Bangkok Bank app PITA setup when using a new phone

On 1/11/2024 at 1:38 PM, ianguygil said:

To enhance transaction security and application efficiency as well as support new features, upcoming Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking versions will only be supported on iOS version 13.0 & above and Android version 7.0 & above from September 21, 2023 onwards.

Updated information, no clue if it is still accurate...

1. What devices are compatible with Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking?

To enhance transaction security and application efficiency as well as support new features, upcoming Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking versions will only be supported on iOS version 13.0 & above and Android version 8.0 & above from March 21, 2024 onwards.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-mBanking

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-mBanking/FAQ?utm_source=website&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=revamp-mb-lp-faqs-en

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Updated information, no clue if it is still accurate...

1. What devices are compatible with Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking?

To enhance transaction security and application efficiency as well as support new features, upcoming Bangkok Bank Mobile Banking versions will only be supported on iOS version 13.0 & above and Android version 8.0 & above from March 21, 2024 onwards.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-mBanking

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Digital-Banking/Bualuang-mBanking/FAQ?utm_source=website&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=revamp-mb-lp-faqs-en

Bangkok bank Only allow you to use 1 device for mobile banking, maybe SCB allows more than 1, I don't know as I don't work with SCB, what I know is that Bangkok bank needs to remove your old device EID number from their service, after that they will activate the new device with new EID number.... but you can keep listening to some BS from somebody pretending to know or do as I did and go to the branch to complete the set-up, up to you

there was a forum about that here ....   Bangkok Bank app PITA setup when using a new phone

Edited by Mavideol

On 6/8/2024 at 12:48 PM, Mavideol said:

Bangkok bank Only allow you to use 1 device for mobile banking, maybe SCB allows more than 1, I don't know as I don't work with SCB, what I know is that Bangkok bank needs to remove your old device EID number from their service, after that they will activate the new device with new EID number.... but you can keep listening to some BS from somebody pretending to know or do as I did and go to the branch to complete the set-up, up to you

there was a forum about that here ....   Bangkok Bank app PITA setup when using a new phone

We are complying with a central bank requirement (BOT) to restrict it to 1 device. Before this ruling we allowed up to 5. I can't speak for SCB. 

Edited by ianguygil
  • Thumbs Up 1

I sorted out enabling my new phone with the Bangkok Bank mobile app.

I went to my branch and there the rep. pulled up my record. She had to add a head-shot (from her PC-attached camera) to my record. After that I could get past the initial Get Started screen (Passport + DoB). Then requested an SMS OTP, added a recorded headhsot (using my phone's camera), turn left, turn right, blink three times. Set up a PIN. Bingo all done.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

I went to my branch and there the rep. pulled up my record. She had to add a head-shot (from her PC-attached camera) to my record. After that I could get past the initial Get Started screen (Passport + DoB). Then requested an SMS OTP, added a recorded headhsot (using my phone's camera), turn left, turn right, blink three times. Set up a PIN. Bingo all done.

Agree it's painless.

Edited by The Fugitive

23 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

didn't I told you that a couple of times, never a thank you, don't expect too much help

On 6/11/2024 at 3:34 PM, ianguygil said:

We are complying with a central bank requirement (BOT) to restrict it to 1 device. Before this ruling we allowed up to 5. I can't speak for SCB. 

I didn't complain about it, was simply explaining the process

It is all very difficult, I had SCB App on my old phone Android 7 no problems,  New phone Android 11 could not get it to work at all + a young guy in the Village tried for me still will not work, so took it into SCB Bank they tried and tried for over 1 hour still will not work..........  They had to delete  the Appm off my old phone so they could install on new phone  !!

So 18 month later still cannot use, Another Branch of SCB also tried but totally failed, they even tried to put it back on my old phone also will not work..  Before going in to SCB Branch and them deleting it off the off phone used my old phone just to pay the bill via App...

big problem and right pain, as always paid AIS + water + Electric bills via the SCB App every month,  now often late paying + having to pay late fee/ charges,  do not get out much these days. [no idea how to use at ATM for paying anything + nearest ATM is to far for me to walk]

• Sad 1

On 6/12/2024 at 1:59 PM, The Fugitive said:

Agree it's painless.

I wouldn't call having to go to the branch just to switch phones "painless". It's a hassle at best, and outright impossible if you're forced to replace your phone while being abroad.

It used to be painless, when you simply had to enter your information on your new phone and they sent you an OTP to confirm.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I wouldn't call having to go to the branch just to switch phones "painless". It's a hassle at best, and outright impossible if you're forced to replace your phone while being abroad.

It used to be painless, when you simply had to enter your information on your new phone and they sent you an OTP to confirm.

Agree. It depends how mobile you are and how far out of your way you have to go to your bank branch. I can understand the security concerns now that we are limited to installing their app upon one device only. Changing that device could indicate a potential security issue and that's why they want to see us in person.