YouTube blocking

Bangkok Barry

Just now, Gottfrid said:

That just shows how little you know. I already wrote that you can use a different service if you wish to see the content if available. Other option are VPN. What they can do, is block your access based on IP address, unit used, possible email or other personal information you have added and are live in from a Google service at the same time. My choice is to not need to do that, by paying for a Youtube Premium subscription. You are free to go with your choice. I have just talked about the possibility and rights to block content as well as terms and conditions.

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

I’m happy to read the excerpt where it states that legally I am compelled to view ads to utilise the service. Please post that paragraph here. Thank you. 

As I said, you did not understand what you just read. Sorry, can´t help you with that. It´s your job. 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

That just shows how little you know. I already wrote that you can use a different service if you wish to see the content if available. Other option are VPN. What they can do, is block your access based on IP address, unit used, possible email or other personal information you have added and are live in from a Google service at the same time.

But I don’t need to use a different service, I can use YouTube under their terms and conditions. 

Just now, NextG said:

But I don’t need to use a different service, I can use YouTube under their terms and conditions. 

You can, but you risk being blocked if you do not follow the terms and conditions. In the short version I gave you link to, it stands a person uploading content give Google a set of rights. In the terms and conditions for advertising and watching ads, there are more info. In the full terms and conditions for YouTube you will have the full scope. However, you have to look and read yourself. I am not your daddy. Neither am I your servant.

Just now, Gottfrid said:

As I said, you did not understand what you just read. Sorry, can´t help you with that. It´s your job. 🙂 

I read it. You cannot help me because you just made up some rule that doesn’t exist in the terms and conditions. I can publish them here for you. You can highlight the relevant part ☺️
You’ve been busted. You come on here acting like you know something and you’ve been exposed as a FRAUD. 
Show the paragraph where it states that you have to view advertisements to utilise the service. It doesn’t exist. You are just pathetic. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Gottfrid said:

You can, but you risk being blocked if you do not follow the terms and conditions. In the short version I gave you link to, it stands a person uploading content give Google a set of rights. In the terms and conditions for advertising and watching ads, there are more info. In the full terms and conditions for YouTube you will have the full scope. However, you have to look and read yourself. I am not your daddy. Neither am I your servant.

You just made up the part about “watching ads”. I read the whole thing. 

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Have a nice day, Sir. No have more time. You got your answers and explanations. Deal with it the way you find suitable.

Your Use of the Service

Content on the Service
The content on the Service includes videos, audio (for example music and other sounds), graphics, photos, text (such as comments and scripts), branding (including trade names, trademarks, service marks, or logos), interactive features, software, metrics, and other materials whether provided by you, YouTube or a third-party (collectively, "Content”).

Content is the responsibility of the person or entity that provides it to the Service. YouTube is under no obligation to host or serve Content. If you see any Content you believe does not comply with this Agreement, including by violating the Community Guidelines or the law, you can report it to us.

Google Accounts and YouTube Channels
You can use parts of the Service, such as browsing and searching for Content, without having a Google account. However, you do need a Google account to use some features. With a Google account, you may be able to like videos, subscribe to channels, create your own YouTube channel, and more. You can follow these instructions to create a Google account.

Creating a YouTube channel will give you access to additional features and functions, such as uploading videos, making comments or creating playlists (where available). Here are some details about how to create your own YouTube channel.

To protect your Google account, keep your password confidential. You should not reuse your Google account password on third-party applications. Learn more about keeping your Google account secure, including what to do if you learn of any unauthorised use of your password or Google account.

Your Information
Our Privacy Policy explains how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use the Service. The YouTube Kids Privacy Notice provides additional information about our privacy practices that are specific to YouTube Kids.

We will process any audio or audiovisual content uploaded by you to the Service in accordance with the YouTube Data Processing Terms, except in cases where you uploaded such content for personal purposes or household activities. Learn More.

Permissions and Restrictions
You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law. You may view or listen to Content for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also show YouTube videos through the embeddable YouTube player.

