Then you don’t have the latest version which includes:

Browser 

Karaoke

Manual

Ability to close Daytime Running Lights 

AVAS button to turn off pedestrian warning sounds 

( maybe other things I don’t remember )

Some software tweaks.

Nothing earth shattering but maybe the tweaks are worthwhile and I think you already have AVAS ?

Seems strange that they haven’t updated your car yet.

When I received mine  on Nov 30th it was already 2310080.1 and 14 days later I received the update to 2310180.1

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Thanks, should I get a notification sometime for it to update? I’ve had the car three months and not had any notification yet?

Do you have a car to home Wifi connection setup when parked at home and/or do you have the car's mobile data turned on? 

If you don't have a Wifi or mobile connection when doing a software update check you will never receive an update as BYD is not able to talk to your EV.....nor would would the firmware/software notification magically appear one day even if you don't do any manual latest software check.   You would need to go to the dealer to get the software update.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I do have a home Wi-Fi connection, set up, and I believe it does connect to my Wi-Fi

A quick swipe down from the top of home screen should tell if is connected .

IMG_3177.thumb.jpeg.aff5b8015b8ac4e8d6b0659b24b94aeb.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I do have a home Wi-Fi connection, set up, and I believe it does connect to my Wi-Fi

Be sure to confirm you indeed have a Wifi connection.....and check to make sure the mobile data is also turned on.  I notice just last week my mobile data was turned off....I had to turn it back on....I probably turned it off by mistake when playing around with infotainment settings.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Pib said:

Do you have a car to home Wifi connection setup when parked at home and/or do you have the car's mobile data turned on? 

If you don't have a Wifi or mobile connection when doing a software update check you will never receive an update as BYD is not able to talk to your EV.....nor would would the firmware/software notification magically appear one day even if you don't do any manual latest software check.   You would need to go to the dealer to get the software update.

You just made this up, right? or maybe I misread...........

..........'as BYD is not able to talk to your EV' - how exactly do you think you get information about your car on your BYD app? or turn your AC on or off?

BYD could very well do the OTA update without WIFI, why they chose not to is anybody's guess, maybe they are afraid to be hassled when using the network data plan? That would not be a problem for most - in my case, I use less than 20% of the 2GB monthly data allocation.

8 hours ago, mistral53 said:

You just made this up, right? or maybe I misread...........

..........'as BYD is not able to talk to your EV' - how exactly do you think you get information about your car on your BYD app? or turn your AC on or off?

BYD could very well do the OTA update without WIFI, why they chose not to is anybody's guess, maybe they are afraid to be hassled when using the network data plan? That would not be a problem for most - in my case, I use less than 20% of the 2GB monthly data allocation.

BYD servers and the car need an internet connection to talk to each other....either Wifi or mobile.   JBChiangRai has not mentioned since he raised his question regarding is his Seal's firmware/software up to date as to if he uses the BYD App and if he can "currently" make a connection to the car with the BYD app (which requires an internet connection) to check on tire pressure, is the car locked, etc.   Maybe you know his BYD app is currently connecting to the his car....but I don't know that since he didn't say anything about the BYD app currently making a connection.

If he uses the BYD app he should be able to check to see if he has a connection to the car even from Vietnam if the app is on the phone he has right now.   If he does use the app and can check things like tire pressure, charge level, etc., then he has either a Wifi or mobile connection right now and "should" be able to get a notification that a software update is available.   I think that level of communications is done at a very basic level....very little information going back and forth between the servers and car.  I think it's done similarly to how a person can use  phone dial codes to ping your mobile service provider to check on on certain things like balance, data used, just very basic stuff that such a ping/inquiry will return a reply...just a simple code query retrieves certain information like is your software up to date or not. 

HOWEVER, BUT, when it come to actually downloading the OTA update which is many megabytes of data that a Wifi/mobile connection is needed.   And I remember reading somewhere that these OTA updates do not count against a person's monthly 2GB data allotment.

