Floods in Pattaya and north as more rain is forecast

webfact

image.jpeg

Heavy rain lashed Pattaya late Monday night, causing flooding in several areas of the resort city, as the Meteorological Department forecasts heavy rain in northern, eastern and central regions, including Bangkok and its suburbs, today (Tuesday).

The beach road and the Sukhumvit road in South Pattaya, especially the section in front of the highway police station,were flooded on both the in-bound and out-bound lanes.

The road running parallel to the railway, behind the Tham Samakkhi temple, was flooded and impassable by small vehicles.

City officials said that they are trying to drain the flood water into the sea, so traffic can resume as normal this morning (Tuesday).

Flooding is still reported in Lomsak district of the northern Phetchabun province and in Lom Khao and Dan Sai districts of the north-eastern province of Loei today. Lom Sak district’s economic zone and about 700 households in five communities in the municipal area are under water today.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-10-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Expat68 said:

If you were here I think you would appreciate the post a little more. 6" in 12 hours is quite a lot

I'm sure it seems a lot more when:

- There's little to no drainage pipes in order to allow the water to move to a more controlled area such as a sewer system or canal.

- What drainage system there is has been clogged up from all the litter tossed about instead of disposing properly in a wastebin. 

- Road design allows for the the water to pile up and sit in the middle.

9 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I'm sure it seems a lot more when:

- There's little to no drainage pipes in order to allow the water to move to a more controlled area such as a sewer system or canal.

- What drainage system there is has been clogged up from all the litter tossed about instead of disposing properly in a wastebin. 

- Road design allows for the the water to pile up and sit in the middle.

Nothing to do with drainage, there are numerous dam's which they have had to constantly open, which runs into the one river which runs through the heart of the city itself (which is nicknamed the sea of mountains) is surrounded by mountains, hence it does not take much working out where all the run off water goes

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Nothing to do with drainage, there are numerous dam's which they have had to constantly open, which runs into the one river which runs through the heart of the city itself (which is nicknamed the sea of mountains) is surrounded by mountains, hence it does not take much working out where all the run off water goes

I think your morning meds need changing...

20 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

....flooding or the same litany every year during the rainy season! so where does all the money go that millions of tourists pour into this city that never sleeps?

Same here in Phuket, where the island's infrastructure is worse than 25 years ago. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Expat68 said:

If you were here I think you would appreciate the post a little more. 6" in 12 hours is quite a lot

Although I am actually to the north of Pattaya by some Km I guess we had pretty close to 4 inches...is the lake nicely topped off now?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Railway Road is a testament to Pattaya corruption and ineptitude. I've lived here for 18 years and it seems there is work to do every month with no improvement.  Similarly the supplier of sand to replenish the beaches of Pattaya and Bali is making money twice a year.