Tourism Ministry Allocates 600 Million Baht to Boost Visitors to Thailand

snoop1130

1697284568001-696x391.jpg

The Thai Ministry of Tourism and Sports is earmarking 600 million Thai baht (equivalent to US$16 million or RM77 million) from its core budget to invigorate the tourism sector during the forthcoming high season. This manoeuvre comes in anticipation of a deferment in the disbursement of the fiscal 2024 budget until April of next year.

Thai Tourism and Sports Minister Sudawan Wangsuphakijkosol conveyed that the envisaged budget will be channelled to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) for spearheading promotional ventures, commencing from the final quarter of this year, 2023, and stretching into the initial quarter of 2024.

Central to the promotional blueprint are notable projects such as the Amazing Thailand Passport Privileges, which is earmarked a budget of 150 million baht to bolster Thailand’s appeal as a coveted shopping haven. An equal sum has been set aside for orchestrating marketing endeavours aimed at a global audience.

By Tom Sinclair

Full story: The Pattaya News 2023-10-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

600 Miliion he  plans to steal from expats. I am sending "don't visit  Thailand" to my 4000 Facebook friends.

As they state the equivalent amount not only in US$, but also Malaysian ringgit (RM), they seem to anticipate that their taxation plans might lead to less expenditures from long-term tourists, which they then plan to compensate with by attracting more visitors from Malaysia... Charge expats, leading, possibly, to shorter stays (and less income), so that they need to spend more to attract new tourists. Smart move, Thailand...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, mikebell said:

How do you get 4000 friends?  I don't know 40 people & that includes relatives.  Mind you I'm 81 so some have died off!

He's an important influencer, that's why he has millions of followers. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, retarius said:

He's an important influencer, that's why he has millions of followers. 

Not millions, as we privilege quality, over quantity. I guess you could join in, but  I am sure you don't speak/write Hebrew. 

Edited by Ben Zioner

I'm not sure how much 600 m can sway foreign tourists to start making plans to visit Thailand? Over the next five months.

And the mix of "programs" seems strangely convoluted, with the bulk of the funds targeted at Tourists already in Thailand. And little generation of new tourists.

And saying that the 10K Digital Wallet could be used for Domestic Tourism seems odd given that program's alleged limitations (location, products).

Hopefully there are some metrics so that success can be measured. Just kidding.

• Haha 1