Lazada Wallet - Is this only available on the Lazada Android App?

connda

Lazada Wallet - Is this only available on the Lazada Android App?  It seems to be that way.  I had a refund from a return that went to the Wallet.  I could not access the Lazada Wallet from the browser version of Lazada.  Kept getting a "Page Does Not Exist" error.  I installed their Android app,  and then the Lazada Wallet and the refund were both viewable.
I had to activate the Wallet though.  My wife would not cooperate with verifying the account (bad people were going to scam her and take all her money). Yeah, whatever. I'm willing to trust online retailers enough to get my refunded money back to use in future transaction.   Luckily I could change the account details to myself and I was able to activate the Wallet as a foreigner.  However, I still can't access the Lazada Wallet though the browser-based Lazada site.  Is this a feature? 
If so it looks like I'll need to use the web browser to at least get items I want to buy into the online basket (I simply can not use an Android phone to browser a website, I hate these phone with a passion), but once in the basket it looks like I'll need to use the phone to checkout and access the funds in the Lazada Wallet.  I'd prefer to do it in the web browser.  Anyone else have the same issues?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, connda said:

If so it looks like I'll need to use the web browser to at least get items I want to buy into the online basket (I simply can not use an Android phone to browser a website

I do everything with Lazada via my Android phone, browse, basket, buy, refund, withdraw from Wallet. Never any problems.

I can do it all on my W11 PC which is easier except, as you say, withdraw from Wallet, when I get a message to use the App. A bit silly really, but they make the rules.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I do everything with Lazada via my Android phone, browse, basket, buy, refund, withdraw from Wallet. Never any problems.

I know.  A lot of people can, especially younger people.
My eyes are shot - heredity and age.  I use an Android phone only when I absolutely need to.  It looks like this is one such case.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, connda said:

I know.  A lot of people can, especially younger people.  My eyes are shot - heredity and age.  I use an Android phone only when I absolutely need to.  It looks like this is one such case.

Thanks for the 'younger people' remark. I am 76, but have appropriate glasses.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Thanks for the 'younger people' remark. I am 76, but have appropriate glasses.

I pretty well guarantee your eye health is "normal" for your age.  My eye's have been abnormal all of my life, and age is now exacerbating the hereditary abnormalities.  My eyes are Sigma 3 to the norm (if you ever took statistics).
I have some serious eye issues.  But?  Feel free to make fun of my physical handicap as that seems to be the status quo for some members.
"Oh - sucks to be you, but I'm fine!" 
Well, if it make you feel superior - whatever.  I'm happy you can see with your appropriate glasses and can embrace your little smartphone screen.  Lucky you!  :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, connda said:

I pretty well guarantee your eye health is "normal" for your age.  My eye's have been abnormal all of my life, and age is now exacerbating the hereditary abnormalities.  My eyes are Sigma 3 to the norm (if you ever took statistics).
I have some serious eye issues.  But?  Feel free to make fun of my physical handicap as that seems to be the status quo for some members.
"Oh - sucks to be you, but I'm fine!" 
Well, if it make you feel superior - whatever.  I'm happy you can see with your appropriate glasses and can embrace your little smartphone screen.  Lucky you!  :thumbsup:

Mr Connoda, I am NOT making fun of you, I feel sorry for anyone who's eyesight is not good. I feel very lucky that at my age, after wearing specs since I was 7 years old, I am still able to read most things. Been through Buddy Holly/Hank Marvin, then John Lennon styles. If you need any help, PM me. Cheers.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Mr Connoda, I am NOT making fun of you, I feel sorry for anyone who's eyesight is not good. I feel very lucky that at my age, after wearing specs since I was 7 years old, I am still able to read most things. Been through Buddy Holly/Hank Marvin, then John Lennon styles. If you need any help, PM me. Cheers.

Ok - I can buy that.  No offense taken.  Regards.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well how interesting.  I just made another purchase.  This time the Lazada Wallet automatically showed up in my payment methods.  Surprise, surprise.  So I guess you need to use the Lazada Android app to activate the wallet, then given sufficient time, it becomes available as a payment method online via the Lazada web application.  Well, that makes me happy.  Slick.  All's well that ends well.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably you though, it's very easy to use, i use it a lot, practice will make you better

I found that it didn't show all the vendors (less expensive ones), or all the info of listings as the site does.  Search is terrible, worse than the site, if that's even possible.

I really don't use many apps on my phone, for anything except GPS, camera, and apps for charging the EV.  

