Your 2 favourite days from last year

bignok

Mine were riding a bike in Phattalung. We visited a bunch of places. Found a huge cave no tourists no entry fee. Went to the bird lake. Went to 2 temples on a hill. Coffee shop on way back.

The area looked like Krabi in say the 1970s. As good as scenary as anywhere.

Due to lack of tourists it was hard to find a bike shop but got one. The town itself had a lot of donut shops for some reason plus steak houses. 

Riding a bike in the right area is as good as it gets I think.

First:

Visiting Chiang Mai from Siem Reap to attend the Remembrance Day Service and meeting up again with friends who I knew from the days when I lived in Lanna.

Second:

Reaching 2 years full residency in Cambodia and qualifying for my free annual pass to Angor Wat and the Archaeological Park which I can visit any time and as many times I want for free. It is renewable each year. 

2 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

First:

Visiting Chiang Mai from Siem Reap to attend the Remembrance Day Service and meeting up again with friends who I knew from the days when I lived in Lanna.

Second:

Reaching 2 years full residency in Cambodia and qualifying for my free annual pass to Angor Wat and the Archaeological Park which I can visit any time and as many times I want for free. It is renewable each year. 

Thats cool deal on temples.

• Thanks 1

Daughter adopting us as parents, and that will always be best ever.

Love new toys, and using them, so driving through Nan, Bo Kluea to Pua for first time, (new toy: EV, picked up last year).

Lots of great drives last year, but that was first time there, and impressive landscape.  Still prefer the limestone karsts, but seen so many times, Nan was a pleasant, surprising change.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was in Wellington New Zealand on a six month HR contract due to end 25 October 2022.

Hated it. Ok $ but not an enjoyable workplace, over 1900 employees and an annual staff turnover 28% gives an indication of how happy a place it was and the workload on HR 

Took a couple of days off and visited Auckland brother to think things over, decided I to exit early, cut contract short and flew to Suvarnabhumi 29 August, back to the family.

Didn't have time to finalise property there, went back for six weeks Feb / Mar and sorted everything.

Happy days: 1 giving my notice, 2 walking out for the last time.

No regrets.

10 minutes ago, jimn said:

Shame you didnt get stuck in the cave with no internet. It would have saved us all from your endless pointless topics. For heavens sake man, have you nothing better to do. You must be so bored.

Yet here you are