Agree 1