Thai-Ghanaian football player condemns racist Thai referee

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Personally, I've never heard a Thai use the word and I don't think they understand it - they usually revert in reference to a Cadbury or Hershey's product.

I used to hear often especially in Bangkok, they refer to him Sii Dam the N word came along later, 

5 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It's a deliberate choice of a combination words to be offensive. 

Ai Farang is crass and maybe intent as derogatory, but I wouldn't say offensive, there is nothing to be offended about, but to have such shop talk coming out of a minister's mouth however reflects more on the speaker 

it all depends on the way it's being said 

Farang, Dam (Black), or just simple 'You' or 'Oun' (Fattie) can be used in place of pronouns by Thais trying to communicate, endearingly or as snide 

33 minutes ago, connda said:

You mean this? 
"In the English language, the word negro is a term historically used to denote persons considered to be of Black African heritage. The word negro means the color black in both Spanish and in Portuguese , where English took it from. The term can be construed as offensive, inoffensive, or completely neutral, largely depending on the region or country where it is used, as well as the context in which it is applied."

Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negro

yes

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

football player condemned a racist Thai referee

As a former soccer referee with International experience, I can assure you this sort of racist behaviour was totally unacceptable. Maybe this Thai referee should be shown one of these resulting in a permanent ban (if proven). 

It would be interesting to know if this referee (like the one in the picture below) was "wired up" and in contact with his other officials who might have heard his comments.

Football referee and red card Stock Photos - Page 1 : Masterfile

• Love It 1