The Gaza diplomacy of Biden, Sunak and co seems to be heading for failure

Social Media

39 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

After a month of unrelenting bombing and over 10,000 dead Gazans, seems the tide is turning in Europe. Even Macron is now saying that Palestinian lives are worth as much as anyone else's.

Is it possible that world pressure will give the Palestinians a real homeland free from israeli occupation? I for one hope so.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/09/emmanuel-macron-rejects-israeli-plan-for-safe-zones-in-southern-gaza

The French president, Emmanuel Macron, has rejected Israeli plans to push civilians into safe zones in the south of Gaza and said the world must pursue a humanitarian ceasefire as the only way to save lives in the territory. He was opening a hastily assembled humanitarian conference in Paris attended by politicians, NGOs and leaders of the UN humanitarian movement.

Yes, I think it is clear to everyone that you are hoping for the eradication of Israel. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just seen on Al Jazeera, demonstrators in Rochester, UK, are blockading a weapons manufacturer to demand an end of weapons for israel.

As long as kids keep getting blown up in Gaza, the outrage is only going to get bigger, till the politicians are forced to actually do something about a ceasefire.

Can't happen soon enough.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just seen on Al Jazeera, demonstrators in Rochester, UK, are blockading a weapons manufacturer to demand an end of weapons for israel.

As long as kids keep getting blown up in Gaza, the outrage is only going to get bigger, till the politicians are forced to actually do something about a ceasefire.

The protestors are breaking the law and should be arrested. If they are not legal UK citizens, they should be deported. 

• Haha 1

That was just one day of protest and they were all gone home by 2 PM 

• Thanks 1

It started raining so they went home drenched...lol

image.png.a536733ac20b972627f35bfaf3caa7f1.png

• Thanks 1

For some reason @thaibeachlovers doesn't do links. IMO, mostly when what's reported is not quite what he makes it to be.

Pro-Palestinian protesters block entrances to UK's BAE defence plant

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/pro-palestinian-protesters-block-entrances-uks-bae-defence-plant-2023-11-10/

This report suggests a very modest sized protest, by Pro-Palestinian activists. It didn't last long. It also mentions that the plant does not directly provide Israel with arms, but does participate in the international production chain of F-35 aircraft, which Israel uses. I don't think that the parts from the UK are sent directly to Israel, or that the plant got much say in which aircraft they eventually go.

Israel-Gaza: Union members block arms factory in protest over conflict

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-67378052

In this report, the protest seems larger, but still not very large. The main difference is the the characterization of protestors as 'union members'. If one reads the article, the unions in question have nothing to do with the plant, or indeed, much to do with industry at large. The details about what the plant actually produces remain the same.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Nothing wrong with peaceful protesting, but I was responding to a claim that there was a blockade. Is blockading a business not illegal?

I don't know. If they got a permit, it probably is.

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Were they? Breaking the law?

Can you get a permit to blockade a business? 

In any evert, I'll rephrase. 

If the protestors are breaking the law, they should be arrested. If they are not legal UK citizens, they should be deported. 

We good? 

36 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Can you get a permit to blockade a business? 

In any evert, I'll rephrase. 

If the protestors are breaking the law, they should be arrested. If they are not legal UK citizens, they should be deported. 

We good? 

I think you can, temporarily at least. But I don't know about UK law - hence the question.

It was more in the spirit of understanding whether they were indeed breaking the law and police not doing anything about it.

My guess looking at the pics of the crowd is that (a) less hardcore and (b) out of their element - so not much trouble on offer.

• 2 months later...

This thread seems to have gone quiet, so not quite sure if my post is okay or should be moved elsewhere, but all the same here goes........ 

The BBC News every night shows events in Israel and Gaza, so no one is short of information if they want it and there are many on here who call for Israel to cease what they are doing and American and UK politicians (and others) seem to think that a "two state solution" will work and wonder why this suggestion hasn't been adopted by Israel?

My question would be, "why should they live next to a race of people who are governed by, and who have been infiltrated by terrorists, intent on destroying Israel"? And besides this, Israel has offered a way out of this conflict by suggesting that Hamas returns the hostages, and Israel will release its prisoners, and if Hamas lays down its arms, then the war, such as it is, will cease. 

