Were you ever (or never) swoon worthy beautiful at any point in your life? (All genders)

Jingthing

31 minutes ago, jvs said:

I find people who think they are physically beautiful a waste of time anyway,usually that comes with an attitude and entitlement.On the other hand looking at beautiful people is pleasing to the eye and

i do believe physical attraction is what brings people together.It is very rare to find a truly beautiful person inside and out.Todays young people are to obsessed with outer beauty.

True beauty is on the inside and that can last a lifetime!

I get what you're saying but sometimes people that think they are beautiful actually are.

But then we get into what is beauty?

Different cultures have different culturally specific concepts of beauty.

In the same culture, that can change over time.

My context is western gay male concepts of beauty.

That has changed since my peak bloom to usually REQUIRE some level of having a gym body.

I didn't have that, so with my same looks I had now, I wouldn't have the same high level of swoon appeal. Still OK, but I would be rejected a lot more by the cream of the crop in a bar or these days more like Grindr.

Also the swoon worthiness I did have was mostly from men. Women most often aren't particularly interested in twinks beautiful or otherwise.

On another note, I did have a swoon bloom in my school age years, but only from about 13 to 15. I got cast as adonis Demetrius in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream based on my looks rather than my acting ability. Pretty girls were all over me! But I didn't want the girls so I put on weight and that took care of that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Same as nikmar

Ugly as sin from day 1 and stayed that way for 72 years and counting.

I was so ugly as a baby that my mother later told me 'I had to love you as no one else would'.

Luckily I have other assets that women seem to find attractive. Never short of a girlfriend or three. (A bit awkward at times.)

On the other hand, my wife was gorgeous from the day that I met her when she was 21.

I stole her from another bloke and travelled the world with her.

She was gorgeous until the day that she died (55).

I still love her today.😍

Sad. Women are attracted to good looks, money, power, intelligence and charm. You must have had one of them in full measure.

• Haha 1

My initial reaction to this thread was to feel like puking 🤢 

I took a different approach; to assume that I needed to have something else about me and if I was attractive to someone then that would be a bonus. Also I tended to reject anyone who showed an obvious attraction to me. I’d wait for a deeper connection or it was no go. 
No superficial relationships for me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

30 minutes ago, NextG said:

My initial reaction to this thread was to feel like puking 🤢 

I took a different approach; to assume that I needed to have something else about me and if I was attractive to someone then that would be a bonus. Also I tended to reject anyone who showed an obvious attraction to me. I’d wait for a deeper connection or it was no go. 
No superficial relationships for me. 

Drugs, booze and ladyboys as per research are known to create stomach issues and  needs to puke for anything. Cannot confirm this but science definately does confirm it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

Drugs, booze and ladyboys as per research are known to create stomach issues and  needs to puke for anything. Cannot confirm this but science definately does confirm it.

Which of those have you sampled recently?

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

We all look great at our youth in our sweet 16 !!! The problem is that we realise it only later as when teens, one always tries to look older to pass through the ID check at the club maybe !

But man ohj man..... when I think of all those  missed occassions, due to some basic teen shyness....all those moments when the honey pie or the treat of the moment was practically  offering herself on the plate..man oh man...I could slap meself now !!🤣 Missed so many chances to make the girlie of the moment happy...🤣

With age we change, better or worse depending on lifestyle and mainly what we allow ourselves and our minds to become.

Obviously the sour, angry, rude people, with bad food and drink habbits will turn physically ugly, no matter what. Not always obviously but very often. You can see sharp looks but the eyes give away all the toxic of a person. The ladies and girlies are great in probing this at the first sight.

What us guys always forget is that a regular girl (not a prostitute or gold didgger), will usually prefer a guy with normal shape and looks,  but who is  nice, smart, has inner confidence,  funny at ease with others, does not hate or discriminate....rather then the opposite type all great in fitness shape but who is a real asx&&le...ask any (normal) girlie...

What we also forget that by female standards, a guy with confidence is not the big mouth at the Sports Bar or the bully at the local testosterone fit-club...far from that.

If you have had a normal life, you can see those with inner confidence, who are not lonely, who have succeed in their lives, dont' brag or display, are happy,  usually discreet people. always smiling, never a mean word (even if they can be humanly mean inside sometimes🤣). The lonely sour drunks consider such people as fools,  as they mistake nice and happy  with guilable/stupid.

Obvisouly all this is  not a rule of the thumb and with exceptions like anything....

Depends on your reasons for ‘staying in shape’. I did it to so that my partner could have the best boyfriend. Not sure that it worked, since she was INSANELY jealous. 
I know others may do it to mask other aspects of their character. Not all are a**es. 
Now I focus on function over form. 
People who depend only on the superficial fall the furthest. 

43 minutes ago, NextG said:

Then there was the unwanted male attention…

Depends on the male giving attention.

Reminds me of a sign at bathhouse  Said something like complaints of sexual harassment won't be entertained but complaints of no sexual harassment will be heard with sympathy. But no refunds!

• Haha 1