Hit and run got me, I'm all broken!

BritManToo

52 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I hope you're collarbone is broken on the side opposite your favored hand...

reason yellow... says this is cos sooner or later the hand opposite (actually from elbow down for me) is gonna start hurting like hell. been in a few motorcycle accidents... it never gets old. have a good toke if your lungs allow💪 if not, bake up some brownies

i just fell off a 2 meter pile of bricks today... twisted an ankle and shoulder feels out of whack so i will be joining you in the pain game. cheers bro

Edited by Pouatchee

45 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

@BritManToo ouch ... speedy recovery.  Early harvest should ease the discomfort. 

You and the little lady have any disagreements lately 🤣

That's your reply to a valued member.

A little reading comprehension goes a long way.  Not to mention, compassion.

This sounds past tense to me, though I'm not up on the kings/queen English, maybe us Yanks use the adverb/expression differently.

... "I've ever encountered in the UK" 

At least you didn't ask for a 'link' 🤣

Me thinks it was UK Humour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Because I find it entertaining. 

Why do you (apparently) not want me to comment? 

You comment to pick a fight and then say you don't give a rat's??? wierd....

You can comment on whatever you want, it's worthless anyway sunshine.

• Sad 1

Sorry to hear how banged up you were but good to see you got excellent treatment at the hospital.  I've had similar experiences with hospitals here , always got excellent treatment and agree with how fast the ambulance arrived.

Whenever I am at lights or doing a U turn I am always looking in the rear view mirror for just such an idiot as got you. If I see anything approaching fast I get out of the way in case they haven't seen me. 

TIT .....very poor spacial awareness is too common here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

You comment to pick a fight and then say you don't give a rat's??? wierd....

I commented on what I thought was an a-hole post, and I give a rat's that people make a-hole posts on a thread like this. 

What I don't give a rat's about is what someone making a-hole posts thinks about what I think about their a-hole post. 

Sorry for the confusion.

You can comment on whatever you want...

How kind of you. 

it's worthless anyway sunshine.

I know you are, but what an I? 

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Well done, Thai police, insurance and hospital.

Amazing service all round!

So, your next major task is to get well and be quick about it!

Like Marines, AN members are not permitted to croak without permission!

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Real bummer, Britmantoo. Worst type of MC accident where defensive driving doesn't work. Get well soon, but from experience it won't be so fast, just focus on each day and know someday it will all heal.

Were you knocked unconscious? You said 'the next thing I knew'.  Do you remember the actual collision? When I had mine I was knocked off the bike (lovely little Sportster 1200), landed on my helmet, and woke surrounded by people and an ambulance. Only later I realized I had no memory of the collision. My memory ends about 2 seconds before when I started to adjust for impact. A concussion can cause memory loss that includes a few seconds before the event. Broken tape or something.

More important, I fixed the bike and continued riding. Hope yours is OK as well. Good luck, well, maybe a bit late... 

18 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Good  news just in, wife just got back from a round of Police and hospital form filling visits.

Insurance say fully covered for first 30k of hospital bills, treatment done, and any ongoing visits.

Hospital handed her back the 6k I  paid yesterday then and there.

(They're keeping 300bht for the lung exerciser) 

Well done, Thai police, insurance and hospital.

Amazing service all round!

Good stuff and my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

• Love It 1

Exact same happened to me a few years ago, my face looked like a water melon and nose broken, teeth broken, wearing a full face helmet I normally rarely do. Also in Chiang Mai, the first thing the police did was trying to make me sign papers I was wrong, which I was not. Not to mention ram hospital forgot a broken wrist on x ray.....

Im actually surprised the ambulance ride without a thing for my neck didn't kill me, after the accident itself. Hope you are well soon!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure what you are on about with all the praising for 6000 costs as any bike or vechicle would cover your for 30,000 baht on por lor bor. You would been smarter to go to a decent hospital. Even you drive illegal or drunk this cover applies, so has nothing to do with praising anyone.

The fact this is all we get is actually a sad thing, as it basically says, fk human rights, no money no professionals. Pretty sure you would been in hell of madness now if you had anything more serious, as your bill would jump to hundreds of thousands right away, doing <deleted>ty work.

Police was nice? Yes of course, because it was a hit and run lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

@BritManToo Sorry to hear about your misfortune and pain. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. Thanks for sharing your hospital experiences. 

As for the low-life hit and runner I hope they catch them. Was there CCTV on the intersection?

I'm aware of an unwritten rule of riding/driving in Thailand, beware of stopping for a red stop light as it can be more dangerous than going through it!

48 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I commented on what I thought was an a-hole post, and I give a rat's that people make a-hole posts on a thread like this. 

What I don't give a rat's about is what someone making a-hole posts thinks about what I think about their a-hole post. 

Sorry for the confusion.

How kind of you. 

I know you are, but what an I? 

hahahaha