BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

macahoom

13 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Did you get wireless Apple CarPlay and the unnecessary 3 fingers adjustment of air con settings. ?

I don’t use an IPhone anymore and I adjust air con settings using voice control so I’m afraid I can’t answer your question. BYD as far as I know don’t actually advise what the update consists of.

• Thanks 2

Just received an email from BYD Thailand which links to a questionnaire, in English language also, regarding your satisfaction/complaints about the car.

I suggest that all Seal users on here take some time to fill the questionnaire, primarily to highlight any faults you have experienced or any changes you would like to see.

IMG_3989.thumb.jpeg.ae281f01686cbc5c7898bc8d3e27336d.jpeg

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, UWEB said:

Haven't got the mail yet, may be not for all?

I received the email yesterday and the questionnaire ends May31st, not sure why the short duration or why some Seal owners, who submitted an email, didn’t receive it.

Maybe many deleted it without realising what it is, the email title is not very forthcoming !

IMG_3994.jpeg.880794fa0e81e2fdfbbf9f794da11b35.jpeg

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I received the email yesterday and the questionnaire ends May31st, not sure why the short duration or why some Seal owners, who submitted an email, didn’t receive it.

Maybe many deleted it without realising what it is, the email title is not very forthcoming !

IMG_3994.jpeg.880794fa0e81e2fdfbbf9f794da11b35.jpeg

I'm a Atto owner....I got such an email yesterday but instead of talking BYD Seal it talked BYD Atto. 

I expect all BYD owners (i.e., Seal, Atto, Dolphin, etc) are getting such an email.

• Like 1

I thought you might recognize this charger operated by Plux and installed at a town Centre hotel in Chiang Rai.

Its cheaper to use the charger than pay the hotel’s parking charge.

Apparently they are waterproof too.

IMG_1073.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Is this the new firmware? 

This week is just horrible. There is a BYD bit coming, bear with me.

We run a large LAN on this housing estate involving 5 houses with corresponding long-range WiFi bridges linking up all the houses to share internet and other things attached, it’s managed by a managed switch. One of our tenants unplugged a wireless access point and plugged their internet feed into a router with WAN port on Saturday that told our managed switch it had an internet connection.  Consequently, the switch tried to load balance and it randomly sent all WiFi traffic to it. My customer has their own internet too, this connection is just used to control the swimming pool, lake perimeter lights, outside lights and a few other IoT switches.  I couldn’t figure it out. CAT Telecom sent out 6 guys for 2 days, they replaced the router but gave it the wrong LAN address, unfortunately that reversed the problem, mobiles were working but wired connections were not. I spotted that hence the visit the second day. The new router only fixed it for a while. By a process of deduction, I eventually figured either the managed switch was faulty (it refused connections on the management port) or the access point in their electric room had decided it was a router.  I bought a new access point and ordered a big managed switch (we had run out of ports). As soon as I looked in their electric room (they call it Bruce’s room) I spotted it straight away. An old router the previous tenant had left there now replaced my old access point. 

By about 4pm we had a stable network again.

An hour later the lights flickered a few times and the power went out.  I worked out the underground power cable to my house had broken in the same place it broke 3 years ago.  When I built this house, the sparky put a join in the cable he laid, he didn’t tell me, he didn’t tell me, he though he was going me a favor by saving a few baht.

It failed within a month, and I am almost certain it’s failed in the same spot.

So last night, BYD Seal to the rescue with V2L. We ran fans and phone chargers, fortunately it was a cold night.

IMG_1083.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Is this the new firmware? 

This week is just horrible. There is a BYD bit coming, bear with me.

We run a large LAN on this housing estate involving 5 houses with corresponding long-range WiFi bridges linking up all the houses to share internet and other things attached, it’s managed by a managed switch. One of our tenants unplugged a wireless access point and plugged their internet feed into a router with WAN port on Saturday that told our managed switch it had an internet connection.  Consequently, the switch tried to load balance and it randomly sent all WiFi traffic to it. My customer has their own internet too, this connection is just used to control the swimming pool, lake perimeter lights, outside lights and a few other IoT switches.  I couldn’t figure it out. CAT Telecom sent out 6 guys for 2 days, they replaced the router but gave it the wrong LAN address, unfortunately that reversed the problem, mobiles were working but wired connections were not. I spotted that hence the visit the second day. The new router only fixed it for a while. By a process of deduction, I eventually figured either the managed switch was faulty (it refused connections on the management port) or the access point in their electric room had decided it was a router.  I bought a new access point and ordered a big managed switch (we had run out of ports). As soon as I looked in their electric room (they call it Bruce’s room) I spotted it straight away. An old router the previous tenant had left there now replaced my old access point. 

By about 4pm we had a stable network again.

An hour later the lights flickered a few times and the power went out.  I worked out the underground power cable to my house had broken in the same place it broke 3 years ago.  When I built this house, the sparky put a join in the cable he laid, he didn’t tell me, he didn’t tell me, he though he was going me a favor by saving a few baht.

