Iran sends deadly message to Biden with Hamas attack on Israel

Social Media

On 10/10/2023 at 11:01 AM, Neeranam said:

US funds Israel, Iran funds Hamas, same same. If they meddle in international politics, expect repercussions. 

Unfortunately, these matters are never this simplistic and clear.

Netanyahu partnered with Hamas to prevent a 2 state solution.

Hamas as partner

Effectively, Netanyahu’s entire worldview collapsed over the course of a single day. He was convinced that he could make deals with corrupt Arab tyrants while ignoring the cornerstone of the Arab-Jewish conflict, the Palestinians. His life’s work was to turn the ship of state from the course steered by his predecessors, from Yitzhak Rabin to Ehud Olmert, and make the two-state solution impossible. En route to this goal, he found a partner in Hamas.

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” he told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019. “This is part of our strategy – to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”
(emphasis mine)
Archive Link

Edited by expat_4_life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, expat_4_life said:

Unfortunately, these matters are never this simplistic and clear.

Netanyahu partnered with Hamas to prevent a 2 state solution.

Hamas as partner

Effectively, Netanyahu’s entire worldview collapsed over the course of a single day. He was convinced that he could make deals with corrupt Arab tyrants while ignoring the cornerstone of the Arab-Jewish conflict, the Palestinians. His life’s work was to turn the ship of state from the course steered by his predecessors, from Yitzhak Rabin to Ehud Olmert, and make the two-state solution impossible. En route to this goal, he found a partner in Hamas.

“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas,” he told a meeting of his Likud party’s Knesset members in March 2019. “This is part of our strategy – to isolate the Palestinians in Gaza from the Palestinians in the West Bank.”
(emphasis mine)
Archive Link

Not sure he was still happy with Hamas at that time, but it has been a long established policy to divide to rule, and it included helping the initial  development of Hamas.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/19/hamas-israel-palestine-conflict/

Beyond this initial boost, Hamas and the political faction represented by Netanyahu have been de facto reinforcing each other over the years. In particular, the continuous expansion of Israel's grip on land in the West bank and East Jerusalem has certainly contributed to the decredibilisation of the PA among Palestinians (I know, it was not the only reason, corruption and incompetence also played a role in it), and to the increase in Hamas popularity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, candide said:

Not sure he was still happy with Hamas at that time, but it has been a long established policy to divide to rule, and it included helping the initial  development of Hamas.

https://theintercept.com/2018/02/19/hamas-israel-palestine-conflict/

Beyond this initial boost, Hamas and the political faction represented by Netanyahu have been de facto reinforcing each other over the years. In particular, the continuous expansion of Israel's grip on land in the West bank and East Jerusalem has certainly contributed to the decredibilisation of the PA among Palestinians (I know, it was not the only reason, corruption and incompetence also played a role in it), and to the increase in Hamas popularity.

And now, even if Israel will succeed to make Hamas irrelevant, who's the likely candidate to manage things down in Gaza post-war? The PA.

Sure, the PA will pretend to be reluctant, but they'll go for it, if only because there's no other choice. Maybe Egypt and some international involvement as well.

Bottom line is that Netanyahu's strategy not only failed, but backfired.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Correct. But as you and I know Happy a convenient paranoid lie to some is far more palatable than taking the energy and time to find out what is actually the truth and sharing that truth.

I searched for other than US news outlets on the issue and found only these US based ones (as a few examples) .. sop I'd say 'reader beware' and do your research!

Apart from Trumpist nutters, Russian operatives and their dimwit stooge puppets, it seems that some folks say Pres. Biden in order to lower gas prices relaxed (for a 6 months set period) the sanctions of Iranian oil, this was approved by the Senate, with the view to lowering Russian choking of gas and oil, and the already set-in-place sanctions on Iranian oil (set pre Trump and Biden by the way).

This embargo was set in-concert with the EU, World and Asian Development Bank's, not just by the US alone.

These world events all dovetailed into creating the spiralling gas prices (seen worldwide) after the massive worldwide impact on the entire planetary economic balance was shaken to its foundations by Covid. And for those conspirator addicts don't bother telling me this was part of an evil cabal to make us even more slaves to a dark in-the-shadows Orwellian Big Brother.

We know its very challenging for Americans to think of the world powers (e.g. oil, banks) acting and making decisions that are not entirely made, or controlled by the USA.  Yes I know this is a shock to some Americans but its actually factually correct.

Whichever way you cut it i.e. apolitically, or with a world interactive view of dependence on the middle east for oil we all are under the external control of huge players of world geo-politics, but please God I'm not offering up the bizarre unhinged QAnon option. 

The monopolies of the sheiks and Western oil barons needs to be broken.

We are in a difficult time because of our dependence on fossil fuels. 

We're dealing with the results of decades of dragging feet, distraction, silence, lie, and ineptitudes by the governments we have elected time and time again because for their cockolding to the world economic giants. We the unwashed masses are merely dependent as an addict is to the needle.

The Russia issues and the oil and gas supply stricture tipped the post Covid strains on supply of oil into the red-zone.

The Iranian embargoes, the periodic recent fiddling and squeezing of Arab oils supplies and their absolute supply control leads to leaps in prices of EVERYTHING. 

By the way Biden approved more exploration/drilling leases on US soil to US and other Western drillers than Trump (by a large margin). 

https://subscriber.politicopro.com/article/2023/10/biden-israel-hamas-iran-oil-00120924?source=email

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4252577-why-is-biden-ignoring-irans-influence-in-the-hamas-attacks-its-simple-politics/

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/07/biden-has-no-choice-but-to-go-to-saudi-arabia.html

Seems to me we need to globally forge on, as fast as we can, to develop alternative, mass produceable, cheap, alternative energy sources. 

Bravo .

Well written , well informed  , well analyzed , with a touch of humor , it was a pleasure to read this .

21 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

The USA were going to, 6 Billion $,  hasn't that been put on hold?

Biden dropped the sanctions on Iran... their oil boom started immediately.

Iran is flush with cash again.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Biden dropped the sanctions on Iran... their oil boom started immediately.

Iran is flush with cash again.

Yes it appears so. Just seen a headline in the Telegraph:

"Iran said it will intervene if the Israeli operation in Gaza continues, two diplomatic sources told the Axios news agency."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/10/14/israel-palestine-latest-news-updates-hamas-gaza-day-8-live/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

Yes it appears so. Just seen a headline in the Telegraph:

"Iran said it will intervene if the Israeli operation in Gaza continues, two diplomatic sources told the Axios news agency."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/10/14/israel-palestine-latest-news-updates-hamas-gaza-day-8-live/

And now the USA are sending a second aircraft carrier, things could get worse, if that's possible?