Just for example a variety of things besides a Wifi/mobile connection issues can cause BYD OTA updates not to arrive...like below info from the New Zealand BYD website.

https://www.bydauto.co.nz/news/byd-ota-over-the-air-updates

What to do if you don’t receive the update?

If you don’t receive the update, you can follow up with your closest BYD service dealer. There are a number of reasons why you may not get the update, including vehicles delivered prior to December 1st 2022 which are yet to have the new sim card replacement, or if you haven’t completed previous updates. A strong Wi-Fi connection is recommended, although the car’s cellular 4G will work as long as you are in an area with strong Spark NZ coverage. BYD strongly recommends all owners complete the OTA upgrades as they become available.

HOWEVER, even 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So, here’s a little video about OTA updates and what to expect if you have not experienced it before.

NOTE: this is Australia so is a couple of months after us here in Thailand. The version number is more advanced than ours but I believe that number is date based so while might look like a newer version is possibly the same as they don’t appear to be getting anything above what we already have..

Thai version 2310

Aus version 2401.

https://youtu.be/pwta4gemmDs?si=LFzNYXDuhGp31wwu

What might be interesting to some Seal owners is the Aus owner doesn’t want to side load any third party apps so he uses a CarLink Kit, looks very neat and nifty device which would be ideal for anyone wanting to have other apps ( google maps, browser, Netflix, YouTube etc) without any possible warranty issues.
I am assuming these boxes will give access to more apps than Android or IOS , I don’t really know.

Anyway , starts around the 6.00 minute mark for anyone interested.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

byd reduced the prices for all three seal models....

IMG_20240326_181104.thumb.jpg.1f846c44f28f69287ac48b898f033676.jpg

Presumably these promotion prices are during the Motor Show and possibly only if ordered at the show ?

So that’s 

126k off Dynamic 

50k off Premium 

100k off Performance 

That’s a healthy discount but there will be some healthy EV competition at the Show this time.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, UWEB said:

Was at BYD Pran Buri this morning, above prices are available in all BYD Shops. Looked for the new 2024 Atto 3 extended Range, price is 1049,999.00 THB, so 150K down from 2023.

Do you know what "free" stuff is included?

1 hour ago, UWEB said:

What do you understand under "free Stuff"?

I think what he means is the wall charger and installation plus 1 year first class insurance and free servicing.

When the Dolphin was released it didn’t have the free service plan or a wall charger ( could buy for 25k with installation ) and then it all came back for free at a later date, plus I think they increased the insurance to 2 years ( not 100% sure that was the Dolphin ).

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, UWEB said:

Was at BYD Pran Buri this morning, above prices are available in all BYD Shops. Looked for the new 2024 Atto 3 extended Range, price is 1049,999.00 THB, so 150K down from 2023.

Yeap...the competition cut-throat pricing continues....not just for EVs for many ICEVs also.  Can make a person gun-shy at buying anything right now...probably best to wait till at least mid 2024 when the cut-throat pricing should have settled down....prices are "not" going up anytime soon IMO.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Pib said:

This is what BYD considers the "free stuff.:

image.png.c19cb109fa293543a0409f6ad4867f87.png

In case it wasn't clear, I was asking if the "free" stuff is still included at the new lower price of the car.

24 minutes ago, macahoom said:

In case it wasn't clear, I was asking if the "free" stuff is still included at the new lower price of the car.

Yes, still included. Available colors are white, black and grey only at the moment.

• Thanks 2

A snapshot from the Dept of Land Transport (DLT) showing BYD "registrations" for March 2024.  Registration means the vehicle sale has completed the entire process and blue book issued.   The 1132 number is the total number of individual model registrations...total of the column to the left.   

