Thai Workers in Israel Choose to Stay, Confident in Safety Measures

snoop1130

1698738783_479722-tnamcot-768x406.jpg

Ā 

BANGKOK, OCT 31 (TNA) ā€“ Groups of Thai workers who have chosen not to return home from Israel continue their work despite the Hamas-Israel war as they are confident in the safety measures of the Israel authorities.

Ā 

The MCOT news team in Chiang Mai had a conversation with Mr. Yolchok Lunpichit, also known as ā€œTonā€ who is now working in Israel alongside nearly 20 other Thai workers to harvest crops in the central upper part of Israel, near Tel Aviv, more than 100 kilometers away from Gaza. After moving away from the Gaza border area, they have encountered some occasional rocket attacks, but Israelā€™s Iron Dome defense system has effectively protected their working area, confirming its safety.

Ā 

Full story:Ā Thai News AgencyĀ 2023-10-31

Ā 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plansĀ click here.

Ā 

Get our Daily Newsletter - ClickĀ HEREĀ to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 2

Good for them, they now know the concerns, and am sure Israel will now introduce more stringent surveillance and emergency procedures.

Ā 

Plus, the backbone of Hamas will be a shadow of its former self when the dust settles...ā˜ŗļø

• Like 2

After a month or two I suspect many of those who returned to no work in Thailand will wish they relocated in Israel the same and still have an income.

As it is they will still owe money to agents for going out their, and now expenses to be brought back.

Then they will have to find money to go elsewhere...Ā 

• Like 2

Ok, do you want to risk military invasion , kidnapping , and possibility of being Ā murdered. Or go back to Thailand... Ā And the Thai thinks for a half second.. Says I will stay, and wanders off into the market...Ā 

Edited by Gknrd

1 hour ago, Gknrd said:

Ok, do you want to risk military invasion , kidnapping , and possibility of being Ā murdered. Or go back to Thailand... Ā And the Thai thinks for a half second.. Says I will stay, and wanders off into the market...Ā 

Much more likelihood of getting killed back home in Thailand. Plus the added disincentive of lousy wages and debt. Stay away as long as you can.

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Ā 

First, the Israeli military will be protecting them.Ā  They will have the same issues as they had in previous years.Ā  Israelis have been preparing and are prepared.Ā  also, what do you think happens to Somchai when he comes back and can not pay the debt or needs to borrow to pay for his family lifestyle that they have had.

Ā 

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Truth be known most can't afford to return to Thailand šŸ¤‘

Most Will have debts needed to be paid back. Recruitment and money

lenders šŸ˜±

Ā 

I agree, but along with the debt they have to pay and the cost of coming back, there is also the lifestyle and upkeep of the family that they have been paying.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Personally, I think working in Israel is better than coming home and listening to my wife and family beaching about not having this or that and why.Ā  Wifey is not going to be the big money lady in the village now>