BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

1 hour ago, UWEB said:

Picked up my Seal from the dealer yesterday,wondering what the latest version of the Software is.Was told below shown ones is the latest up to date one.

image.jpeg.ff25841a51058fe783eee86805021e61.jpeg

Yes, i believe that is the latest system version , apparently the 2310 refers to date Oct 2023 , in AUS they recently received an OTA 2401 ( Jan 2024 ) but i don’t believe their OTA is any different to ours only released later.

Here’s my Software detail from March 21st, there is a difference in the Dyna version ( whatever that means! )

IMG_3162.jpeg.90a35da9d012c799b26a95e72172f6a3.jpeg

Does anyone think BYD will send Seal owners an over-the-air update which will improve the appearance of the graphics on the two screens?

We have an all-singing, all-dancing wonderful car and one of the few disappointments for me is the poor visual aesthetics of the two screens. The HUD is crisp and beautiful while the two screens are cheap and nasty looking. I thought I would get used to them but after 6 months they still look naff to me

Does anyone else agree, or is it just me?

P.S. Sometimes when I mess about with holding down the scroll button to the right of the gear selector, I get a very simplified, quite beautiful version of the smaller screen. But it doesn’t stay for long and anyway, it has extremely limited information on it. 

1 minute ago, macahoom said:

What do you mean by this?

Lets say you want to go from BKK to Krabi - how often and where do you recharge?

Or for that matter any trip that pushes the range boundary, the car should offer several ideal scenarios for fastest re-charge vs. travel time optimizations. To no one's surprise, Tesla is the gold standard for this, but many other cars do quite well, too. BYD offers a black hole.

Then there is this:  https://x.com/TaylorOgan/status/1783350198502388174

image.png.63d4b6ab8194cf7d8fc7ca782c9d485c.png

• Thanks 2

Last night one of my tenants asked me if his house had enough power as he was thinking of buying a BYD Seal Premium.

This morning I got a message from Rêver saying if I introduced someone then I would get 30,000 baht credit on the Sharge app.

He hasn’t gone to the dealer yet and so I introduced him. They confirmed he was not already known to them.

I was thinking, I may offer him my Seal Performance, I got a message on Monday from MG that they will be calling me soon for the colour combination on my Cyberster. They haven’t yet said whether they will give me price protection, I suspect they might but will ask me to sign an NDA. The longer they delay, the more I think they might.

Edited by JBChiangRai
Spellification
  • Like 2

On 4/24/2024 at 8:09 AM, macahoom said:

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I always am, at the number of times I see reviewers getting things so wrong about the cars. This guy points out, at least three times, that the AWD doesn't have a frunk. It most certainly does!

I think he assumed this because it has two motors and therefore no room for a frunk.

I was going to point this out in my comment, then I noticed that he had been corrected several times.

Interesting video comparing the Premium and Performance Seal with the reviewer having driven both 500km back to back.

There is also some comments about how each car compares to the it’s equivalent Tesla (RWD and LR) but many comments are more relevant to Malaysia.

At 31:30 he talks about the far higher regen level in the AWD due to having 2 electric motors which I hadn’t thought about before.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Bandersnatch said:

Interesting video comparing the Premium and Performance Seal with the reviewer having driven both 500km back to back.

There is also some comments about how each car compares to the it’s equivalent Tesla (RWD and LR) but many comments are more relevant to Malaysia.

At 31:30 he talks about the far higher regen level in the AWD due to having 2 electric motors which I hadn’t thought about before.

Some good points, albeit the usual comparisons with Tesla.

I have to agree that the regen levels in the Premium are very low, maybe we will get one pedal driving with an OTA ( I think MG did this ? ), having come from a car with one pedal i would welcome it.

One annoyance that gets me is having to actually depress the button on the door handle for it to pop out rather than just swiping your finger across or taking it one step further to have the car unlock automatically with proximity of the key in your pocket.

• Thumbs Up 1