U.S. Embassy Consular Outreach: Pattaya

webfact

image.png

print sharing button

Provision of Consular Services: Thursday, November 2, 9:00 AM- 11:30 AM

The American Citizen Services Unit will be providing limited consular services in the Dusit Thani Pattaya Hotel from 09:00 AM to 11:30 AM on November 2, 2023.

Please note, these services are limited to 40 Appointments of

1. Passport renewals (DS-82)
2. Passports for minors (DS-11)
3. Notary services

To sign up for services, please register here. Reservations are first come, first served, with additional consideration for those with limited mobility.

NOTE:
** Service fees MUST be paid via Pay.gov (DS-82 adult renewals)
or Bank Draft (minor passports and notary services) **
** You MUST bring originals and photocopies of all necessary documents. **
Please find detailed information here. (PDF 413KB)

Venue: Dusit Thani Pattaya Hotel.   Telephone: +66 (0)38-425-6617   Email: [email protected]

Source: https://th.usembassy.gov/consular-outreach-pattaya-11022023/

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This indicates to me that they are acting as a mobile consulate.  If so, then why do I have to use local mail in order to get a new

passport?  Just wondering.  Or, can I just make an appointment at the Congen, Bangkok to get a new passport?  Anyone have

ny idea?

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, newnative said:

9AM till 11:30AM.  Skimpy hours, skimpy numbers served.  Don't work too hard, fellas, that's 2 1/2 hours of work.  Pace yourselves, and take plenty of breaks.  Keep hydrated with this long, hard work.

Previous posts have INSISTED that the Embassy has changed its rules and no longer does "in person" renewals.  So WHICH IS IT?????  Limited hours or NO in-person renewal appointments?

13 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Previous posts have INSISTED that the Embassy has changed its rules and no longer does "in person" renewals.  So WHICH IS IT?????  Limited hours or NO in-person renewal appointments?

I have no idea--and why in the World ask me.  The point I was making was they are making the trek to Pattaya with staff, making all the effort to find and secure the meeting space, set up the space for the services, seating, appointments, etc., and all for just 2.5 hours of 'outreach'.  Seems totally ridiculous to me--at the very least it should have been an all-day affair, or why even bother.  

Better than nothing!

The obvious reason for the short hours is that when they did these years ago it was mostly income affidavits which they no longer do.

Will these visits be twice a year going forward?

Edited by Jingthing

7 hours ago, newnative said:

I have no idea--and why in the World ask me.  The point I was making was they are making the trek to Pattaya with staff, making all the effort to find and secure the meeting space, set up the space for the services, seating, appointments, etc., and all for just 2.5 hours of 'outreach'.  Seems totally ridiculous to me--at the very least it should have been an all-day affair, or why even bother.  

They have hot ladyboys arranged.  American citizens are just a cover.

• Haha 1