Whats sukhumvit like these days?

bignok

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Thanks, I can never keep up with the woke brigade and what innocuous comment will get you cancelled. 

I'm as anti-woke as it gets but look at the last 100 years of history and it's far from clear-cut. Hamas are scum, no doubt, but to pretend the other side has no issues or role to play in the landscape of the ME is wishful thinking.

Appearing to roll the Arab populace of lower Suk in the same vein as Hamas is also casual BS. 

The poster I responded to also said in another post he couldn't give a fook if Gazans were bombed to smithereens pretty much, even if blameless. Right... 

Edited by MarkyM3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Agreed... But you only have to worry about ones who are pushing suitcases that have dismembered body parts inside!  ????

No - it’s the ones with empty suitcases you have to worry about. Let the detectives worry about the full suitcases.

2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

You'd think they'd go to Malaysia or Indonesia, or at least a modest and civilized part of Thailand. 

What on Earth could attract so many Arabs to NANA?!

shawarmas on soi 3/1 image.png.d291b48d3ce74187b5db723897746a71.png

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Nana is an absolute cesspit now; the place is infested with Arabs and Africans.

Most bars can't pour a decent pint and the staff are not worth a tip.

Plenty of beggars hassling you nonstop: the Indian fake Rolex characters, the bargirls wanting ladydrinks, and a variety of other salespeople and homeless.

I guess you just don´t fit in.

• Haha 1

Below Soi 11, tons of African men selling drugs and dildo's past 11 PM. Some huge black hookers too.

Coming from New York City, the opportunity to float among throngs of black drug dealers and hookers with virtually no fear for my safety is sort of a weird pleasure, but not one I need to indulge in often.

I went to African and Middle Eastern disco's near Bumrungrad. Super-friendly. The Grace Hotel bowling alley is always good for a laugh too. 

One time, on Khao San Road on New Year's Eve, an Afro-hooker, reached down the back of my elasticized pants and touched my winkle.

I told her, "you should be in commission sales, you have the drive and the people skills".

1 minute ago, Prubangboy said:

Below Soi 11, tons of African men selling drugs and dildo's past 11 PM. Some huge black hookers too.

Coming from New York City, the opportunity to float among throngs of black drug dealers and hookers with virtually no fear for my safety is sort of a weird pleasure, but not one I need to indulge in often.

I went to African and Middle Eastern disco's near Bumrungrad. Super-friendly. The Grace Hotel bowling alley is always good for a laugh too. 

One time, on Khao San Road on New Year's Eve, an Afro-hooker, reached down the back of my elasticized pants and touched my winkle.

I told her, "you should be in commission sales, you have the drive and the people skills".

So how many dildos did you buy?

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, KhunLA said:

shawarmas on soi 3/1 image.png.d291b48d3ce74187b5db723897746a71.png

That little maze of ME restaurants was really decimated by Covid. My favorite babaganoush purveyor is gone. I stayed there a couple of times for an ethnographic experience.

Verdict: No cheaper rooms than a couple of soi's north, not too white-friendly, prob the cheapest laundry drop off in Bangkok, and the sandalwood incense was 80% off of New York prices (if you like incense).

14 hours ago, bignok said:

Nana

Cowboy

Asoke

Thonglor

Grim......streets are busy yet the bars, shops and restaurants are relatively empty.

Lot of drug dealers, beggars and hookers of every type plying their trade on the street.

Gangs of Indian males, lots of Chinese/Japanese/Arab couples and families......the type that walk about, don't go into bars and buy food to eat in their hotel room.

Gone are the days of young looking, attractive bar girls, anxious to please. Some bars, the average bar girl must be well into their 40's and 50's.....and look it.

Edited by Will B Good

Just now, Will B Good said:

Grim......streets are busy yet the bars, shops and restaurants are relatively empty.

Lot of drug dealers, beggars and hookers of every type plying their trade on the street.

Gangs of Indian males, lots of Chinese/Japanese couples and families......the type that walk about, don't go into bars and buy food to eat in their hotel room.

Gone are the days of young looking, attractive bar girls, anxious to please. Some bars, the average bar girl must be well into their 40's and 50's.....and look it.

Oh well Nong Khai and Nan it is. Live the quiet life.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Nana is an absolute cesspit now; the place is infested with Arabs and Africans.