Prefer a mouse & keyboard for any online use, beside simply the size.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I found that it didn't show all the vendors (less expensive ones), or all the info of listings as the site does.  Search is terrible, worse than the site, if that's even possible.

I really don't use many apps on my phone, for anything except GPS, camera, and apps for charging the EV.  

Prefer a mouse & keyboard for any online use, beside simply the size.

even the image search on the app is excellent, i found a blender cutter the other day, quick photo using the phone and came straight up

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, connda said:

Well how interesting.  I just made another purchase.  This time the Lazada Wallet automatically showed up in my payment methods.  Surprise, surprise.  So I guess you need to use the Lazada Android app to activate the wallet, then given sufficient time, it becomes available as a payment method online via the Lazada web application.  Well, that makes me happy.  Slick.  All's well that ends well.

A good ending for you. I'm glad to read that you've resolved the issue.

Spurred on by your good self, I decided to tackle this issue myself. I've long been puzzled by the wallet and how to activate it. So last night I downloaded the app, (yet again) fiddled around for almost an hour until I finally found out a. how to switch it over to English and b. how to register for said wallet.

I finally succeeded and noted that I would have to wait around 48 hours for them to complete the registration process. I await with baited breath!

BTW, I empathize with you regarding eye sight. I'm long sighted at +7.5 and have astigmatism. I also prefer to use my computer when browsing Lazada. As soon as the wallet becomes active and I've confirmed that it functions I shall bin the app.

It can be a little fickle on PC.

I can usually use Wallet to make a purchase but cannot withdraw funds to my bank account, which doesn't bother me.

On occasion wallet won't work and I use the Android app instead. The only reason I don't normally use the A app is my cranky old phone misbehaves when the app is installed. Install to complete function and then uninstall afterwards.

• Like 1

I don't use the Lazada Wallet .I pay with my Debit card and when I have a Refund it goes straight back into my Debit card Account.

Yea the Android App is a giant Pain I can't use that .

First off all my fingers are too big Keep typing the wrong digit's or two together . What I can do in !1 min on the laptop takes me Hrs on the Stupid Phone plus the Lazada App doesn't work the same as Lazada on the laptop. 

22 hours ago, connda said:

My eyes are shot - heredity and age.  I use an Android phone only when I absolutely need to.  It looks like this is one such case.

get a basic android tablet, bigger screen and you can zoom in with double taps - then easy to read for such situations 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, connda said:

Lazada Wallet - Is this only available on the Lazada Android App?  It seems to be that way.  I had a refund from a return that went to the Wallet.  I could not access the Lazada Wallet from the browser version of Lazada.  Kept getting a "Page Does Not Exist" error.  I installed their Android app,  and then the Lazada Wallet and the refund were both viewable.
I had to activate the Wallet though.  My wife would not cooperate with verifying the account (bad people were going to scam her and take all her money). Yeah, whatever. I'm willing to trust online retailers enough to get my refunded money back to use in future transaction.   Luckily I could change the account details to myself and I was able to activate the Wallet as a foreigner.  However, I still can't access the Lazada Wallet though the browser-based Lazada site.  Is this a feature? 
If so it looks like I'll need to use the web browser to at least get items I want to buy into the online basket (I simply can not use an Android phone to browser a website, I hate these phone with a passion), but once in the basket it looks like I'll need to use the phone to checkout and access the funds in the Lazada Wallet.  I'd prefer to do it in the web browser.  Anyone else have the same issues?

The wallet used to be functional on the browser but then they discontinued being able to fund the wallet. It could only be used to get refunds and you couldn't spend the refunds, only option was to withdraw to your account. Sometime later it just disappeared.

I only had one baht in the wallet when that happened. For some reason I could never withdraw that baht as it was not part of a refund. I don't know what happened if you had funds in the wallet, I can't remember any warnings it was going to shut down, but then the app is available

I am with you apps are a nightmare and prefer a browser, not really a problem as I only do cash on delivery.

23 hours ago, connda said:

Something that may be worth considering is an android emulator for windows such as Bluestacks.  You could then run the app on your pc with the associated benefits.

PS seen you resolved issue and thanks for that, may be useful at some point.

Edited by sandyf

6 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Something that may be worth considering is an android emulator for windows such as Bluestacks.  You could then run the app on your pc with the associated benefits.

Great answer. Bluestacks is so useful, I have even installed the IPTV apk I got for my Firestick, onto it. 

• Thanks 1