overstay problem

if he has a ticket out at the airport they kind of know what to do and what the procedure is. don't say anything at the airport, just act like you don't know anything about it and do what they tell you. slim chance, but possible some busy officer just waves you through.

good suggestion, I will keep that in mind when the time comes

16 minutes ago, vinci said:

i think best is to turn in at airport rather then any other place.

That's already been established by Tom Daniels some 15 hours ago so I don't know why you're still confused. 

All you need to do now is wait for the money transfer from the brother to clear and you're good to go.

I hope you're adding on a nice little service fee for yourself instead of messing around with lawyers who are very unlikely to be able to overturn a ban. ฿20k would swing it for me. 

43 minutes ago, vinci said:

sometimes a lawyer can do miracles if at the right price

Conventional wisdom on here says that it's very unlikely that you can pay your way out of a ban. If possible then you'll need to find a connect that has the juice with the right people, not some rando that's going to string you along for a couple hundred K.

If homie was paying for it himself I'd say have at it just for laughs but if you or big bro have to stump for it then you're both crazy to even think about it.

Sometimes tough love is the best kind of love. This is one of those times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jimn said:

I am afraid that as well meaning as you are, you are very naive about how this works. @Tod Danielshas given you the answer tight at the start of the thread. There are no lawyers who will be able to help and no large brown envelopes. Your so called friend has and is acting like a child. He needs to man up and take his ban by leaving via the airport immediately. Then after his ban is served and he grows up a bit, maybe he can come back.

also, when you give a brown envelope they can make an excuse, not deliver and say they tried and the money is gone because the target took it and ran. what then? you have no backup person to make sure the brown envelope is returned. it's a sign of being powerless in the first place and not playing by the rules. the only thing protecting you is fair play by the agent or word getting out about it to other customers. fair play is out the door by taking the payoff in the first place and you are not influential enough to have your gossip believed enough to effect future business.

2 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Lack of money?

Bus to southern border. 

Visa waiver into Malaysia.

Mama noodles for dinner.

Bench at bus station.

Mama noodles for brekkie.

Visa waiver into Thailand

Bus to Bangkok.

At most a couple thousand baht.

Or.........take the overstay, get buddy to fork over 20k for the fine and another 30k for flight home.  That frees up 50k for hookers and blow.

I have done the Malaysian border thing as many as 100 times over the years.

It was my typical visa extension thing til 2004 when they restricted it.

You can only do 2 runs per year these days.

Also .a bribe is expected when back in Thailand.

I repeat..the guy is broke and using whatever little money he has for food etc 

Visa runs are a luxury if you are in such a predicament 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

He's paying for the flight and fine because it's him who's the overstayer. All BS about the friend, me thinks panic has set in. 🤣😂🤣

so what, what difference does it make? it's an anonymous forum and you will never meet anyone on here. the profile pictures are fake.

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Say, if you had a child here at school who was born in Thailand to a non Thai mother and the child couldn't get Thai citizenship and you were unable to take your Child out of Thailand . 

The Mother then moved on and didn't want to take care of the child , so you were unable to get a long term visa or stay in Thailand . 

So you would have the option of either overstaying or putting your Child in a orphanage and then leaving Thailand .

I would overstay in that situation 

An bizarrely extreme hypothetical situation, not an excuse. 

"So you would have the option of either overstaying or putting your Child in a orphanage and then leaving Thailand".

Taking your child to its own country with you would be an alternative to dumping it in an orphanage while you buggered off home.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, farangbuffalo said:

Just tell immigration he only overstay because fell in love. Should get a big smile, wai and no ban

Maybe IO ask for she phone number. Potential Mia Noi if cute.

Talk to a lawyer? Bye-Bye big baht. Get an agent but no guarantees.🙃🙃

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

An bizarrely extreme hypothetical situation, not an excuse. 

"So you would have the option of either overstaying or putting your Child in a orphanage and then leaving Thailand".

Taking your child to its own country with you would be an alternative to dumping it in an orphanage while you buggered off home.

Its not actually a hypothetical situation though . 

The Mothers written permission would be needed to take the child abroad and a Thai Court may also need to give permission 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Although when you arrive back in Thailand next time, they will wonder why you didn't leave last time.........................and you will still be on overstay .

How they would know man, do you think their databases are so accorate or updated? I really doubt about it. I would give it a try, and worst case they refuse could you entry. And don't forget you earned 20.000 baht!

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, vangrop said:

How they would know man, do you think their databases are so accorate or updated? I really doubt about it. I would give it a try, and worst case they refuse could you entry. And don't forget you earned 20.000 baht!

Finger prints, facial recognition , same name and birth date .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

I am afraid that as well meaning as you are, you are very naive about how this works. @Tod Danielshas given you the answer tight at the start of the thread. There are no lawyers who will be able to help and no large brown envelopes. Your so called friend has and is acting like a child. He needs to man up and take his ban by leaving via the airport immediately. Then after his ban is served and he grows up a bit, maybe he can come back.

Spot on. The more I read of this thread the more "Manchild" became embedded in my brain.🙃🙃

17 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

There is zero chance he will not get the ban. <- meaning he WILL be banned

That's the ONLY thing they are hard as nails about and the banning periods are well known and well publicized 😕

Could someone explain WHY they are "hard as nails" on this subject?  I am not aware of any other country where this is such an unforgivable sin.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Could someone explain WHY they are "hard as nails" on this subject?  I am not aware of any other country where this is such an unforgivable sin.

Thailand with 1 year ban for up to a year overstay is a light penalty compared to Australia.

Over staying a visa in Australia for more than 28 days is a 3 year ban.

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Enter the United States with a 6 month visa and over stay 1 day = banned for life.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, proton said:

Immigration is too generous, I'd like to see a lifetime ban for any idiot overstaying for more than one year, there really is no excuse at all for it.

+1 

No excuse for over stayers. No pity from this camp.

• Sad 2