Aftermarket Batteries for Makita

Yellowtail

6 minutes ago, pest said:

Pull the battery apart buy new rechargable batteries and solder back in ...many you tube vids on how to do it our Big C phuket has the rechargable batteries no idea on the cost 

Thanks, but the batteries I have are still good, I just need a couple more. 

Aftermarket Batteries for anything is like winning the 1st prize lottery - you need a good amount of luck to find a decent one (sometimes, the risk of fire too, which I experienced awhile back on a Laptop - luckily was nearby to disconnect it).

Today, the brand label too is very difficult to trust due to so much of fake garbage.

Edited by ravip

I have purchased several Makita copy batteries from Lazada and Allied Express. All are good but I am not a tradie using them every day I am only an ocasional fixit handyman in my own home. Not had any issues. You can get batteries depending on capacity from 400-700 baht. There are higher capacity batteries that cost more but I find them a bit heavy on the tools.  I cannot recommend any as they come and go on Lazada and Allied Express all the time. I have also repaired an existing Ryobi battery pack when I got stuck in Australia during COVID. If you can solider you can just purchase new batteries and replace the current ones in your Makita pack as long you can open pack and work on it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, alanrchase said:

I bought a cheap replacement on Lazada for a hedge trimmer knowing it would not be very good as I wanted the case. I then bought real 3,000mah 18650 batteries and replaced the ones in the case. New spare battery pack for about 600 baht. Been using it every week for over a year and it is still going strong.

Agreed. You can even buy a spot welder for the nickle connecting straps on Lazada very cheap.

However, I've used acid flux and a soldering iron with tin/lead solder on several occasions as well.