Biden says simultaneous wars in Ukraine, Israel won’t overwhelm US

Social Media

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Better that than American lives having to be expended later down the line after appeasement failed.

Talking of failure, I wonder how long before Biden will be distracted by some other vanity project and pull out prematurely, just as he did with Afghanistan. What a utter mess he made of that...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-58238497

He really should focus on his many domestic issues and stop trying to be the world's policeman. He's not up to the job. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I'm not discussing the timeline. That's another silly deflection. 

I'm saying Biden made a complete mess of the process.

image.png.6a88f7f4b6845436f0a6647cd4524b1e.png

He couldn't organize a prayer in a mosque. Now we wants to join in pretty much every conflict around the world. He needs to sit down somewhere...

Tell that to the Ukrainians. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Biden administration responded to Ukrainian pleas for help we responded as did nato at a cost of 6% of our defense budget we have help fund along with nato the utter humiliation of Putin his inept military all without costing American lives #1 that is an incredible bargain #2 it is the correct moral thing to do(woke thing to do)choke gasp!! Sending a strong deterrent to protect Israel’s flanks is also the correct moral thing to do America can handle it no problem in my humble opinion,the danger lies in the dysfunctional congress thanks to one Donald John trump who continues to be a tremendous asset to americas enemies.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Two US Navy carrier groups sitting off the coast of Israel is a very odd appeasement.

Your other off topic canned rants are noted.

Quite the opposite of appeasement. It's either intimidation or provocation. What happens if Hezbollah gets lucky and sinks a U.S. ship?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tug said:

They would see a response similar to what hammas is experiencing at the hands of the Israelis 

But it isn't only Hamas that's experiencing what Israel is dishing out, is it? So will the US be killing Lebanese civilians as well as Hezbollah troops? And given that the Israeli response looks like it's going to be an invasion of Gaza, does that mean American troops would be landing in Lebanon?  You don't seem to have given much consideration to what the consequences of such a US response would be. Come to think of it, neither have the supporters of the Israeli invasion of Gaza. Let's see how much world support holds for Israel once the Israeli invasion is underway. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Talking of failure, I wonder how long before Biden will be distracted by some other vanity project and pull out prematurely, just as he did with Afghanistan. What a utter mess he made of that...

IMO he'll abandon Ukraine before he pulls out of israel.

I don't know what hold israel holds over US leaders, but it must be significant. Sending an aircraft battle group to do what? is strange given the Gazan's have no heavy weapons to resist. Are the israelis unable to suppress a few lightly armed fighters themselves. Is the israeli military a sham that they need the US and UK to help?

Blinken is on Al Jazeera rattling the sabre against 2 million civilians.

Stop the presses- Blinken just said that aid needs to be sent to Gaza! He didn't say that it needs to be sent NOW though. Perhaps they will wait till a few more thousand Gazan's starve to death or die of wounds before they let the tons of aid waiting in Egypt through.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The US Navy are sitting off the Israeli coast to deter any opportunist attacks by third nations on Israel.

Their main means to do so is overwhelmingly air superiority.

The US has sent two carrier groups, not land forces or marines.

And that's a guarantee of success? I'm on my mobile phone right now but there's an article in the New York times about how well those fleets may currently serve as a deterrent, pressure will build on Hezbollah to take action if the carnage becomes more severe. And most likely, it will become a lot more severe.

• Confused 1