Is Naklua Fish Market normally so busy?

giddyup

Hadn't been for a few years but the missus had a hankering for some fresh fish, dried squid etc, but when we drove in it was impossible to find a park, either inside or out on the road, plus the place was overrun with Chinese. Is it normally like this or is Friday a bad day to go?

And yes - the market is usually busy. I've gone a number of times around 6am and it was already getting busy and half the vendors hadn't even set their stalls up yet.

I generally wear flip flops and roll my pant legs up when I go there. Unless you want to smell like fish and attract cats for a week (until the smell on your shoes fades).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2023 at 5:33 AM, Kerryd said:

And yes - the market is usually busy. I've gone a number of times around 6am and it was already getting busy and half the vendors hadn't even set their stalls up yet.

I generally wear flip flops and roll my pant legs up when I go there. Unless you want to smell like fish and attract cats for a week (until the smell on your shoes fades).

Well, I suppose if you have smelly feet anyway it doesn't matter.

23 hours ago, giddyup said:

I thought the long weekend was Sat, Sun, Mon?

You are correct it is, however many Thai's also take the Friday before the weekend making it a 4 day holiday. I take your point though as technically you are correct.

• Thumbs Up 1

The family & I drove our car there about 2 weeks ago in the early afternoon, not busy at all, we parked in the back, walked around (no big crowds), ate squid/shrimp & a few other dishes. My wife said it's always busy in the morning, so as a family with the car we avoid that time, but she's been known to take the motorbike herself and buy fresh seafood and come back and cook at home.

• Thumbs Up 1