Michael Cohen says he inflated assets to ‘whatever number Trump told us to’

Social Media

Just now, Danderman123 said:

You really worked for a bank?

Do you understand that loan interest rates are partially based on the valuation of applicant assets?

Don't you think it's good public policy to ensure that valuations are not fraudulent?

Cleaning a bank in the park?

• Haha 2

On 10/25/2023 at 1:42 PM, Longwood50 said:

Stuff deleted

Assuming you are a reasonable person, do you not understand that Trump is a long time con man?

Is this the case where you know he's a grifter, but you think that he's not grifting you? Forgetting his politics, how can you support someone so dishonest?

Please do not response with a list of Biden's lies, most of those are petty or screw-ups, and not germane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

That is "your opinion"  The fact is that Trump may not be a perfect man.  

The fact is that Trump is under indictment for 91 crimes, plus now in a fraud trial.

The fact that you can't focus on that, and insist on rambling about ancient history indicates you have been conned by Trump.

The question in this fraud trial isn't guilt, its the penalty. But you do know Trump committed fraud, right?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

One of your tactics is "whataboutism". This is when you try to compare Trump's criming with others.

This is nothing but the Stalinist regime deliberately taking charges that would not be brought against an absolute similar case.  As a former banker I can tell you that even if the bank lost money, there would not be charges brought against the person for making any false representations.  

Trump like any other borrower tried to portray his assets in the most favorable way.  He would have had to have submitted documentation to support those valuations.  Now suddenly though the bank approved them, and is still being paid, someone after the fact is claiming the valuations were false. 

Sorry, not a single person in all my 34 years in banking with some of the largest financial instituions in the USA did I ever encounter a single person being prosecuted for inflating values on a financial statement.  That would be punctuated where the bank was being repaid.  They would have no damage and hence no cause. 

Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime.” - Quozio

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes and Hillary Clinton destroyed emails under subpoena
Sandy Berger stole classified documents in his pants

Bill Clinton lied under oath

Hunter Biden lied on a federal form.

It is selective prosecution purely politically driven. 

What about?

Is that all you have? How much FOX News do you watch?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

This is nothing but the Stalinist regime deliberately taking charges that would not be brought against an absolute similar case.  As a former banker I can tell you that even if the bank lost money, there would not be charges brought against the person for making any false representations.  

SEC Charges Infinity Q Founder with Orchestrating Massive Valuation Fraud

https://www.netsuite.com/portal/resource/articles/accounting/financial-statement-fraud.shtml

Asset valuation fraud is common, and commonly prosecuted. 

Your work experience is not germane to this case.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For you Trump fans:

It's all going to end for you someday. Maybe it will take 10 years, but, at some point, you're going to wake up and realize you've been lied to. You are not going to your grave as a Trump fan (unless you are hit by a bus tomorrow), you *will* have a realization that it is not a giant conspiracy, Trump is simply lying to you.

Same as the war in Iraq. How many people still believe the WMD lie?

Or the Vietnam war - what was that about anyway? I knew Republicans who wanted to nuke Vietnam, but who didn't know where it was.

Just as Vietnam and Iran are widely descredited, Trump will be, too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You really worked for a bank?

Do you understand that loan interest rates are partially based on the valuation of applicant assets?

Don't you think it's good public policy to ensure that valuations are not fraudulent?

Hey, the under valuation he did when he paid taxes (some years a billionaire and didn't pay tax at all - that too is a CRIME in the USA.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Presnock said:

Hey, the under valuation he did when he paid taxes (some years a billionaire and didn't pay tax at all - that too is a CRIME in the USA.

This is an area where I have some experience.

Property assessments are usually conducted on the county level. It's a negotiation between the property owner and the assessor. Each is supposed to research the property and offer a valuation. At the end, the Assessor makes a decision, mostly based on sale prices of comparable properties.

So, the assessed value of Trump's property is the opinion of the Assessor. Which means that assessed valuation is probably close to the market value.

But, no criminal liability for Trump.

18 hours ago, pomchop said:

Trump was found guilty by a judge and not by a jury

And so does this Judge have infallibility? 

Seems to me that 9 justices of the Supreme Court once ruled on Roe v Wade and decades later 9 different judges ruled that the other court was wrong. 

My point remains the same.  The banks did nto file a complaint.  A very biased Attorney General ignored looking at any other company or individual who similarly "may have" inflated asset values to obtain a loan and chose to take a State action despite the fact that the banks are governed by the federal not state authorities and the banks suffered no loss. 

PS.  What are those properties valued at today? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

As I have said, irrespective of whether Trump did inflate assets to secure loans THERE IS NO VICTIM.  The asset values only become relative in the event they are repossessed and are worth less than the amount of the loan. 

Now the government is misdirecting you to look at the asset value at the time of the loan.  WHAT ARE THOSE ASSETS WORTH TODAY. 

You keep focusing on if there is " a crime"  I have said that the government is being weaponized against a political opponent. 

Did the attorney general of New York similarly dig into the records of the banks of OTHER INDIVIDUALS OR COMPANIES to see if they similarly filed false financial information without the bank filing a complaint. 

If they didn't IT IS PATENTLY CLEAR THAT THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE "TARGETED" TRUMP"

The attorney generals office could have scoured the records of all the banks and ask to review all the financial records of all the loans to see who else might have inflated values.  THEY DIDN'T they went solely after Trump singling him out for prosecution. 

In the end irrespective of whether the asset values were inflated or not, the banks were not harmed, and they did not file the complaint.  THAT SIR IS MALICIOUS POLITICAL PROSECUTION.  

Also the banks are typically Federally Chartered that is governed by the Federal Government.  They are insured by the FDIC again a federal organization.  Yet it is a states action not the federal government happening only in a Liberal State by and Extremely Liberal Attorney General  

POLITICAL PROSECUTION.  PROSECUTING A VICTIMLESS CRIME. 

Once again, the banks lost money because Trump secured loans with a low interest rate, due to misrepresenting the value of his assets.

Don't you think it is good public policy to stamp out asset valuation fraud?

Or do you think that inflating asset valuations is okay with banks?

• Like 2

I you ask a Trump fan if they think Trump really weighs 215 kilograms, they are unable to answer. Something about the wiring in their brains causes a misfire on this question.

If you ask them the question, they will tell you they are not interested, or start talking about the weather, anything to change the subject.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1