Five of the world’s top 100 beaches in Thailand, four accessible from Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

For those too lazy:

... Koh Kradan (Trang island)

... Railay Beach (Krabi (a surprise-pollution?)

... Freedom Beach (Phuket)

... Laem Had Beach (Koh Yao Yai, Phang-nga)

... Ao Tanote Bay (Ko Tao, Surat Thani (another surprise)

Haven't been to any of them.

Number 6 Mae Rampung beach Rayong. 

20 minutes ago, Colabamumbai said:

Number 6 Mae Rampung beach Rayong. 

Actually been at that one, and OK.  Preferred Wang Kaew ? area better, a bit further east.

Could contain:

Edited by KhunLA

13 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm… give the Thais 10 more years to ruin them i suspect. Pattaya is a classic example

Nah, they're safe, except Railay , as have to make a bit of an effort to get to them, that most tourist won't do, and why I haven't visited 4 of them.  No desire to visit Railay, too touristy, and have seen Freedom, but a bit of hassle to get to.

Outer islands, I avoided with wee one (snakes & access to antivenom), and now with the dog, as probably not allowed on small ferries.   Don't like the idea of leaving me car anywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

you don’t have to go to far off the beaten track to still find a pristine gem and the island of Koh Kradan is home to just such a beach.This stunning stretch of powdery white sand remain a relative haven despite being only a few kilometres off the mainland.”

But once the track is made and the masses come it will soon be destroyed Thai style.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

For those too lazy:

... Koh Kradan (Trang island)

... Railay Beach (Krabi (a surprise-pollution?)

... Freedom Beach (Phuket)

... Laem Had Beach (Koh Yao Yai, Phang-nga)

... Ao Tanote Bay (Ko Tao, Surat Thani (another surprise)

Haven't been to any of them.

Kradan is good

Railay full of boats

3 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm… give the Thais 10 more years to ruin them i suspect. Pattaya is a classic example

10 Years !!! ?!?!? you are very optimistic,...just a couple of years will do,....sadly,..

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Iamloki said:

I'm confused... How did the Thai's ruin Pattaya? I thought Pattaya was a farang enclave.

First visit to Pattaya in 1977 and again in '78. Beach was wider then but cr@p gritty sand. No tourists then, not even Thai. Mass unrestricted tourism has ruined the place.

Have lived happily on the Darkside for 15 years but use Hat Nam Ram in Sattahip for beach outings.

Edited by Tonsan
  • Thumbs Up 1

Freedom Beach is one of the most beautiful with a 300m crescent of soft white sand and clear blue water backed by lush green mountains. Located on the west coast of Phuket, you can reach this private beach by longtail boat from Patong which lies just to the south. You can also take a strenuous hike down the cliffs path from the beach parking lot at the top of Patong Hill.”

There are no private beaches. They are public property. And with Freedom Beach you also get to interact with some nice people trying to charge you for the access or else... What a world class beach!

On 10/24/2023 at 8:05 AM, hotchilli said:

But once the track is made and the masses come it will soon be destroyed Thai style.

Hm,..Don't worry,...there are plenty more gorgeous beaches in Thailand for the adventurous ones that like it,...I know at least dozens of them. Some are not far from touristic places but need some transport to get there. Luckily, most tourists go to the closest or more famous beaches to there accommodation.

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

Could contain:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1