Most bars can't pour a decent pint and the staff are not worth a tip.

Plenty of beggars hassling you nonstop: the Indian fake Rolex characters, the bargirls wanting ladydrinks, and a variety of other salespeople and homeless.

It is a 3rd world sh*thole now. Better renamed as Shoukhumvit.

To add to  your list: always 5 Bangladeshis in front of you, whether 7-11* or buying fruit or just walking on the pavement, whatever.

Chinese wheelie luggage pushers blocking the pavements.

* holding up the que every time with their: "my friend told them there is a special deal available" - staff: "no, it's just large or small, that's it".

I was staying down on Soi 11 a month ago. I stayed at the super-bargain Swiss Park, ate next door at Yuna Sushi, among the most 5* sushi restaurants in BKK, but at 3* prices. Yuna, a former Japanese film actor was genial and instructive as always. A meal at the counter with him is like going to sushi college.

The next day, I popped over to Charcoal, the most innovative Indian place in town. Mark Weins has a good video where he orders a manhole cover-sized nan there.  In between, I went to the Sports Bar on Soi 13, one of the best pubs in town, and they'll let you order in a curry from the famous place next door.

My wife stocked up on vapes, I bought a 3D pic of dogs playing poker for the bathroom. There's not a soi downtown that doesn't have a similar range of pleasures.

Don't see any "gangs" of Indians (could you be more racist?). Do see a lot of Euro-couples. It's the equivalent of staying in Times Square in New York.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I was staying down on Soi 11 a month ago. I stayed at the super-bargain Swiss Park, ate next door at Yuna Sushi, among the most 5* sushi restaurants in BKK, but at 3* prices. Yuna, a former Japanese film actor was genial and instructive as always. A meal at the counter with him is like going to sushi college.

The next day, I popped over to Charcoal, the most innovative Indian place in town. Mark Weins has a good video where he orders a manhole cover-sized nan there.  In between, I went to the Sports Bar on Soi 13, one of the best pubs in town, and they'll let you order in a curry from the famous place next door.

My wife stocked up on vapes, I bought a 3D pic of dogs playing poker for the bathroom. There's not a soi downtown that doesn't have a similar range of pleasures.

Don't see any "gangs" of Indians (could you be more racist?). Do see a lot of Euro-couples. It's the equivalent of staying in Times Square in New York.

You must have taken a hotel car with darkened windows to get between places. I suppose if you did that it might seem like your description.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mokwit said:

You must have taken a hotel car with darkened windows to get between places. I suppose if you did that it might seem like your description.

They saw it, just don't admit it. Think that by ignoring things it's not there. Or, think that since it's not bad for everyone (like somebody from a slum) that it's not "really bad" or unsightly.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

They saw it, just don't admit it. Think that by ignoring things it's not there. Or, think that since it's not bad for everyone (like somebody from a slum) that it's not "really bad" or unsightly.

He joined AN as recently as Oct 6. Go figure. It probably comes across as a PR piece for a reason.

PR that comes across as PR is very poor PR.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

Awesome

Maybe someone can open a whine bar on bangkok sukhumvit as well as pattaya for all the people who just love to WHINE about any and all who don't meet their high standards.

It would obviously do a booming biz with a lot of people on this forum.

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Sukhumvit chaiyapruek was a foot deep in water this morning

Been like that for years big hole heading south in from of the Texas Chicken. Now they got the road closed repaving when the road was perfect paved just paved a few  years ago.  The Muni are a word of art or more the corruption. 

Edited by thailand49

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Maybe someone can open a whine bar on bangkok sukhumvit as well as pattaya for all the people who just love to WHINE about any and all who don't meet their high standards.

It would obviously do a booming biz with a lot of people on this forum.

Whine bar franchise in Phuket, Samui, Bangkok and Pattaya.

17 hours ago, MarkyM3 said:

I'm as anti-woke as it gets but look at the last 100 years of history and it's far from clear-cut. Hamas are scum, no doubt, but to pretend the other side has no issues or role to play in the landscape of the ME is wishful thinking.

Appearing to roll the Arab populace of lower Suk in the same vein as Hamas is also casual BS. 

The poster I responded to also said in another post he couldn't give a fook if Gazans were bombed to smithereens pretty much, even if blameless. Right... 

Just jokes, just words

Nothing like killing people!