Thai University Students

Fortunateson

Over a number of years, I have seen university students in Bangkok, usually in malls, on the sky train, etc, but I have not visited a university campus so have not seen them at school.  What has me puzzled is that 99% of these students never seem to be carrying books or a laptop.  Can someone with knowledge of this please explain to me how the study process works.  Are computers not used in Thai universities?  Do they use books at all, or only at school?  Is homework or outside of classroom projects assigned?  I know that some of you will think that I am taking the pizzz, and I realize that a Thai university may not have the most stringent academic standards, but I am curious as to how the learning process works

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When my adult Thai wife went back to school to get her MBA at a private university in Bangkok, the students in her group seemed to handle textbooks in a couple of ways that didn't involve carrying them around.

1. The teachers would often photocopy sections of books from foreign textbooks, and then distribute the photocopies to the students, so they didn't have to buy the textbooks, which would have been pretty pricey.

and 2.  They could buy some other textbooks, but often instead would simply use a couple of copies kept in the school's library, and go and read and study from those there...

But that was for their graduate program... Not sure if the same would have applied for their undergraduate classes.

I studied at Thammasat (4th year) and, yes, it’s like any other university (homework, assignments, team projects, etc).

The students complained how difficult it was, I just thought oh come to Canada and you’ll experience difficult. But it was the same during my studies in Canada where students complained and I thought oh come to Germany and you’ll experience difficult. 
So, no, studying in Thailand is not difficult. I got As with minimum effort and B+/Bs without any effort.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PJ71 said:

Why am i a perv?

On 11/2/2023 at 4:53 PM, PJ71 said:

Uni students - yummy.

This is why, backed up by this post. 

9 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

Some of us have kids at university and the last thing we want is AN pervs anywhere near them.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I see many students in the malls in the coffee shops such as the True one in Siam Paragon, studying or doing their homework. I always presumed they were there because it was likely better than at home, with fast wifi, free air-con and their friends.

6 minutes ago, champers said:

Don't believe i was speaking to you?

Anyway i guess there's some people on here with 1/2 thai daughters at Uni that think they're not getting pumped, bit naive really....

ps - i'm a good catch.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Hang on, when I studied at a Thai uni, it was the horny 18 year old virgins that were creepin' around me, not the other way about, I'll have you know.

And now you are on Asean Now surrounded by 60 year old virgins 

Edited by Celsius
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Hang on, when I studied at a Thai uni, it was the horny 18 year old virgins that were creepin' around me, not the other way about, I'll have you know.

Thank you.

He's got the blinkers on that his daughter is not getting her hole at Uni.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1