Hit and run got me, I'm all broken!

BritManToo

24 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It was catalyst for me to finally buy a full face helmet for longer journeys, been putting it off

Of my two bike accidents the one I actually remember was seeing the road going past my nose just outside my full-face Nolan Guardsman and thinking (afterwards) that it could have been my face in contact!!

EDIT That Guardsman was a great lid, inexpensive, white and I had a Hesketh Teddy sticker on the back!

image.png.cbae0ea41f8bf4f5a3396634f585db2d.png 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Crossy said:

Of my two bike accidents the one I actually remember was seeing the road going past my nose just outside my full-face Nolan Guardsman and thinking (afterwards) that it could have been my face in contact!!

My one accident where I did a 10/10 summersault over the bonnet of the car, I can't remember my helmet hitting the ground, no scratches. Wouldn't expect that, but it was 10/10

• Like 1

Wish the OP a fast recovery.

A sad reminder that Thai roads are deadly, despite what many retirees/expats may claim.

It could make sense for cars or bikers with dash cams that take footage from the front and rear of the vehicle, Helps when such criminals hit and run. Bikers often fix them on their helmets and so do the cops in Thailand. It also avoids being racketed by any corrupt Bib on a road block,.

Again, all the best to the OP on his recovery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My one accident where I did a 10/10 summersault over the bonnet of the car, I can't remember my helmet hitting the ground, no scratches. Wouldn't expect that, but it was 10/10

I had a few, only one that was bad, went for a ride and woke up in the hospital. 

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There is always some <deleted> being nasty on this forum. Sad,

Luckily there is the ignore function. He's already on ignore so only way I saw what he said was when you quoted him.

Very true! Anonymity gives some people super powers!

There is always some   many <deleted> being nasty on this forum. Sad,

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I remember slowing for the red light way ahead then a big 'crunch'.

Nothing between then and being helped into the ambulance.

Police a in a 'feeding frenzy' to buy the wreck from me (3 phone calls in the last hour).

They're getting a Honda dealer to evaluate the repair cost (if they catch the guy, he'll be paying).

Told my wife it's her bike and she can sell to whomever she likes and keep the money.

It's a bit too big and heavy for me now, much more comfortable on the Click 160i.

Could contain:

Feeding frenzy....sigh....the smart thing to do here is to tell the RTP parasites that you will ONLY sell the bike after they identify and charge the driver that hit you and provide you with his (or her) details.   No arrest, no sale.

You can then bring a claim for damages against him or have him clipped.  The later path is more rewarding and far cheaper.

Edited by Adumbration
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have the same bike and I have been thinking of selling it.. The old saying (maybe not so old because it mentions airbags..)

"On a bike you are the airbag.."

I've been riding bikes for about 56 years but..

Get well soon..

I’m so shocked and sorry to hear this!  You have a great attitude about it.  Please start driving your truck and forget all forms of bikes going forward. You might not keep being so lucky.  Good job with the helmet 

All my best and hopes that you heal up soon.  Motorcycles mate.  I don't drive mine any more.  Every time I get on it I get this creapy-ass feeling that I don't have enough eyes in my head to stay safe.  I don't know what else to say. 
Best wishes, get well soon.  I'm glad your still sucking air.  Coulda been worse. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Told my wife it's her bike a

Well that is a surprise. Congrats.

When did you get hitched?

From reading your posts I thought you were opposed to the idea.

And being a Brit have you contemplated the GOFUND ME that seems to be so popular with your countrymen and women who have accidents in Thailand? First step is to contact the British tabloids. They will fluff it up nicely.

Get well soon, you are in for a couple of months of pain.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bob smith said:

get better soon matey!

did they arrest the driver who hit you?

They would if they knew who he was.

today my misses is off to the police with a Honda dealer to value the bike and get the repair costs.

Then she'll decide whether to repair and sell, or to accept a police bid on the wreck.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

They would if they knew who he was.

today my misses is off to the police with a Honda dealer to value the bike and get the repair costs.

Then she'll decide whether to repair and sell, or to accept a police bid on the wreck.

best of luck mate,

and be thankful that your are still here!!