Pattaya Police Fine Taxi Drivers for Assaulting and Threatening Couple on Walking Street

webfact

the motobike taxi guys seem to be getting worse then i'm used to, angrier. i think it's lack of fares.

i have been getting some overly loud semi-aggressive "motorbike!" kind of stuff where i walk out from my condo in the evenings. it may have been one particular bad apple guy, i don't remember. i started walking out via an alternate way.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Location location location

you criticize them for their  lack of geography but somehow you then retract it…

wishy washy answers calls in your credibility 

How about this then @$$hole.

Go forth and multiply with yourself.

Not wishy washy about you.

• Haha 1

I had a similar incident like this happen years ago on Soi 8 in Pattaya, was walking back to my hotel with my wife when a baht bus driver pulled up and kept hassling us to get in his taxi. We didn't want a taxi and we didn't flag him down so we told him in nice Thai that we weren't interested, he kept insisting that we get in, then went up ahead of us, stopped and stepped out with a knife beside his leg and kept telling us to get in his taxi. Instead of confronting him we just went the other way since it is a one way street and he was ahead of us. Never used baht buses that night or any time after that, too many stories like mine and others of these mafia gangsters fleecing/hassling/harming tourists. And on another note; if you drive a car in Pattaya watch out for them, they drive like they own the road--which I guess they do since they've got the police behind them, and basically drive like idiots. Sounds like Phuket will be an additional home of the baht bus mafia gangsters in the near future.

• Haha 1

Grab drivers are definitely aware of these mugs.

They have expressed to me regularly that the above bozos threaten them.

I make a point of asking the price from Point A to Point B with them. Then show them the Grab price.

Clowns frown at me. I walk away. They know it's not best to mess about with me (I'm biggish, and mildly crazy).

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

I had a similar incident like this happen years ago on Soi 8 in Pattaya, was walking back to my hotel with my wife when a baht bus driver pulled up and kept hassling us to get in his taxi. We didn't want a taxi and we didn't flag him down so we told him in nice Thai that we weren't interested, he kept insisting that we get in, then went up ahead of us, stopped and stepped out with a knife beside his leg and kept telling us to get in his taxi.

i find that hard to believe. was he holding the knife or was it just attached to his belt?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Judges don't make the laws that dictate penalties.

Well, while that is essentially true, anyone who knows anything about the justice system, knows that judges have a tremendous amount of discretion when it comes to the application of laws, and when it comes to the establishment of penalties, so what you said is naive at best. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I live in a area where the Taxi mob will take over street corners and then block others from using the corner or where ever they choose to setup.  My home is a corner house with the front of the home being a store front.  They actually attempted to take over the corner of my home when the previous tenet moved out. I rerouted my washing machine drainage to drain directly onto them. Did not take long for them to clear out.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/30/2023 at 6:17 AM, Lucky Bones said:

This is Thailand. Most important to be aware of your surroundings and stay under the radar.🙃🙃

strikes me that things are getting worse. has happened to me with my car, in Patong, years ago. (no violence, as I paid a ''fee'' after getting threatened) . things appear to be getting out of control when its Thai on Thai. Every time something, anything happens to tourists, the British scandal mags report it - and another knockout blow for the tourist industry.

Edited by paddypower
spell

17 minutes ago, ross163103 said:

Believe what you want, he was holding it in his hand.

there is a complaint form you can fill out online. just need probably the white number on the truck door. i don't think they release your contact info to the driver. also can upload video's and pictures.

https://complaint-center.tourismthailand.org/en/p/complaint-about-transporation