support thai wife 40k baht month requirement

renewal coming up. what papers are they asking for these days?   Is one year bank statement showing 40K baht month deposit from foreign bank outside thailand all they want to meet financial requirement.?

american asking/chiang mai.

thanks

You either need to have 400k in the bank for two months before you apply or 12 certified and stamped bank statements, dated the day of the application, showing transfers of at least 40k each and every month.

Watch out for this in December if you are relying on the US Government to make deposits directly. The chaos caucus is planning on payment delays.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, cjinchiangrai said:

You either need to have 400k in the bank for two months before you apply or 12 certified and stamped bank statements, dated the day of the application,

And good luck with that, getting a 12month statement same day if you have a BKB account, going by previous posts here.

42 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

And good luck with that, getting a 12month statement same day if you have a BKB account, going by previous posts here.

Normally bank statement can be up to a week old as long as it covers the required deposits.  What often does need to be same day is passbook latest update and letter from bank of account balance/ownership.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, whopper said:

renewal coming up. what papers are they asking for these days?   Is one year bank statement showing 40K baht month deposit from foreign bank outside thailand all they want to meet financial requirement.?

thanks

I use to provide a source letter as well from both Social Security and pension . This year they said dont need that all they want is a bank statement showing at least 40,000 baht coming in the country every month for the past 12 months . Then a letter from the bank stating these funds are international transfers . This letter must be less than 7 days old . Copy of all pages of the bank book and up date it the morning your going in . Also when you get your statement mark lines showing the deposits. I just did mine last month at the airport .  Advise , get all your papers and copies ready , go the day before have them check them . Show up early next morning and drop your papers in the basket you ll save yourself a lot of time .  

Just now, BB1955 said:

I use to provide a source letter as well from both Social Security and pension . This year they said dont need that all they want is a bank statement showing at least 40,000 baht coming in the country every month for the past 12 months . Then a letter from the bank stating these funds are international transfers . This letter must be less than 7 days old . Copy of all pages of the bank book and up date it the morning your going in . Also when you get your statement mark lines showing the deposits. I just did mine last month at the airport .  Advise , get all your papers and copies ready , go the day before have them check them . Show up early next morning and drop your papers in the basket you ll save yourself a lot of time .  

Also it was Chiangmai 

1 minute ago, DjSilver said:

Usually you go to your embassy and get a certified income letter,  that is based on your taxed salary or pension from your country. 

As such letters are not available for US/UK/OZ folks the alternative income proof is monthly deposits into Thai bank account for previous year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

Just did mine in Chiang Mai. Immigration want copies of every page of your bank books for the year, a one year statement from the bank plus a letter from the bank showing amount transferred (FTT) each month and total for the year. So basically they want the same information in triplicate in different formats.

I suppose it can vary with which immigration officer handles the renewal. I have been here 12 years, the Bangkok Bank letter showing that I have 12 monthly deposits as FTT has been enough although my bank book accompanied (I do not have every deposit entered in the book as I do not update regularly). I however, have always found using an agency clears away any issues I may not be aware of. I would add that I had been on an O-A Visa for Retirement. This year I switched to an O Visa for Marriage to a Thai Spouse. I still bring in the 65K from the USA every month as that is what we spend in Chiang Mai as a family of 3 (includes teen Stepdaughter).

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DjSilver said:

Usually you go to your embassy and get a certified income letter,  that is based on your taxed salary or pension from your country. 

USA, England, Australia and Denmark, if I am up to date, have not issued these letters for some years.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

I suppose it can vary with which immigration officer handles the renewal. I have been here 12 years, the Bangkok Bank letter showing that I have 12 monthly deposits as FTT has been enough although my bank book accompanied (I do not have every deposit entered in the book as I do not update regularly). I however, have always found using an agency clears away any issues I may not be aware of. I would add that I had been on an O-A Visa for Retirement. This year I switched to an O Visa for Marriage to a Thai Spouse. I still bring in the 65K from the USA every month as that is what we spend in Chiang Mai as a family of 3 (includes teen Stepdaughter).

I use an agent and what I said above is what they ask for so I assume immigration asks them.

I find the 40k/65k requirements strange. So a single person needs 65k to live on but a family of at least 2 people only needs 40k. No requirement for the spouse or any other family members earning money.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

You request the report a week in advance and then go directly to immigration from there.

Just a heads up this is not CM but Buri Ram, but I was asked to show source of income, I have 2 pensions, needed a letter or email stating from where and how much. as they always say its a different world in each province, I went in ealy and my under consideration is actually about 36 days ends 21st Oct, which is a saturday, I'll be ringing on the 20th.

39 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

But would that not have an earlier date on it?

Bangkok Bank 1 year statements come from Bangkok and takes 1 week to arrive, here in Chiang Mai. Immigration always ok with that. Bank book needs to be updated on day of application.

3 hours ago, wwest5829 said:

USA, England, Australia and Denmark, if I am up to date, have not issued these letters for some years.

I believe that while Denmark stopped issuing them for a while, they soon resumed providing that service. Any Dane here want to confirm?

3 hours ago, Dazinoz said:

I find the 40k/65k requirements strange. So a single person needs 65k to live on but a family of at least 2 people only needs 40k. No requirement for the spouse or any other family members earning money.

They want to make it easy for those with Thai spouses and children to live here. With single pensioners, they only want fairly affluent individuals.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 12:18 PM, whopper said:

thanks

Code visa 2.18 ( Thai wife)  No change In all cases, the money must be exclusively deposited in a Thai bank....

image.png

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

They want to make it easy for those with Thai spouses and children to live here. With single pensioners, they only want fairly affluent individuals.

Right. And Immigration also cannot make a requirement to a Thai spouse, she is not asking for or need a visa. In addition to that, many Thai wives are working, and adding to that 40.000 baht requirement for the husband. Many, and maybe most, married couples have then two income sources.

I see nothing strange about this at all.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Normally bank statement can be up to a week old as long as it covers the required deposits.  What often does need to be same day is passbook latest update and letter from bank of account balance/ownership.

Do you know what the position is if you are using the income method and its your first application for an extension - i.e. you can't provide 12 month's proof?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2023 at 12:29 PM, lopburi3 said:

OP has nothing to do with any money going to wife - the immigration requirement for one year extensions of stay based on having a Thai wife is an income of 40k per month or a deposit of 400k in a Thai bank account.

Thank you. I do wish some of the posters answer the questions asked instead of jumping on their hobby horse.