Hit and run got me, I'm all broken!

BritManToo

Sorry to read of this news Brit... I hope you make a speedy recovery. 

Props to the full face helmet and your commenting that it is likely this which saved you - it certainly gives me thought to wear my full face helmet more often, even when nipping out. 

Any further info on the 'hit-n-runner' ??? (Scum of the Earth).

One 'shutting the barn door' comment - Dash-cams for Bikes...  I have the Innov K2 dashcam on my bike; forward and rear facing,  covers most but not all angles, is always on and recordeds to a micro-SD under the seat.

Obviously it wont protect from accidents - but it will help find the hit and runner in events such as this and even go as far as highlighting fault in contested situations. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Good  news just in, wife just got back from a round of Police and hospital form filling visits.

Insurance say fully covered for first 30k of hospital bills, treatment done, and any ongoing visits.

Hospital handed her back the 6k I  paid yesterday then and there.

(They're keeping 300bht for the lung exerciser) 

Well done, Thai police, insurance and hospital.

Amazing service all round!

See good Thais

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sideswiped, and taken out from behind, two of the more common causes of fatalities while riding motorcycles.  The tragic loss of the late, lamented KMcV in CM a prime example. I confess I stare at my rear view mirror when waiting at traffic lights. Too many clowns texting while driving. 

All the best with your recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Get well soon. BTW if you'd done the online 90 day reporting as I and others keep banging on about you wouldn't of had the accident 🤔

Refused online 90 day 3x in the past 10 days because I have no extension expiry date while 'under consideration'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, rabas said:

When I had mine I was knocked off the bike (lovely little Sportster 1200), landed on my helmet, and woke surrounded by people and an ambulance. Only later I realized I had no memory of the collision. My memory ends about 2 seconds before when I started to adjust for impact. A concussion can cause memory loss that includes a few seconds before the event. Broken tape or something.

Similar to my experience. I was sent about 10 meters and helmet smashed, but it saved my life.

No memory of the collision.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PJ71 said:

You comment to pick a fight and then say you don't give a rat's??? wierd....

You can comment on whatever you want, it's worthless anyway sunshine.

There is always some <deleted> being nasty on this forum. Sad,

Luckily there is the ignore function. He's already on ignore so only way I saw what he said was when you quoted him.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I remember slowing for the red light way ahead then a big 'crunch'.

Nothing between then and being helped into the ambulance.

Police a in a 'feeding frenzy' to buy the wreck from me (3 phone calls in the last hour).

They're getting a Honda dealer to evaluate the repair cost (if they catch the guy, he'll be paying).

Told my wife it's her bike and she can sell to whomever she likes and keep the money.

It's a bit too big and heavy for me now, much more comfortable on the Click 160i.

Could contain:

Thai driver be playing with phone like an idiot

• Like 2
  • Confused 1