Seems like a simple solution, so why won't Hamas accept it? The answer could well be in the fact that as they are a terrorist organisation, they need the weapons to be able to carry out their avowed intent with regards to destroying Israel and the Jews.

So there is a solution, but Hamas won't accept it, and this being the case this conflict will go on and Hamas will reap what they have sown.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, xylophone said:

This thread seems to have gone quiet, so not quite sure if my post is okay or should be moved elsewhere, but all the same here goes........ 

The BBC News every night shows events in Israel and Gaza, so no one is short of information if they want it and there are many on here who call for Israel to cease what they are doing and American and UK politicians (and others) seem to think that a "two state solution" will work and wonder why this suggestion hasn't been adopted by Israel?

My question would be, "why should they live next to a race of people who are governed by, and who have been infiltrated by terrorists, intent on destroying Israel"? And besides this, Israel has offered a way out of this conflict by suggesting that Hamas returns the hostages, and Israel will release its prisoners, and if Hamas lays down its arms, then the war, such as it is, will cease. 

Seems like a simple solution, so why won't Hamas accept it? The answer could well be in the fact that as they are a terrorist organisation, they need the weapons to be able to carry out their avowed intent with regards to destroying Israel and the Jews.

So there is a solution, but Hamas won't accept it, and this being the case this conflict will go on and Hamas will reap what they have sown.

One can't always choose one's neighbors. True for countries as well. Peace agreements are also something which traditionally one signs with enemies.

The Palestinians are not governed by Hamas. The Gaza Strip is/was. The West Bank is ruled by the PA, and their policies are different.

I'm not sure which Israeli offer you are referring to, or if it's even a reference to an official offer. Was there any commitment from Israel to release all Palestinians held in custody? Was there anything said about Hamas leaders and those who participated in the 7/10 attack walking without punishment?

Hamas does not accept such offers because they do not assure it's survival. It will probably be out in English in a bit - but they released a rather lengthy nonsense manifesto about the 'reasons' for the war, their take on their actions and other yada yada. Seems like they are playing for the home crowd, starting to do some political damage control. Also, there are more reports coming in about rifts between the Hamas leadership in the Gaza Strip and their colleagues in the Gulf - this surely plays it's part as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:29 PM, xylophone said:

My question would be, "why should the Palestinians live next to a race of people who are  intent on stealing all their land"? And besides this, if the war, such as it is, will cease, it will just be back to israeli oppression, collective punishment, and continuing land theft. 

Seems like a simple solution, so why won't Hamas accept it? The answer could well be in the fact that they don't trust the israelis to uphold their side of any agreement.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/22/2024 at 6:29 PM, xylophone said:

So there is a solution, but Israel won't accept it, and this being the case this conflict will go on and Israel will reap what they have sown.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So there is a solution, but Israel won't accept it, and this being the case this conflict will go on and Israel will reap what they have sown.

There has always been a solution, but neither side wanted it, neither side wants it now, especially Hamas, you will also find they are the ones reaping what they sowed. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If only Irael (the little Satan) would agree to be eradicated we would have peace in the Middle East, and we could direct our focus to the big Satan. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My question would be, "why should the Palestinians live next to a race of people who are  intent on stealing all their land"? And besides this, if the war, such as it is, will cease, it will just be back to israeli oppression, collective punishment, and continuing land theft. 

Seems like a simple solution, so why won't Hamas accept it? The answer could well be in the fact that they don't trust the israelis to uphold their side of any agreement.

@thaibeachlovers

My question would be if you're just posting things to bait and troll or actually got a point to make? Israel withdrew from the Gaza Strip long ago. Israeli prime ministers, in the past, offered solutions which would have involved pull out from much of the West Bank as well. These were either rejected or left out in the cold.

In the context of this war, it is Hamas who broke agreements, not Israel.

And you still need to come to terms with what the Hamas agenda is, you seem clueless.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

@thaibeachlovers

The last bit is telling.

For all your crocodile tears and whines about Palestinian casualties (which is nothing but 'reap what you sow') - you focus is about the 'price' Israel will pay. For you this bit is worth sacrificing Palestinian lives - not like you're paying the price, and of course their death make wonderful propaganda stuff for your posts. 

Disgusting.

• Thanks 2