Thailand Advances in Government Digitalization

snoop1130

2f7942de20da32741907fadb62269128_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government is accelerating its efforts to streamline public services through electronic systems.

Puangpet Chunlaiad, a minister attached to the Office of the Prime Minister, recently convened a meeting with the Administrative Committee of the Senate. The objective was to discuss collaborations for implementing electronic public services at the local level.

The committee also reviewed the roles and responsibilities of the Digital Government Development Agency (Public Organization) -- DGA. A Memorandum of Understanding between related agencies was signed, aiming at providing modern, convenient, and quick public services. As a result, the DGA has developed a comprehensive service application called "Thangrath" to reduce public travel and documentation expenses.

Furthermore, the committee recommended strategies for continuous progress in digital governance. This is especially important in times of government transition to ensure uninterrupted service delivery. The committee proposed the development of a "Super App" to centralize various services, responding to real public needs.

In her remarks, Minister Puangpet thanked the committee for their guidelines to improve the administrative system. She pledged support for these initiatives, emphasizing the ultimate goal of benefitting the public by reducing red tape and costs. The aim is to align governance with public services, keeping the citizens’ best interests in mind.

By Na-ark Rojanasuvan

Full story: NNT 2023-10-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

digital governance

No need to read past this phrase. 

This is what will drive me out of this country sooner, rather than later, which is a shame because I've still got plenty of years left in the honeymoon phase.

Will Thailand become the world's first digital gulag?  The majority of the populace is unsophisticated and poor enough to accept anything foisted upon them.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government is accelerating its efforts to streamline public services through electronic systems.

Judging by the mountain of paperwork dual copies supplied to immigration for my annual marriage visa extension it hasn't reached them yet.

The paperwork mountain in their office was truly amazing

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Start with a good registrationsystem first of who is living where instead of the outdated family blue books...

Don't the Amphurs already have that info on their central computer system. You need the blue book to register someone new living in your property.

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Judging by the mountain of paperwork dual copies supplied to immigration for my annual marriage visa extension it hasn't reached them yet.

Thailand 0.04 for me it requires 61 signatures. pathetic they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Looking at all the new huge buildings being constructed around the CW complex I wonder if some of them are not being built to house all the paperwork.

Edited by freeworld
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Ha ha, my last marriage extension required 3 different people to shuffle and check the paperwork submitted.

Only 3, mine is 4 minimum, their 'helper' who sticks my 12 photos on A4s, the 2 lady officers, Mr. grumpy who interrogates my wife and the witness we must take along, not to mention the home visit officers, where I must yet again sign their paperwork.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Only 3, mine is 4 minimum, their 'helper' who sticks my 12 photos on A4s, the 2 lady officers, Mr. grumpy who interrogates my wife and the witness we must take along, not to mention the home visit officers, where I must yet again sign their paperwork.

Home is a three hour round trip........... so never had suffered from a visit.

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I'm on KC they come on the ferry for a jolly, only one person i know does not get a visit, 'coz that would mean a trek along a beach for them. :giggle:

Haha......middle of nowhere.....rice fields as far as the eye can see......so not a jolly for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, freeworld said:

Looking at all the new huge buildings being constructed around the CW complex I wonder if some of them are not being built to house all the paperwork.

Nakhon Pathom have built a new immigration office, in an area designed to eventually house all the major government complexes, labour, transport etc etc

The IO has been open for just coming up to a year..

Manned usually by only 4 officers at the main desk with a reception girl to initially check paperwork.

Behind the 4 officers is a mountain of paperwork, from the floor to a height of a standing person, at least 4 metres wide.... like the old Berlin wall.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

No need to read past this phrase. 

This is what will drive me out of this country sooner, rather than later, which is a shame because I've still got plenty of years left in the honeymoon phase.

Will Thailand become the world's first digital gulag?  The majority of the populace is unsophisticated and poor enough to accept anything foisted upon them.  

Thailand just paying lip-service to the Globalists they sold out to, imo.

Actual implementation of anything here is another story.

• Thanks 1