Bangkok’s reckless foreign rider roils social media, netizens demand action

snoop1130

8 hours ago, BenStark said:

Before I moved to Thailand I owned a legal motorbike stunt team in my home country. Our main act was doing stunts on one wheel at high speed, be it rear or front wheel, and we owned the world record of the highest speed on one wheel at that time. Registered in the Guinness world record book.

Then when I came here I visited TAT with some videos to get a permission to have the team perform a show here.

After watching the video the TAT manager told me, we see this every night on the roads here.

I did rest my case.

Did you have that bike in a ball thing?

is Charlie Heaton really a movie star? — In every marriage, you get one  chance to say, “I...

1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

So what you're saying is Thailand should have one set of laws for Thais, and one set of laws for foreigners? Foreigners should be punished more severely for the same crimes? Do you understand that's racism?

It's not racism, it's nationalism. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Xonax said:

Beside the wheelie on an apparently empty street, the video does not show any worse driving, than shown by any delivery rider in Bangkok. 

In the second video it looks like he stops at the lights while a Thai drives straight through. 

• Like 2

Blockhead. Not just reckless driving (that happens everywhere everyday). But stunt riding. On Sukhumvit no less. Everyone knows why he does it. It's an attention seeking disorder. Well, now he has his attention. Would love to see that Ducati go up on auction. More likely we're to see a police officer riding it soon 😉

• Confused 1

I have never seen a Thai driver rereferred to as "Reckless" is that deformation? 

They don't mention his name and obviously must be quite wealthy, and the fines will mean zilch to him, plus the cops could be on a good little earner. He does drive well though, init.   

Is it not law to have mirrors on a M/C ?

13 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

This would be a great development if they actually cared about other Thai people doing it. 17 years now and still I've never seen a Thai police officer patrolling the road to arrest dangerous drivers.

Count your blessings.

• Confused 1

I've driven in numerous countries around the world including Thailand (for 16 years) and there are some things you must learn very quickly here:-

a) there is very little in the way of road safety education in Thailand and a substantial number of drivers have never taken (let alone passed) a driving test. Some of those that have a Licence paid someone to take the test for them. Agencies actually advertise that they can provide this service!

b) Thais dont care about anything that I said in a) and that applies to the "law enforcement officers" too

c) the situation is not going to change any time soon so suck it up (or shut up). 

d) this guy needs speaking to but these fast-food delieevry drivers are far more dangerous and nobody does anything about them - they need reigning in and the companies they deleiver for need fining big time to make them educate their drivers. 

• Like 2

Call me cynical, but they have only got a problem because he is a 'rich' foreigner with a bike they can't afford. 

13 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Confiscate his bike. For a start.

So a Police officer can ride it while it is impounded, and kill another person on a pedestrian crossing? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

I don't care as long as he is not riding on the sidewalk.

Nothing wrong with that, especially if they're bringing me my Maccas feed. Just move out of their way and let them get on with it, it's all part of the charm of living here compared to say, boring old Singapore the 'fine' city.

He is 🇷🇺 for sure and that's a 1.4 million b bike 

But the Thais on the honda waves do the same thing all hotted  up think its a drag  strip no Thais compain or driving up the wrong way in the dark  same same 

No rules just the RTP🖐️ out for their payment  on your way you naughty boy  and as from today they can charge what they want.