Not Liking Thai People

JimTripper

Just now, bignok said:

You are totally clueless about stats. All the links proved you wrong. Racist and stupid. No wonder you moved to Sisaket. No clue.

You are showing how ignorant and how much of a troller you are with every one word to one sentence reply. You posted two links saying Thailand is one of the top 50 friendly countries. I didn't disagree but stated the US is people from ALL countries, and from what I saw living there 62 years, the ones who were the least friendly were the Asians. This is what I saw. It doesn't mean I am against Asians in any way. Again, I have a Thai girlfriend and half Thai child. Capiche? Calling someone who's obviously much smarter, and observant, and not opinionated than you, seeing I don't post to troll but show stats, isn't helping your cause any. I moved here to be near my ex and our daughter. That's where she lived. Capiche? I don't care for big cities but just like to be near them because they offer some things I like. Prefer country, just like back home. Capiche?

Just now, fredwiggy said:

You are showing how ignorant and how much of a troller you are with every one word to one sentence reply. You posted two links saying Thailand is one of the top 50 friendly countries. I didn't disagree but stated the US is people from ALL countries, and from what I saw living there 62 years, the ones who were the least friendly were the Asians. This is what I saw. It doesn't mean I am against Asians in any way. Again, I have a Thai girlfriend and half Thai child. Capiche? Calling someone who's obviously much smarter, and observant, and not opinionated than you, seeing I don't post to troll but show stats, isn't helping your cause any. I moved here to be near my ex and our daughter. That's where she lived. Capiche? I don't care for big cities but just like to be near them because they offer some things I like. Prefer country, just like back home. Capiche?

More gibberish.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

“The only statistics you can trust are the ones you have falsified yourself”. (Winston Churchill)

I haven't been to the top-ranked countries of that survey, but I certainly disagree about Japan's low rank. I personally would rank Japan as #1, and I know many people (incl. Thais) who would rank the Japanese there too.

friendly country index = mostly useless mainstream media nonsense

how do you define friendly? everyone walking around smiling?

even if everyone around you was constantly smiling, if you're miserable it won't help much.

this may be too deep for most people, but the problem is an existential one.

the clue is to be found in bignok's "what is the meaning of life?" thread.

most people have little meaning in their life.

if you work to bring more meaning into your life, you will be more content.

go teach chess to kids or sth. 

of course if you're sitting around doing nothing you will be miserable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bignok said:

More gibberish.

Yes, so you should just drift away and reply less. It doesn't show you as anything but a troller that argues just for the sake of arguing.  And I know quite a bit about crime worldwide. I'm replying to Jim Tripper, agreeing with some things he said about locals. Look things up and come back much later.................https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Thailand

Yes, so you should just drift away and reply less. It doesn't show you as anything but a troller that argues just for the sake of arguing.  And I know quite a bit about crime worldwide. I'm replying to Jim Tripper, agreeing with some things he said about locals. Look things up and come back much later.................https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Thailand

You have been whinging for 6 months. Just go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bignok said:

Sorry you have been whinging non stop for 6 years. Thanks for the correction.

I'm not alone, and you are unaware. For one who claims to know all about every city in Thailand (not) you certainly don't see the forest for the trees.

I'm not alone, and you are unaware. For one who claims to know all about every city in Thailand (not) you certainly don't see the forest for the trees.

Ive seen 20 top notch whingers on here. All old, all sitting around doing nothing.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bignok said:

Ive seen 20 top notch whingers on here. All old, all sitting around doing nothing.

Prejudiced against old people? You do realize some here could run rings around you and most other younger people don't you? And if we're sitting around doing nothing, how are you able to respond so quickly? I'm at home because it's a weekday and there (again) is very little to do I haven't already done here. I'm watching a movie on TV and replying to your gibberish.

Prejudiced against old people? You do realize some here could run rings around you and most other younger people don't you? And if we're sitting around doing nothing, how are you able to respond so quickly? I'm at home because it's a weekday and there (again) is very little to do I haven't already done here. I'm watching a movie on TV and replying to your gibberish.

I doubt it. I can walk all day and lift heavy.

Just pack n go. 6 years of whining ffs move

You will find the US full of problems too.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

They just show it more. 

The thing is last century they were European boot lickers what we of course liked for obvious reasons. now we are replaced by Russians, Arabs, Chinees, Indians, Iranees, Koreanees, Japanees also for obvious reasons ie generated profit. So now we sit in the corner and are treat step-motherlywhat makes us cry like newborns.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

friendly country index = mostly useless mainstream media nonsense

how do you define friendly? everyone walking around smiling?

I would define it by how people interacted with me, and treated me in different locations, sometimes going out of their way to help, not to mention being friendly. This is entirely based on personal prevalent experience, e.g. when travelling 'Down Under', I found Aussies to be much more friendly, helpful, and interested in having a conversation with me than, say, Kiwis. The same is true for Malaysia, or Cambodia, compared to Thailand, Malaysians vs. Singaporeans, etc.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

Just now, bignok said:

I doubt it. I can walk all day and lift heavy.