The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

1. access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as expressly authorized by the Service; or (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders;
  2. circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;
  3. access the Service using any automated means (such as robots, botnets or scrapers) except (a) in the case of public search engines, in accordance with YouTube’s robots.txt file; or (b) with YouTube’s prior written permission;
  4. collect or harvest any information that might identify a person (for example, usernames or faces), unless permitted by that person or allowed under section (3) above;
  5. use the Service to distribute unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other unwanted or mass solicitations;
  6. cause or encourage any inaccurate measurements of genuine user engagement with the Service, including by paying people or providing them with incentives to increase a video’s views, likes, or dislikes, or to increase a channel’s subscribers, or otherwise manipulate metrics in any manner;
  7. misuse any reporting, flagging, complaint, dispute, or appeals process, including by making groundless, vexatious, or frivolous submissions;
  8. run contests on or through the Service that do not comply with YouTube’s contest policies and guidelines;
  9. use the Service to view or listen to Content other than for personal, non-commercial use (for example, you may not publicly screen videos or stream music from the Service); or
  10. use the Service to (a) sell any advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on, around, or within the Service or Content, other than those allowed in the Advertising on YouTube policies (such as compliant product placements); or (b) sell advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of any website or application that only contains Content from the Service or where Content from the Service is the primary basis for such sales (for example, selling ads on a webpage where YouTube videos are the main draw for users visiting the webpage).

Nowhere does it state that watching advertisements forms part of any agreement. 

Actually adds are one thing - what YouTube is providing in many cases is pure Magic elixir tonic from the 1800's - one yesterday cured all eye issues known to man with an ice cube (if you click on their link).  Then there are the magic methods to make any girl fall in love with you without speaking a word or doing a thing.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Your Use of the Service

Content on the Service
The content on the Service includes videos, audio (for example music and other sounds), graphics, photos, text (such as comments and scripts), branding (including trade names, trademarks, service marks, or logos), interactive features, software, metrics, and other materials whether provided by you, YouTube or a third-party (collectively, "Content”).

Content is the responsibility of the person or entity that provides it to the Service. YouTube is under no obligation to host or serve Content. If you see any Content you believe does not comply with this Agreement, including by violating the Community Guidelines or the law, you can report it to us.

Google Accounts and YouTube Channels
You can use parts of the Service, such as browsing and searching for Content, without having a Google account. However, you do need a Google account to use some features. With a Google account, you may be able to like videos, subscribe to channels, create your own YouTube channel, and more. You can follow these instructions to create a Google account.

Creating a YouTube channel will give you access to additional features and functions, such as uploading videos, making comments or creating playlists (where available). Here are some details about how to create your own YouTube channel.

To protect your Google account, keep your password confidential. You should not reuse your Google account password on third-party applications. Learn more about keeping your Google account secure, including what to do if you learn of any unauthorised use of your password or Google account.

Your Information
Our Privacy Policy explains how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use the Service. The YouTube Kids Privacy Notice provides additional information about our privacy practices that are specific to YouTube Kids.

We will process any audio or audiovisual content uploaded by you to the Service in accordance with the YouTube Data Processing Terms, except in cases where you uploaded such content for personal purposes or household activities. Learn More.

Permissions and Restrictions
You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law. You may view or listen to Content for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also show YouTube videos through the embeddable YouTube player.

The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

1. access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as expressly authorized by the Service; or (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders;
  2. circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;
  3. access the Service using any automated means (such as robots, botnets or scrapers) except (a) in the case of public search engines, in accordance with YouTube’s robots.txt file; or (b) with YouTube’s prior written permission;
  4. collect or harvest any information that might identify a person (for example, usernames or faces), unless permitted by that person or allowed under section (3) above;
  5. use the Service to distribute unsolicited promotional or commercial content or other unwanted or mass solicitations;
  6. cause or encourage any inaccurate measurements of genuine user engagement with the Service, including by paying people or providing them with incentives to increase a video’s views, likes, or dislikes, or to increase a channel’s subscribers, or otherwise manipulate metrics in any manner;
  7. misuse any reporting, flagging, complaint, dispute, or appeals process, including by making groundless, vexatious, or frivolous submissions;
  8. run contests on or through the Service that do not comply with YouTube’s contest policies and guidelines;
  9. use the Service to view or listen to Content other than for personal, non-commercial use (for example, you may not publicly screen videos or stream music from the Service); or
  10. use the Service to (a) sell any advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on, around, or within the Service or Content, other than those allowed in the Advertising on YouTube policies (such as compliant product placements); or (b) sell advertising, sponsorships, or promotions on any page of any website or application that only contains Content from the Service or where Content from the Service is the primary basis for such sales (for example, selling ads on a webpage where YouTube videos are the main draw for users visiting the webpage).

Nowhere does it state that watching advertisements forms part of any agreement. 

