20 years ago today, hanging out on KSR infront of the 7-11

Don Chance

I was there almost 30 years ago, somewhere on a rooftop of one of the buildings in the soi. Open air and disco lights and all that.

Cola from the bottle was a ridiculous price like 20B per bottle or something like that.

Some girls from Nana wanted to go there and I could easily buy cola for them all night. ???? 

No further charges. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was there almost 30 years ago, somewhere on a rooftop of one of the buildings in the soi. Open air and disco lights and all that.

Cola from the bottle was a ridiculous price like 20B per bottle or something like that.

Some girls from Nana wanted to go there and I could easily buy cola for them all night. ???? 

No further charges. 

You mean 2baht per bottle

• Confused 3

On 10/16/2023 at 12:07 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

No further charges. 

20-30 years ago is considered nostalgic? How quaint. 

I'll raise your 20-30 and call. 

Real old hands, with disseminating values, will wax romantically at 45-50 years ago. 

The good old days. 

Generations That Haven't A Clue. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/16/2023 at 9:07 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

No further charges. 

Today the japs,koreans or other chinamen are paying 150$ and thus creating inflation all over those nice "entertainement guide ladies".

Edited by Middle Aged Grouch

6 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Real old hands, with disseminating values, will wax romantically at 45-50 years ago. 

The good old days. 

Great, so tell us about your time in that soi 50 or 60 years ago.

Was it already a tourist place at that time? Or R&R for the Vietnam war soldiers?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Today the japs,koreans or other chinamen are paying 150$ and thus creating inflation all over those nice "entertainement guide ladies".

Come on, if you would have to give one of those guys a BJ, how much would you charge? 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

The good old days. 

Don’t be silly….

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 11:39 PM, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I remember about 7 years ago in that place, a foreing blonde young lady asked me, without any introduction, if I would like to come to her room and have sex. I said No thank you, because I was waiting for some friends. I will regret that for the rest of my life.

Might have been a scam to drug and rob you. You might have been lucky to reject.

When something seems too good to be true it usually is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Might have been a scam to drug and rob you. You might have been lucky to reject.

When something seems too good to be true it usually is.

It’s becoming increasingly clear why you weren’t a success with the ladies. 
I was turning them down left right and centre there because I had a girl with me or one at home. Some of those I did meet with later, even though they knew I had a girl, tried to get their leg over anyway. I remember having an attractive blonde Norwegian girl waiting outside, whilst the girl with whom I was with was inside the guesthouse. I didn’t even get off the airport bus without a girl grabbing me and suggesting we get a double room together. In my innocence, she did it purely to save cash as we were all backpacking. 
Seems you missed out on the social aspect. There were girls galore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In the 90s KSR was a <deleted> hole. Since then it has become a tarted up <deleted> hole.

I used to go there once a holiday to remember why I didn't go there.

You didn’t get hooked up by the sounds of it. You left empty handed and bitter. 
Those of us who were genuinely interested in people and nature had the pick of the garden. You could meet someone new on a daily basis if you wanted. Not just about sex, but interacting, touring, exploring, having experiences together. I had invitations to many different countries through those experiences and went there on some occasions. I’m still in contact with some to this day. 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 5:03 PM, Chris Daley said:

Never been there in 8 years.  Don't plan on going there.

The old retirees and sexpats missed a great experience. 

I hung out there in 1992, even lived there for 6 months in 95.

Great memories, hole in the wall bar, mango. 

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

In the 90s KSR was a <deleted> hole. Since then it has become a tarted up <deleted> hole.

I used to go there once a holiday to remember why I didn't go there.

Was better pre 97 ish, when very few Thais went there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NextG said:

It’s becoming increasingly clear why you weren’t a success with the ladies. 
I was turning them down left right and centre there because I had a girl with me or one at home. Some of those I did meet with later, even though they knew I had a girl, tried to get their leg over anyway. I remember having an attractive blonde Norwegian girl waiting outside, whilst the girl with whom I was with was inside the guesthouse. I didn’t even get off the airport bus without a girl grabbing me and suggesting we get a double room together. In my innocence, she did it purely to save cash as we were all backpacking. 
Seems you missed out on the social aspect. There were girls galore. 

Oh yes, I remember my only ever threesome with Thai student girls. 

And Israeli, Finnish, German, Irish, and the most beautiful American Indian/Spanish/Brazilian. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The old retirees and sexpats missed a great experience. 

I hung out there in 1992, even lived there for 6 months in 95.

Great memories, 

They also missed Thailand's highest HIV rate ever (1991) and without any effective meds available anywhere in the world. 

Most died by the millennium. 

I'd say the sexpats are better off mongering now.

Just some perspective. 

2 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

They also missed Thailand's highest HIV rate ever (1991) and without any effective meds available anywhere in the world. 

Most died by the millennium. 

I'd say the sexpats are better off mongering now.

Just some perspective. 

Sexpats didn't go to KSR, as most are ugly/fat/old. 

The only guy I knew to have AIDS back then is still alive. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Sexpats didn't go to KSR, as most are ugly/fat/old. 

Pull the other leg, will you.

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The only guy I knew to have AIDS back then is still alive. 

That's settles it then. Guess I'll throw my factual data in the trash.

• Like 2