Attempting to "boil it down". An essay.

swissie

15 hours ago, swissie said:

In the mean time, every "western" country has some kind of "safety-net" for senior citizens (yes, even the USA).
b) No exotic country known, that offers (free or low cost) access for Western Seniors to any national Social Security Safety Net, just by taking residence there.

I hope to collect SS from my home country and spend it in Thailand.

What I really feel sorry for are the people who come to Thailand at an early age that never earn enough in America to eventually collect SS.  They're the ones who may find themselves between a rock and a hard place in the future. 😁

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

There seems to be a lot of concern and speculation about the financial security of "Western" expats here lately. Might I suggest that in the interest of your deep concern and thirst for social-economic knowledge, you fabulously rich and highly concerned folks pool your vast resources and take over some of the multitude of failed and dilapidated condo projects, fix/finish them to your standards and offer them to those who fit your description of "downtrodden" at a reasonable 25%, all inclusive rent. (25% of their meager retirement income)

This would give you a bevy of "test subjects" for your social-economic study to satisfy your near insatiable thirst for knowledge of other peoples' lives and give you something structured and concrete to do with your time. Who knows, you might even turn a profit. :wai:

Edited by mrwebb8825
  • Love It 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2023 at 1:10 PM, Prubangboy said:

I read here a million times that it was now 20K a month for a rentagirlfriend.

Except for Britmantoo who got in early and only pays 10K. Sort like a rent control deal.

I'll go for the 20K a month as it makes me get off lightly when I didn't pay her to be my GF/ wife, and she/ her family only managed to steal 110,000 from me. At that rate, the 60,000 they "borrowed" from me for the old crone's incineration ( the MIL ) was only 3 months girl rent.

BTW, is it calculated at how many times a month one gets it, and if one doesn't get it is it reduced?

On 10/23/2023 at 10:10 AM, Prubangboy said:

Except for Britmantoo who got in early and only pays 10K. Sort like a rent control deal.

Depends if gold digger I suppose. I wouldnt pay 20k a month.

Women everywhere. Easy to be fussy. Ive never had a women ask me for a monthly figure. These women asking 20k or 30k or whatever must be bargirls.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:10 AM, Prubangboy said:

Britman paid her college fees.

• 8 months later...

The discussion on financial security for Western expats and the challenges of relocating to exotic countries really brings to light some important considerations. Balancing lifestyle changes with financial stability is crucial. If you’re exploring new opportunities or simply looking for an engaging and rewarding experience, the 1win Token crypto game offers exciting bonuses specifically tailored for users in Indonesia. It’s a great way to dive into the world of crypto while enjoying some fun!

On 10/23/2023 at 12:33 AM, swissie said:

Especially as the price for a stable female companionship has increased to 15 K per month in Thailand.

Want to lead with that next time, so I don't waste my time reading the 'pre amble' to yet another P4P thread.

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Want to lead with that next time, so I don't waste my time reading the 'pre amble' to yet another P4P thread.

were you forced to open a thread started 10 months ago ?

• Agree 1

I'm so glad that one of the few decent financial decisions that I made in my life was to continue to pay into the UK social security system during my 22+ years in south-east Asia, thus ensuring that I start to receive a modest (albeit frozen) state pension next year that is sufficient for me needs.

Another decent financial decision was investing in a very life-like sex doll...... 🙂

Just now, simon43 said:

I'm so glad that one of the few decent financial decisions that I made in my life was to continue to pay into the UK social security system during my 22+ years in south-east Asia, thus ensuring that I start to receive a modest (albeit frozen) state pension next year that is sufficient for me needs.

Another decent financial decision was investing in a very life-like sex doll...... 🙂

She still in one piece ?.

I read on TD that she see's that much action her head seperated.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

were you forced to open a thread started 10 months ago ?

Didn't notice that, as saw the last comment, and thought might be an interesting thread, so read the OP ... oops

note to self ... check the freaking dates next time

Edited by KhunLA

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2023 at 12:33 AM, swissie said:

I started to wonder if one could distill all this information into one thread.

To distill information like that, I've been experimenting with using AI.

However for forums, it is very difficult at this stage in AI development.

But I expect within 5-10 years, every forum (like this one) will have an AI chat bot in operation.

Edited by Old Curmudgeon