Ok, just follow this link. After that, no more need for discussion. Allow ads on videos that you watch - YouTube Help (google.com)

And you were right. I did post again. Just to educate you, per your own wish. Please do not return and tell you do not understand the legal language in the terms.

Edited by Gottfrid

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually adds are one thing - what YouTube is providing in many cases is pure Magic elixir tonic from the 1800's - one yesterday cured all eye issues known to man with an ice cube (if you click on their link).  Then there are the magic methods to make any girl fall in love with you without speaking a word or doing a thing.  

That´s another thing, and should also according to terms and conditions be removed by YouTube.

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

But when you click through, there is no mention of it in their ‘terms of service’. 
Of course if you are weak hearted sheep, you’ll believe anything you are told. 
They can test it in court, and get laughed out summarily. 

I reckon he works for the MPAA or the RIAA. "Shut up and give us your money" 😉

8 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh my god. I told you, I can´t help you understand the legal language used.

If Google has a problem, they can sue the Browser and anti malware developers. Same with Windows; I disable all of the Telemetry. Of course they’d like me to keep it all enabled. But just like I say to Google; it’s a hard NO. 

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

I think he has ‘issues’. Most of his posts run along the same lines. 

Just the typical capitalist mindset. "I risked it all to create this business so bow down to me and pay whatever I ask."

Now if you'll excuse me I'm off to steal some potatoes.

22 minutes ago, NextG said:

But when you click through, there is no mention of it in their ‘terms of service’. 
Of course if you are weak hearted sheep, you’ll believe anything you are told. 
They can test it in court, and get laughed out summarily. 

Excuse me, isn´t it my choice to pay for Premium subscription? Why do you have to call me out for being a weak hearted sheep because of that? You are free to do it your way, but I am just pointing out that you risk blocking of certain content that way.

Just now, NextG said:

Exactly. The upside is that I don’t see any ads. Should I feel bad about that?

Still, you do not have to feel bad at all. You just risk getting content blocked in the long run. Just like all on this forum posted that you can overstay and just exit by the airport. They are closing in on that now too. Maybe you get blocked one day, who knows. Are you going to sue Google then, as it don´t hold water, like you said?

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

After that, you can call it stupid if you want. That´s your choice! However, I am happy to be stupid in your eyes, pay my 30 usd per month, and have access to all content ad and commercial free.

You live in the US ?

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Excuse me, isn´t it my choice to pay for Premium subscription? Why do you have to call me out for being a weak hearted sheep because of that? You are free to do it your way, but I am just pointing out that you risk blocking of certain content that way.

You are welcome to pay. Just don’t presume to tell other people what they must do. 

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

You are welcome to pay. Just don’t presume to tell other people what they must do. 

Never said anybody must do? Where do you see that? I have only posted a legal and secure way of not seeing ads and commercial on YouTube.

1 minute ago, Gottfrid said:

Why are you telling me that? It´s a free forum for discussions and posting as well as sharing opinions.

We know your opinion. Now go away. You’ve told us what you think and we’ve told you what we think. 

Just now, Gottfrid said:

Never said anybody must do? Where do you see that? I have only posted a legal and secure way of not seeing ads and commercial on YouTube.

It’s legal and secure what I’m doing now. Currently listening to music via YouTube… without ads. Free, secure and legal. 

Just now, Gottfrid said:

So, where do I say that you steal or accuse you for stealing? The only thing I post is that a shop does not make loss on ketchup, and that does not mean you steal the potato. And you told me that you understand legal language, but do not grasp what the does not mean you steal, means. But, on the other hand, the terms and conditions state that you are not allowed to block ads. Something that means you are violating the terms for watching the content on a privately owned service/platform. What do you call that? Smart?

On my privately owned device. If they don’t like it, they can try to block me. 

On 11/3/2023 at 10:48 AM, mstevens said:

Me too. I am staggered that so many people are so cheap and refuse to pay this paltry amount.

I like that I don't have to register and log in.  Yeah they can get the IP address etc but I like to keep my net identity minimal.

I don't use yt that much anyway.

Just now, bendejo said:

I like that I don't have to register and log in.  Yeah they can get the IP address etc but I like to keep my net identity minimal.

I don't use yt that much anyway.

Regarding the no need for registration and login, it´s a great service. Also, the ads, are quite short, so if not look much have no problem and can just click them away. I am using it much, as do my wife and kids, so I found it annoying to need to have the interruptions and made the choice to pay for YT Premium.