For the various Seal models, the EXD RWD model (a.k.a., Premium model) was the most registered Seal model followed by the Performance AWD model and Dynamic RWD model, respectively.

image.png.a7485485c2251df1ce6cd6b8526b993e.png

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Pib said:

A snapshot from the Dept of Land Transport (DLT) showing BYD "registrations" for March 2024.  Registration means the vehicle sale has completed the entire process and blue book issued.   The 1132 number is the total number of individual model registrations...total of the column to the left.   

For the various Seal models, the EXD RWD model (a.k.a., Premium model) was the most registered Seal model followed by the Performance AWD model and Dynamic RWD model, respectively.

image.png.a7485485c2251df1ce6cd6b8526b993e.png

How do March 2024 EV sales compare to March 2023?

I am sure Vinny is watching with baited breath

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Per DLT data, RY1 Passenger Cars (7 people or less) registrations for Mar 2023 and Mar 2024

All RY1 (EV, ICE, Hybrid.etc)        EV Only

Mar 2023       66,061                                          6,204  (9.4% of All RY1)

Mar 2024       45,315                                          4,720   (10.4% of All RY1)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

I think some brands will be in for a shock this year

If we look at BYD sales for 2023 from February 1st 2023 to 31st Jan 2024 the total sales were 37,334

https://autolifethailand.tv/register-ev-bev-thailand-dec-2023/

Byd sales for 2024 from February 1st 2024 to 31st March 2024 are 2,218

Rever has set "cautious, but realistic targets" for this year, after delivering 40,000 BYD cars in 2023. "Best case scenario is 100,000 units, worst case is 60,000.

Their worst case projection figure means selling 5,000 cars every month x 12

Their best case projection figure means selling  8,333 cars every month x 12

January 2024 sales figures ( February 2024 registrations ) were 1,068

February 2024 sales figures ( March 2024 registrations ) were 1,132

Edited by vinny41
add

BYD Seal AWD: Another trip to BKK, total distance run: 425 km; remaining battery: 7% or 35 km - so realistically, the max range is 450 km max. (my wife would probably do +5%)

Parameters: 95% of time 2 people, about 25 km with 3 on board. Temperature: outside of BKK and suburbs, around 34C, in the city 37C (per BYD gauge) speed outside city: max 120 km/h, most of the time around 110 to 115; driving mode setting: normal

Conclusion: the range is OK, but I would not want to have any less; the non AWD model is the more sensible selection....... but could I really live without the ooommp on occasion?  😁

On a totally different subject: Am I the only one who finds the 'two blink' one touch turn signal very odd, if not to say nonsense? I have had this feature on every car going back over 20 years, all car had 3 blink one touch turn signals.......... what's up with BYD? Are all BYD models like this?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

BYD Seal AWD: Another trip to BKK, total distance run: 425 km; remaining battery: 7% or 35 km - so realistically, the max range is 450 km max. (my wife would probably do +5%)

Parameters: 95% of time 2 people, about 25 km with 3 on board. Temperature: outside of BKK and suburbs, around 34C, in the city 37C (per BYD gauge) speed outside city: max 120 km/h, most of the time around 110 to 115; driving mode setting: normal

Conclusion: the range is OK, but I would not want to have any less; the non AWD model is the more sensible selection....... but could I really live without the ooommp on occasion?  😁

On a totally different subject: Am I the only one who finds the 'two blink' one touch turn signal very odd, if not to say nonsense? I have had this feature on every car going back over 20 years, all car had 3 blink one touch turn signals.......... what's up with BYD? Are all BYD models like this?

The extra blink is broken, it's on the blink

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, mistral53 said:

so realistically, the max range is 450 km max.

On a recent 351km trip in my AWD I got a much better range than you, but it was because of my lower average speed.

I travelled 351 km and used 64% . Extrapolated, that's a total range of 548km.

My speed was mostly between 80 and 90 kph, normal mode (some sport), iTAC on. Two people onboard, and quite a lot of luggage. 

As for the temperature, what do you think?

• Thanks 1