The world is burning down... So what are you up to?

bob smith

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't forget the vegetable in the Whitehouse also has his geriatric finger on the red button.

I take it you prefer the one who is three (3) years younger and sixty pounds fatter. He doesn't have a finger on a button but he passes US secrets on to those who do. But he says Biden will lead us into WW II. That one? 

3 minutes ago, amexpat said:

I take it you prefer the one who is three (3) years younger and sixty pounds fatter. He doesn't have a finger on a button but he passes US secrets on to those who do. But he says Biden will lead us into WW II. That one? 

Ww2 was over in 1945.

16 hours ago, RocketDog said:

I second that.

This edition of AN is rank with navel gazing by the usual suspects.

It's all good though. It helps me wean off the site entirely. There is seldom anything of interest here now.

Well said.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The sooner I'm off the better. I don't like anything about the brave new world being inflicted on me by horrid people with their woke agenda.

I find it bizarre that with the horrible things going on in the world the part that makes you happy to leave this mortal coil is people caring about climate change or some bloke somewhere saying he feels like he's a woman. 

8 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I find it bizarre that with the horrible things going on in the world the part that makes you happy to leave this mortal coil is people caring about climate change or some bloke somewhere saying he feels like he's a woman. 

War in the Ukraine/Israel/Timbuktu doesn't affect my personal freedoms, wokism does!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

War in the Ukraine doesn't affect my personal freedoms, wokism does!

Does it really though or is it just something you read about on the internet.

From a purely selfish point of view wars probably have an actual affect in increased prices and such. Increased security and affect on tourism etc. 

5 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

From a purely selfish point of view wars probably have an actual affect in increased prices and such. Increased security and affect on tourism etc. 

The biggest risk to men in the west is a woman making a claim against you.

There's almost no defense, you're guilty and will at the very least lose your employment forever.

In some places in the UK, talking to a woman in the street was an arrestable offense (2 years jail).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63916328

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The biggest risk to men in the west is a woman making a claim against you.

There's almost no defense, you're guilty and will at the very least lose your employment forever.

In some places in the UK, talking to a woman in the street was an arrestable offense (2 years jail).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-63916328

I agree there are specific situations where the rights of a particular subset of people get out of hand. Often where they have had real difficulties and unfairness in the past but the pendulum swings a bit far.  But I think it naturally swings back.

Internet posters or news outlets though can scour world news to find one example in a little town somewhere that fits their agenda and they can sell to the world and suggest that is the new norm and we all need to be worried. 

Call me old fashioned, but for such issues to make one irredeemably lose faith in humanity, as compared to horrible massacres or a tyrant attempting to bully a particular nation into submission, is a bit crazy.  

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

The world outside mine, doesn't really concern me, and I just don't care.   They can all kill each other if that is their desire. Have at it.

My big worldly priority, is finding something to do the next 6 days, while Out & About.  Can't say the weather is cooperating, though the rain knocked a bit of the early seasonal smog down at Kanchanaburi.   

That was an unwelcome surprise, from Hua Hin to here, and hills are a blur already.

Was thinking about heading up to the Mon Bridge area, but that's 3 hr each way, and been there before.  Plus, recent photos had clear blue skies...hmm

Now just need to find nice coffee shop or restaurant riverside, or up by SaiYok WF.    It's there, it's free, might as well take a peek.  

image.png.d4e2dacd54a852266414a4872c838df2.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

That's because those people make my life worse. The other horrible stuff going on doesn't, as it's far away. That sort of stuff has been going on all my life, but I wasn't personally involved. Taxing me for an unproven theory makes me PO.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Of course wokism affects us. When the government loves to introduce woke policies it does affect us.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, amexpat said:

Sorry, I don't recognise anyone from that inane description.  

• Thumbs Up 1