Hit and run got me, I'm all broken!

BritManToo

On 10/24/2023 at 10:21 AM, BritManToo said:

Police, hospital, Government insurance, wife all liaising to recover hospital expenses (6,350bht).

2 nights in a hospital for just 6,350 baht??? Why so cheap? What hospital was that?

Edited by JoseThailand

Condolences about your accident BritManToo.  Hope you get well soon and can keep your spirits high. This is another reminder of how dangerous the roads are in Thailand.  No one knows when it's going to be their turn for disaster.

Edited by swerve

don't move at all until all the fractures are mended, I've refractured the same ribs before because of this! stay in bed like a statue for weeks.

are the cops watching cctv to find the a-hole and track him down?

the most shocking part was how little the hospital bill was!

23 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Do you want some hash?

You don't have to meet me or anything, I'll have my guy pop right over.

I could have it baked into a cookie for hospital discretion.

Kratom might be better for the pain.

Everyone is different, pot acts as a sedative with me, and gives me balance problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

What Motorbikes have flashing back lights? Bicycles do but that wouldn't help if the driver is looking at the phone

Have you noticed that many Thai vehicles have them?

I think that Thais are well aware of the problem that many are distracted when driving so we must do the same if we are aware of the danger even if there is no guarantee that we will not be hit by some idiot but at least in this case it is better to imitate the Thai.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BE88 said:

Have you noticed that many Thai vehicles have them?

I think that Thais are well aware of the problem that many are distracted when driving so we must do the same if we are aware of the danger even if there is no guarantee that we will not be hit by some idiot but at least in this case it is better to imitate the Thai.

It's usually the Somchais with sidecar that have flashing lights because their back lights don't work, I've even seen them try using CDs. It's best to look in the mirror when slowing down and take evasive action if need be

22 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

It's usually the Somchais with sidecar that have flashing lights because their back lights don't work, I've even seen them try using CDs. It's best to look in the mirror when slowing down and take evasive action if need be

I see many Thai trucks and cars that have this device of intermittent flash lamps on the back, Thais know this problem, I suppose it is the higher percentage of accidents.

I also put them on my motorbike, I hope they will bring me luck.🙂

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

What Motorbikes have flashing back lights? Bicycles do but that wouldn't help if the driver is looking at the phone

I see them every day when I'm out riding in Pattaya.  It's an aftermarket addition that pulses like a strobe.  I squeeze my brake levers quickly 3 or 4 times before coming to a stop. Also use a hand signal when turning left because people drive for miles with their indicator on.