It failed within a month, and I am almost certain it’s failed in the same spot.

So last night, BYD Seal to the rescue with V2L. We ran fans and phone chargers, fortunately it was a cold night.

IMG_1083.jpeg

That is the latest version but has been around for some months now so not exactly new.

Mine is exactly the same ( except for IMEI and ICCID ).

The new version ( 2403 ) is expected anytime soon and has been implemented on the Dolphin already, but could possibly have a different version number.

3 hours ago, Pib said:

For Android the latest version is 2.1.2 released 4 Jun 2024.  I have it installed and don't see in changes.  Expect just some minor tweaks/bug fixes occurred (a.k.a., optimizations)...see below snapshots from Google Play.

Screenshot_20240607_080135_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.5134aeff1e22c7345fe1157fb5c6fc13.jpgScreenshot_20240607_075023_GooglePlayStore.jpg.d853bdcdc87b6442127b977cc9a419cc.jpg

Ironically i looked at the BYD app in the App Store and it says the same as your Android details, went back to the app and it has upgraded again !!

IMG_4103.jpeg.2bb72d7c5b429c1eb61000966ed03a92.jpeg

IMG_4104.thumb.jpeg.f2f2bbf1649e044ab55ea7268ab71f28.jpeg

Can’t keep up !

• Thumbs Up 1

The BYD route planner is a bit basic to say the least.

It’s not been a problem for me as I tend to use Apple car play and Google Maps. I have yet to do a journey over 600km so never worried about charging on route, but this may change.

saw this video about ABRP. What do others do?

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, UWEB said:

This morning I have got the update, downloaded and installed. App has now Vehicle position, but there is a bug as App shows Doors are not locked while they are correct closed and locked.

Saw your post and jumped in the car. No little bell 🔔 icon saying there was an update. Checked for update and it did the usual check for update and back to check for update screen.

Was about to give up when noticed 🔔 had appeared 

@UWEB thanks for posting 

IMG_4348.thumb.jpeg.80667c76e753ab975370a1d6853e62de.jpeg

IMG_4349.thumb.jpeg.48a4f3c404d97d4d4daa876d1326e2b8.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, UWEB said:

This morning I have got the update, downloaded and installed. App has now Vehicle position, but there is a bug as App shows Doors are not locked while they are correct closed and locked.

Yup, downloaded and installed just now.

BYD App has the same doors unlocked anomaly plus I don’t have vehicle location !!

Wireless Apple CarPlay, cannot connect .

The bringing up of fan speed/temp on the screen using 3 fingers seems a bit hit and miss as to which option appears.

All in all a non event for me !!

I do wish they would itemise these OTA’s , seems like only word of mouth to find out what has actually changed.

I swear the indicators and warnings ( parking sensors noticeably ) have reduced the volume, whether there’s some way to adjust that or you get what you get remains to be seen!

Anyone else noticed any changes from this OTA ?

I forgot to mention there’s also a separate update for voice control, English, Thai, and a couple of others.

This is from the V1.2 update on a Seal in Brazil a month ago, I didn’t see that page when i updated today, presumably here in Thailand would be the same or very similar.

IMG_4144.jpeg.263bb1e0f3d6218bab0747a67e600072.jpeg

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I do wish they would itemise these OTA’s , seems like only word of mouth to find out what has actually changed.

I swear the indicators and warnings ( parking sensors noticeably ) have reduced the volume, whether there’s some way to adjust that or you get what you get remains to be seen!

Anyone else noticed any changes from this OTA ?

I forgot to mention there’s also a separate update for voice control, English, Thai, and a couple of others.

This is from the V1.2 update on a Seal in Brazil a month ago, I didn’t see that page when i updated today, presumably here in Thailand would be the same or very similar.

IMG_4144.jpeg.263bb1e0f3d6218bab0747a67e600072.jpeg

Voice recognition has worsened. It seems like there is an improved vocabulary library so it’s now trying out new words with me. 

For example, I once instructed it to open driver window and it replied that function is not supported yet with the screen showed “Oban wind down”.

With the 3 fingered moves, you need to swipe slowly, unlike in Tinder. Up/down controls fan speed, left/right controls temp. You need to have really long hands though for this to work well without having to lean forward a lot lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

Voice recognition has worsened. It seems like there is an improved vocabulary library so it’s now trying out new words with me. 

For example, I once instructed it to open driver window and it replied that function is not supported yet with the screen showed “Oban wind down”.

With the 3 fingered moves, you need to swipe slowly, unlike in Tinder. Up/down controls fan speed, left/right controls temp. You need to have really long hands though for this to work well without having to lean forward a lot lol.

Yes, I was just playing with the air con control update and if you are not careful ( go slow ) it shoots up to 7 or 30° !!

Might be handy if you forget to start air con remotely and want to cool the car down ( i use this all the time via app and remote ) but otherwise … meh !

• Like 1