New livery for THAI stewardesses

snoop1130

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Those outfits are the 'meet n greet' outfits - the TG FA's change into more practical outfits shortly after take off and again back into the dresses shortly before landing.

So they are in this very unpractical outfits during the two most critical phases of the flight....

What happened to the miniskirts and high heels? I do miss good old times of flying.... 70-80's please come again....

1 hour ago, Albaby said:

Sure it's not you? I've never had a problem.

My negative attitude is historic and recent. 

Many years back I flew at least 2 return flights per week from Bangkok to S'pore, KL, HK, Jakarta, Manila.

Many times the service and attitude given to me was way less than satisfactory. And the rudeness and efusal to help to Thai passengers legendry. Examples:

- Evening flight Bkk to Jakarta Business class

- My 18 year old Thai son sitting next to me on a full adult fare ticket. He had flown economy and business many times before.

- After dinner fiished and trays etc., all packed aw, my son asked politiely if he could have a glass of Coca Cola

- Flying waitress didn't stop to speak to him just yelled at him as she kept walking "Go and ask in economy class"

- Supervisor came and claimed it was a misunderstanding. No apology and no Coca Cola.

- I then asked for a glass of Coca Cola, same flying waitress. She returned with my Coca Cola and said to me "You're a very rude man".

and theres more.

- Twice flying evening flights HK to Bkk no cabin crew greetings the boarding passengers etc.

- No check of seat belts etc., before take off.

- Turned out the cabin crew were in the galley holding the curtains closed and having a birthday party.

On 10/27/2023 at 5:19 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Those outfits are the 'meet n greet' outfits - the TG FA's change into more practical outfits shortly after take off and again back into the dresses shortly before landing.

I did not know this. Can you share the details on this in-flight uniform change (twice)? What do the "practical" outfits look like?

Most incidents occur on take-off or landing, so being in the meet n greet attire still presents safety challenges.

I guess we'll see this come January when these will be in use.

THAI Unveils New Cabin Crew Uniform, a Combination of Thai Identity and Sustainability

The Thai Ruean Ton, Thai national dress globally recognized for its grace for over six decades as worn by THAI flight attendants, is now weaved with synthetic thread made of recycled materials and Thai silk. The new uniform offers both aesthetic and utility purposes as it is easier for looking after and flexier in wearing and has passed the safety standards.

The Thai Ruean Ton uniform with this new material will be worn by female flight attendants and to be witnessed onboard and elsewhere from 1 January 2024.

https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en/news/news_announcement/news_detail/from_purple_to_purpose.page

Synthetic thread made with recycled materials. Hopefully, the flammability test results were acceptable.

Edited by bamnutsak