Just pack n go. 6 years of whining ffs move

You will find the US full of problems too.

I can also walk all day and still lift heavy, and I'm 67. Trust me, I know what goes on in the US, and I prefer it to here because it's nowhere near as boring, and I can't hunt here nor fish the species I like.

I can also walk all day and still lift heavy, and I'm 67. Trust me, I know what goes on in the US, and I prefer it to here because it's nowhere near as boring, and I can't hunt here nor fish the species I like.

Then go

6 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I would define it by how people interacted with me, and treated me in different locations, sometimes going out of their way to help, not to mention being friendly. This is entirely based on personal prevalent experience, e.g. when travelling 'Down Under', I found Aussies to be much more friendly, helpful, and interested in having a conversation with me than, say, Kiwis. The same is true for Malaysia, or Cambodia, compared to Thailand, Malaysians vs. Singaporeans, etc.

Kiwis are busy with sheep

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

there's no such thing as trying to quantify the friendliness of an entire country.

it's about as abstract as the meaning of life. 

thailand is neither friendly nor unfriendly. it's impossible to quantify and meaningless to speculate.

this is not what is causing people to feel miserable in thailand. you may perceive people to be generally unfriendly if you yourself are already miserable perhaps. or, if you are miserable, maybe it makes little difference if people around you are friendly.

as the friendliness of others is perhaps not the most important thing one needs to be content in life. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1

Of those having a rough time of it negotiating and navigating their time here with Thai folks, then it certainly must be either due to the choice of location and/or how one projects their demeanor. I haven’t experienced negativity with the locals, there’s been misunderstandings that takes a little patience, though never anything that wasn’t resolved amicably and ended with politeness. Though I’m never in a hurry, I’ll stop and talk to a Thai stranger until they’re done with the conversation. If one is living here other than working, then what’s the hurry? Take it easy and enjoy and get out more.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BigStar said:

And you have no opinions about the stats and facts, and are merely acting as our very own little Farmer’s Almanac. Spot on; what a valuable service.

The OP is expressing an opinion that Thais are annoying. My observation is that most such negative opinions about Thais and Thailand are merely about the posters themselves. So actually it is the OP who’s annoying. Other members here, and Thais, might well agree.

Given your own unquestionably high intelligence, you’re disturbed about the possibility that our posters’ common opinion that Thais are stupid may just mean that they are stupid. True, they may, like yourself, have observed an indisputable fact. Shockingly, now, often the facts given here by our inevitably smarter-than-Thais are wrong or merely hearsay. Countless examples of such in the Visas forum. But that really isn’t the issue, you see.

To continue, a few prominent examples illustrate my point.

A poster insists that it’s stupid of Thais to charge him a baht or so to traverse through a BTS station. In fact, they do charge. After a few pages, it’s found that there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for the charge, and he’s stupid for his inability to figure out what it is for himself AND thinking it’s stupid of Thais in particular AND moreover displaying his stupidity on a public forum. At bottom, he doesn't like paying anything.

But that’s an average poster whinging about some practice he doesn’t understand or like, poor thing. Given our most cherished stat that the average Thai IQ is 88, it’s instructive to observe our forum intelligentsia in action. Among many others in the rarefied atmosphere at the top end of the IQ bell curve, say 140+, we have, for example, our Economists and Construction Engineers.

Our awesome Economists observe a true fact: the Central Festival shopping mall is being constructed on Beach Road in Pattaya. A chorus of sneers promptly erupts led by the Economists. One of the most knowledgeable explains bankruptcy will ensue because the fools are trying to charge Bangkok prices! Yeah, nobody will shop there. 🙂 Same with T21. Same with Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang. Even today, they may insist all the malls are always empty, though they never go there.   

And the greatest example of our high IQ Engineering idiocy involved the construction of the Tunnel at the Sukhumvit/Pattaya Klang intersection. Fact: Tunnel. But Thais are too stupid to construct tunnels! It would never be finished. It would flood immediately: Thais never thought about that. Members joyously entertained themselves with rubber ducky cartoons, hee hee. Then it turned out that our Engineers hadn’t known that water doesn’t run uphill.

I could go on for pages. Bigotry is behind many of the negative opinions, so therein lies the explanation of why they typically say more about the poster than Thais. Often, they're excellent inverse indicators, as in the above. 

Words are a mirror to the soul. Thailand no good? Maybe its you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BigStar said:

And you have no opinions about the stats and facts, and are merely acting as our very own little Farmer’s Almanac. Spot on; what a valuable service.

The OP is expressing an opinion that Thais are annoying. My observation is that most such negative opinions about Thais and Thailand are merely about the posters themselves. So actually it is the OP who’s annoying. Other members here, and Thais, might well agree.

Given your own indisputably high intelligence, you’re disturbed about the possibility that our posters’ common opinion that Thais are stupid may just mean that they are stupid. True, they may, like yourself, have observed an indisputable fact. Shockingly, now, often the facts given here by our inevitably smarter-than-Thais are wrong or merely hearsay. Countless examples of such in the Visas forum. But that really isn’t the issue, you see.

