Charter amendment: Thailand’s Move Forward Party seeks controversial rewrite

webfact

16 hours ago, webfact said:

The Move Forward Party (MFP), Thailand’s principal opposition, is determined to push for a renewed charter amendment through a motion in Parliament on Wednesday. The motion, which is the first item on the debate agenda and is supported by the MFP and its spokesperson, Parit Wacharasindhu, has sparked concern among lawmakers due to the potential broad changes it could bring about.

I bet it has... 

19 hours ago, madmitch said:

They could of course wait until May  next year when the senate members' tenure officially ends. But I'm sure this unelected pro-military/monarchy body will somehow find a way to extend their time milking the system.

That is almost guaranteed, although they will probably be re-branded and re-imagined some time before their use by date.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, madmitch said:

They could of course wait until May  next year when the senate members' tenure officially ends. But I'm sure this unelected pro-military/monarchy body will somehow find a way to extend their time milking the system.

Yeah, there is no way that the military and Elilte will give up their power.  The other question, though is can the Mickey Mouse Club stay in power that long?

The sneaky thing to do would be after negotiations put forward and agree to something that the PT could not refuse without Thaksin committing political suicide.

Then see how long the club stays in power.

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Like 1