Immi home visits

Pouatchee

On 10/28/2023 at 1:36 PM, Crossy said:

The boys from Pathum Thani came yesterday afternoon (marriage extension, they come every year).

Re-created our photos in the kitchen, by the gate and in front of the house. They asked where the couch in the other photo was, "upstairs" (lounge is upstairs), they were invited to look but declined.

All very professional, it's the same chaps every year.

The only issue is this turning up and causing Madam to receive phone-calls "what has khun Crossy been arrested for?", for flips sake guys, it's not like they've not been before!

image.jpeg.f402087af4479ff1c5f8c529b4d594fd.jpeg

Wow you get the Sa-Mart BMW, the lads who pop round to see us are usually on a scooter!

And no in answer to the OP they get invited in and have never strayed further than the living room, sign the forms, photo together in the living room and a photo of us together at the front of the house with the house number. All very polite and respectful. 

44 minutes ago, BE88 said:

If they comes I have no problem if he opens my cupboard, what does he have in the cupboards that worries him so much? An inflatable love baby ?

not about finding anything. for me it is about rights. even big joke did not allow them to come in without a warrant. even back in my country (nothing to hide) i would not let cops look around without a warrant. my original op was to find out if anyone had ever had immi push boundaries because we are foreigners. in a broader aspect... what rights do we have here, or dont?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

not about finding anything. for me it is about rights. even big joke did not allow them to come in without a warrant. even back in my country (nothing to hide) i would not let cops look around without a warrant. my original op was to find out if anyone had ever had immi push boundaries because we are foreigners. in a broader aspect... what rights do we have here, or dont?

We must be clear if the police shows up with a warrant even in your country you cannot oppose the search of your home, but I don't see any report of the immigration visit to check that you live in that home with your wife and take some photos that confirm what you stated. We are well ahead of a search of your home by immigration.

However, if one day you receive a visit for a search in  your home,you will also receive the documents describing the law and the reason for the search of your home, the same thing happened to the Big Joke recently.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pouatchee said:

Having a search warrant issued by the court is drastically different as criminal charges can come from anything they find when searching for evidence.

A home visit by immigration for visa compliance is hardly on the same scale as they are not searching for evidence connected with a warrant or criminal wrongdoing. Why are you so worried about your "rights"? It's been my experience when people are too paranoid about "rights being violated" they generally create situation that makes them appear suspect and Thailand isn't the place to do that

• Thumbs Up 2

@BE88   and @dan much obliged for your comments thanks. the only thing i have to hide is i have a pot plant that i am growing for the pleasure of it. i can no longer smoke due to health issues and i dont sell what i grow. this i can put away no worries. years ago, on new years eve, i did have a run in with some crazy thai guy and when my wife called the police and they came i told them to go see the cctv footage in the 7/11. these fockers brought the thai guy with them and told me to stay out of the cctv room. i told them i wanted to press charges so we went to the police station. on the way in my wife overheard the pigs telling the guy that in order to save himself he had to press charges against me too. the pigs told me i didnt have a case even though the guy charged at me with a ratchet and clearly wanted to hit me. i aksed them to tell me the law about such an inicident. they started to stutter and shoved a the law book, in thai, in our faces and told them to find it ourselves. my wife started reading, and i think that as soon as she got close they took it away from us. fortunately for me my friend was friends with the big boss of the station so he called them and everything was over. 

so, do i have fait in thai pigs and thai law being a foreigner? absolutely not. i did have one immi officer come for a visit about 7 years ago and he made himself comfortable in my house and he overstayed his welcome. after that i went on retirement visas, but lately i changed back because i am considering going back to work in teaching. thanks for your comments. some times we need confirmation from our peers for what we believe and all who posted replies so far have graciously done this.

respect   🙏

forgot to mention, my wife is registered to grow up to 6 plants and i know that for now weed is still legal... so by the letter of the law nothing to worry about. but i still dont trust those empowered with the law

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

I had the impression that if you were arrested away from your home they searched your home. I may be wrong, or maybe just in some cases eg if you had drugs on you and possibly a warrant was obtained first in those circumstances. 

• 2 weeks later...

had immi visit today. i knew the guy that came from the office. super friendly guy whose english is also good. took about 10 photos of wife, himself, witness and me. absolutely unintrusive visit. sympathetic immi officer. hope he doesnt get shuffled around