School in BKK messed up my visa paperwork

Hello everyone,

Recently I paid for a Thai language course but my school,  language school in Bkk, neglected to send me the documents necessary to make ed visa in time. They now tell me I have to go to Laos to make my ed visa. Does anyone have any advice? I am not confident to travel to Laos alone.

Thank you for your advice

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

May have little time remaining on his/her permission of stay.

Pointing out that he/she could buy some time with a 30 day extension to plan next steps. 

Perhaps not even aware of border runs + extension. 

Read my post again, and you will clearly see that I did not mention about the extension/border hops.

Please explain to me how knowing how much the OP paid for the course will help you answer his question.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

thank you so much everybody. I booked a ticket to Vientiane Laos. Unfortunately, the school will not cover it. I got pretty angry at them but I need them to complete my paperwork. Sorry I am just new to having to do this kind of thing. But your advice has helped a lot, thank you.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Again with you.

The OP has one zero posts prior to this thread.

May have little time remaining on his/her permission of stay.

Pointing out that he/she could buy some time with a 30 day extension to plan next steps. 

Perhaps not even aware of border runs + extension. 

I pointed out that was not directly addressing the issue.

As usual where have you helped 

Peanut gallery member. 

Not sure where the other guy is coming from but anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time would know that DrJack54 is an avid donor of

whatever is needed for us especially in the immigration rules and games. 

22 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

That sux man. I hate it too when others fxxk you over and you get to fix their error.

I would insist they refund you and get real angry with them. That seems to work most of the time. The angrier you are the more likely a good outcome.

Getting angry in Thailand is counter productive.it will get you nowere just laughted at 

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2023 at 5:29 PM, momijimanju said:

Hello everyone,

Recently I paid for a Thai language course but my school,  language school in Bkk, neglected to send me the documents necessary to make ed visa in time. They now tell me I have to go to Laos to make my ed visa. Does anyone have any advice? I am not confident to travel to Laos alone.

Thank you for your advice

Then take someone with you... 

1 hour ago, chris carre said:

Getting angry in Thailand is counter productive.it will get you nowere just laughted at 

But I'm referring to nut job angry not just polite person angry. Even in Thailand, when you become unhandleable you are allowed what you want to calm the situation. You need to be able to take polite angry to the next level. 

6 hours ago, chris carre said:

Getting angry in Thailand is a high risk strategy with unpredictable consequences. If they start smiling or laughing, it is a bad sign, and may presage an unpleasant aftermath, worse than simple obstructionism. On the other hand, most Thais are conflict averse, and may be inclined to defuse the situation by giving you what you want. I do not recommend it, but making a scene can work sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Getting angry in Thailand is a high risk strategy with unpredictable consequences. If they start smiling or laughing, it is a bad sign, and may presage an unpleasant aftermath, worse than simple obstructionism.

i dont agree. except for immi and police of course. wen i hav a temper tantrum i demand to see the manager. sometimes it works other times it doesnt. these urban legends of thai culture and manners mean diddlee squat. 20 years ago i listened to this gibberish of can and cant do's in thailand. damn i wish i had known better!  still here and still enjoying myself

12 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i dont agree. except for immi and police of course. wen i hav a temper tantrum i demand to see the manager. sometimes it works other times it doesnt. these urban legends of thai culture and manners mean diddlee squat. 20 years ago i listened to this gibberish of can and cant do's in thailand. damn i wish i had known better!  still here and still enjoying myself

I am glad you have never suffered the worst possible consequences from an angry exchange with a Thai. I have seen people hospitalised as a result of a wolf gang attack by (for instance) a motorcycle gang "avenging" their wronged friend. It does not often get that bad, but it can. I once saw a 45 kg bargirl leave a big young male customer concussed by hitting him as hard as she could with the butt end of a pool cue as soon as his back was turned.

On 10/15/2023 at 5:54 AM, bigt3116 said:

Read my post again, and you will clearly see that I did not mention about the extension/border hops.

Please explain to me how knowing how much the OP paid for the course will help you answer his question.

Yawn... leave Dr. Jack to help the guy without running interference. Dr. Jack knows what he doing. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BritTim said:

I am glad you have never suffered the worst possible consequences from an angry exchange with a Thai

thai or caucasian worst possible consequence is death. I bounced in bars for many years in my youth and never had to get physical. i have a pretty good read on people's behavior. the trick is to keep a distance whenever in a dangerous situation. i have had my share of bar fights (not when i bounced) and i can tell you first hand that caucasians are just as bad as thais. aggros are aggros anywhere you go. so, am i more afraid of a thai than a caucasian? hell no! any color or creed has its ass hats. as for ganging up on one... caucasians are just as bad. take a football team (real football... american football not the sissy one where they run after a ball :cheesy: ) get them drunk in a bar and have someone start something with one of the players...

Jack asses are jack asses wherever you pluck them. there are so many urban legends about thais that i really dont listen when people say things about them. thais are corrupt, they have a pack mentality and we will never be a part of the team. that is all one needs to know