Refused pseudoephedrine at hospital

atpeace

On 10/14/2023 at 6:28 PM, Felton Jarvis said:

They didn’t want you setting up a meth lab in your hospital room. Typical Thai logic.

It isn't just in Thailand.

I lived in California where you had to show your driver's license which they scanned to keep track if you were buying metric tons of the stuff, also you had to sign (electronically) to promise that you weren't using it to start your own drug cartel.

In a neighboring state, Oregon, you need an MD prescription to get pseudafed.

But I also remember going in to a pharmacy when pseudafed was just OTC and the whole shelf would be emptied of Pseudafed, generics and anything that had it in combo with antihistamine.

So apparently it was a problem.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 11:48 AM, xylophone said:

I see that this post of mine was given three laughing emojis, so for the numb nuts who did this, you might want to look up xylitol, because it is indeed a natural sugar alcohol, and can be used to assist in weight loss in place of normal cane sugar.

Of course, the lowly educated wouldn't know this, hence the emojis.

Yes, xylophone is absolutely right.

I was lowly educated and looked it up and xylitol does reduce bacteria.

I am a little suspicious of the xylophone/xylitol connection; could xylophone be an agent of Big Xylitol?

For the stiffs out there, (and I know you are on this forum), I'm kidding about this last part.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Yes, xylophone is absolutely right.

I was lowly educated and looked it up and xylitol does reduce bacteria.

I am a little suspicious of the xylophone/xylitol connection; could xylophone be an agent of Big Xylitol?

For the stiffs out there, (and I know you are on this forum), I'm kidding about this last part.

I guess I owe a few people an apology after that comment, however I will put forward some mitigating circumstances for it........ 

I have some posters who decide to put laughing emojis on just about everything I post, and even if I posted that a family member had died, they would put a laughing emoji on it. I believe I know who they are, and on the one hand I usually dismiss them as idiots, but this time I went too far, so my apologies to those whom I offended.

Also my post basically asked the question, "xylitol is a natural plant sugar – – so how would that help with sinusitis?". So that in itself should not have garnered laughing emojis IMO, but it did.

Some quick research has shown that it can have a beneficial effect: "xylitol has been hypothesized to be beneficial not only for respiratory tract infections but also for the treatment of sinusitis". National Institutes of Health (.gov).

Having suffered from sinusitis for many years, I tried saline sinus rinses and that worked extremely well for me.

Once again, my apologies to those whom I offended.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, xylophone said:

I guess I owe a few people an apology after that comment, however I will put forward some mitigating circumstances for it........ 

I have some posters who decide to put laughing emojis on just about everything I post, and even if I posted that a family member had died, they would put a laughing emoji on it. I believe I know who they are, and on the one hand I usually dismiss them as idiots, but this time I went too far, so my apologies to those whom I offended.

Also my post basically asked the question, "xylitol is a natural plant sugar – – so how would that help with sinusitis?". So that in itself should not have garnered laughing emojis IMO, but it did.

Some quick research has shown that it can have a beneficial effect: "xylitol has been hypothesized to be beneficial not only for respiratory tract infections but also for the treatment of sinusitis". National Institutes of Health (.gov).

Having suffered from sinusitis for many years, I tried saline sinus rinses and that worked extremely well for me.

Once again, my apologies to those whom I offended.

The problem with saline is that it can dry out your nasal passages. The way Xyiltol works is that it is type of cleaning agent, soap, it is sticky and natural so it removes any irritants and coats your sinus..

Have you considered what is causing your allergies and just avoiding it?  Likely mold because we are in the monsoon.

On 10/14/2023 at 4:01 PM, LosLobo said:

You are correct, I really meant 'phenylephrine (hydrochloride)'.

Re phenylephrine:

Drug retailers, makers face mounting litigation over decongestant products

"CVS’s decision to pull oral medications that contain the controversial decongestant phenylephrine comes as it and several other leading OTC drugmakers and retailers face a growing number of lawsuits related to the drug’s effectiveness.

Last month, two consumers in California filed a lawsuit in the US District Court in Sacramento against makers and retailers of phenylephrine medications alleging that the companies made millions selling products that they knew didn’t work.

The plaintiffs, who are asking the court to certify their case as a class-action suit, are seeking compensation for consumers in California and throughout the US, according to The Mercury News."

(more)

https://seekingalpha.com/news/4022283-drug-retailers-makers-face-mounting-litigation-over-decongestant-products

• Thanks 1