To continue, a few prominent examples illustrate my point.

A poster insists that it’s stupid of Thais to charge him a baht or so to traverse through a BTS station. In fact, they do charge. After a few pages, it’s found that there’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for the charge, and he’s stupid for his inability to figure out what it is for himself AND thinking it’s stupid of Thais in particular AND moreover displaying his stupidity on a public forum. At bottom, he doesn't like paying anything.

But that’s an average poster whinging about some practice he doesn’t understand or like, poor thing. Given our most cherished stat that the average Thai IQ is 88, it’s instructive to observe our forum intelligentsia in action. Among many others in the rarefied atmosphere at the top end of the IQ bell curve, say 140+, we have, for example, our Economists and Construction Engineers.

Our awesome Economists observe a true fact: the Central Festival shopping mall is being constructed on Beach Road in Pattaya. A chorus of sneers promptly erupts led by the Economists. One of the most knowledgeable explains bankruptcy will ensue because the fools are trying to charge Bangkok prices! Yeah, nobody will shop there. 🙂 Same with T21. Same with Big C Extra, Pattaya Klang. Even today, they may insist all the malls are always empty, though they never go there.   

And the greatest example of our high IQ Engineering idiocy involved the construction of the Tunnel at the Sukhumvit/Pattaya Klang intersection. Fact: Tunnel. But Thais are too stupid to construct tunnels! It would never be finished. It would flood immediately: Thais never thought about that. Members joyously entertained themselves with rubber ducky cartoons, hee hee. Then it turned out that our Engineers hadn’t known that water doesn’t run uphill.

I could go on for pages. Bigotry is behind many of the negative opinions, so therein lies the explanation of why they typically say more about the poster than Thais. Often, they're excellent inverse indicators, as in the above. 

Yes, bigotry is definitely behind many adverse opinions, and that's why I don't base anything on other's opinions, even though many can be spot on. I don't think a person with an IQ of 80 is stupid. They just aren't capable of having, or retaining, much knowledge. I see many problems since I've lived here, both in road maintenance and building, along with the telephone and electrical wiring, which is a disaster in itself. Thai's take a lot from other countries because they know it works. They should take more and the problem here is the prejudice towards foreigners many old school have. Ignorance doesn't help your country. Anyone is capable of being annoying to someone. Not understanding their language doesn't help with communication. That leaves little to talk about, hence the mistaken belief they are all stupid, as some think. I don't think Thais are all annoying. Misunderstandings happen a lot here because of the cultural and language differences, and I understand that. Go with the flow. There are things I don't like about both here and back home. I, like the OP, are just much better suited being back home. An average IQ means just that. Many here are very intelligent, and some worldly intelligent. The problem here is that, like in many places, the wrong people are in charge, and they aren't always the smart ones.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Yes, bigotry is definitely behind many adverse opinions, and that's why I don't base anything on other's opinions, even though many can be spot on. I don't think a person with an IQ of 80 is stupid. They just aren't capable of having, or retaining, much knowledge. I see many problems since I've lived here, both in road maintenance and building, along with the telephone and electrical wiring, which is a disaster in itself. Thai's take a lot from other countries because they know it works. They should take more and the problem here is the prejudice towards foreigners many old school have. Ignorance doesn't help your country. Anyone is capable of being annoying to someone. Not understanding their language doesn't help with communication. That leaves little to talk about, hence the mistaken belief they are all stupid, as some think. I don't think Thais are all annoying. Misunderstandings happen a lot here because of the cultural and language differences, and I understand that. Go with the flow. There are things I don't like about both here and back home. I, like the OP, are just much better suited being back home. An average IQ means just that. Many here are very intelligent, and some worldly intelligent. The problem here is that, like in many places, the wrong people are in charge, and they aren't always the smart ones.

Biden? 555 he is worse

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Biden? 555 he is worse

They'll all people who are there for the feeling of power. They all promise to do things, and some things good are done. Trump is, and always has been, a weirdo, misogynist, racist yoyo. He did some things right because anyone could in his position, especially if they have Congress behind them. Biden is trying to fix things others before him hurt, along with trying to please the  citizens. It's impossible because there's two sides that find it hard to agree on much. Infighting doesn't make good futures. There have been presidents that have done some very good things, and some that have made things worse. That's why a president isn't needed. Things should never be left into one person's hands. Especially when they are affecting millions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Omg, look how many positive reactions you have all the loves, likes etc. I really thought that you were on your own. 

There's a lot of your type here, why?

It seems so strange to me that a foreigner would live in Thailand and have your attitude, it's really scary, go home guys. Be with people that you want to be around, leave us in peace. 

Could contain:

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 2

54 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Omg, look how many positive reactions you have all the loves, likes etc. I really thought that you were on your own. 

There's a lot of your type here, why?

It seems so strange to me that a foreigner would live in Thailand and have your attitude, it's really scary, go home guys. Be with people that you want to be around, leave us in peace. 

Could contain:

They like hookers