overstay problem

On 11/3/2023 at 12:46 PM, Jenkins9039 said:

Don't waste time booking him a flight, they will send him to court, then detention, spend 4 months there before expelling...

Shop him in for the commission (think you get rewards for that now).

It's people like him that makes it harder for the rest of us. 

So much wrong about this post... from being completely devoid of fact, to being jumped up grass, to some ridiculous hyperbolic exaggeration... 

... the mind boggles at what is really going on in some people's mind.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 11:17 PM, Tod Daniels said:

have him buy a ticket back to where ever it is he comes from, show up at the airport with 20K baht (the max the fine can be) pay the fine, sign the banning paperwork, get the 1 year ban if he's overstay under a year or get the 3 year ban if he's overstayed more than a year, and leave the country.

He won't have ANY issue at all doing what I just outlined IF he gets to the airport.

Can an agent help him? Unlikely, overstays are the one thing that are cut in stone, I mean you either overstayed your stamp or you didn't, and it's highly unlikely he 'forgot' he was on overstay for a year 😕 So I imagine he needs to suck it up, get the ban, go back to where he comes from, wait it out and then come back. 

Some Agents can help with overstay however a years overstay might be pushing it

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/3/2023 at 2:13 PM, JimTripper said:

if he has a ticket out at the airport they kind of know what to do and what the procedure is. don't say anything at the airport, just act like you don't know anything about it and do what they tell you. slim chance, but possible some busy officer just waves you through.

Not likely, they arrest, and send to the nearby tourist police centre (outside of the airport if Phuket), which results in charges, send to a cell, sent to court, then sent to Bangkok for deportation.

Having a flight booked out of the country is irrelevant.

They do this for fiscally hurting the individual, it sets an example.

4 hours ago, Jenkins9039 said:

Not likely, they arrest, and send to the nearby tourist police centre (outside of the airport if Phuket), which results in charges, send to a cell, sent to court, then sent to Bangkok for deportation.

Having a flight booked out of the country is irrelevant.

They do this for fiscally hurting the individual, it sets an example.

Nonsense. There are plenty of reports from people with lengthy overstays (and I mean multiple years) who were processed at the airport as described in this thread. You're just scaremongering.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

Nonsense. There are plenty of reports from people with lengthy overstays (and I mean multiple years) who were processed at the airport as described in this thread. You're just scaremongering.

Don't you read the news?

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-crackdown-results-in-188-arrests-in-one-year-90149.php

Could contain:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/3/2023 at 4:40 PM, Felton Jarvis said:

Could someone explain WHY they are "hard as nails" on this subject?  I am not aware of any other country where this is such an unforgivable sin.

It's an old Thai  principle called "Farang mai dee....we do because we CAN.  Must show farang who is BOSS!!!"

Edited by Felton Jarvis
CLARITY
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

It's an old Thai  principle called "Farang mai dee....we do because we CAN.  Must show farang who is BOSS!!!"

Many countries have similar rules for visa over staying

Schengen Area

and every overstaying, even just for a day, is recorded.

Secondly, intentional or unintentional, no overstaying is left unpunished. It could be fine, immediate deportation, or even getting banned from entering the Schengen Zone for a specific amount of time.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/90-180-day-rule/consequences-of-overstaying/

Turkey

Violation up to 3 Months: 3 month entry ban.

3 months – 6 month violation: 6 month entry ban.

6 months – 1 year violation: 1 year entry ban

1 year – 2 year violation: 2 – year entry ban.

Violation over 2 years illegal stay: automatic 5 – year ban on entry to Turkey

https://residencepermitturkey.com/turkish-deport-regulation-for-foreigners-turkey

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Many countries have similar rules for visa over staying

Schengen Area

and every overstaying, even just for a day, is recorded.

Secondly, intentional or unintentional, no overstaying is left unpunished. It could be fine, immediate deportation, or even getting banned from entering the Schengen Zone for a specific amount of time.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/90-180-day-rule/consequences-of-overstaying/

Turkey

Violation up to 3 Months: 3 month entry ban.

3 months – 6 month violation: 6 month entry ban.

6 months – 1 year violation: 1 year entry ban

1 year – 2 year violation: 2 – year entry ban.

Violation over 2 years illegal stay: automatic 5 – year ban on entry to Turkey

https://residencepermitturkey.com/turkish-deport-regulation-for-foreigners-turkey

Who the HELL wants to go to Turkey? Denmark and the Schengen Zone is first-world, not a developing backwater like Thailand.  Imperial overreach.

Edited by Felton Jarvis
Clarity
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Who the HELL wants to go to Turkey? Denmark and the Schengen Zone is first-world, not a developing backwater like Thailand.  Imperial overreach.

I assume that you don't travel much since you stated the Schengen Zone is first-world

Here are some of the first world countries

Schengen Area covers most of the EU countries, except Ireland, and the countries soon to be part of the Schengen Area: Romania, Bulgaria, and Cyprus. Although not members of the EU, countries like Norway, Iceland, Switzerland and Lichtenstein are also part of the Schengen zone.

The 27 Schengen countries are Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-countries-list/

• 1 month later...

Good luck Vinci.  Let us know if it is successful.  Lots of people in that same status.

Rogue Immigration agents can put the proper stamps in your passport to look legitimate.  But I really doubt they can go in immigration database and backdate data.  Any good database system does not allow backdating and also tracks person making the entries.  Anyone IMO trying to do that is easily busted.

Vinci shows up with appropriate stamps in passport but immigration database recognizes the fake entries.  Busted big time.  Just my IMHO.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, setbkk said:

Good luck Vinci.  Let us know if it is successful.  Lots of people in that same status.

Rogue Immigration agents can put the proper stamps in your passport to look legitimate.  But I really doubt they can go in immigration database and backdate data.  Any good database system does not allow backdating and also tracks person making the entries.  Anyone IMO trying to do that is easily busted.

Vinci shows up with appropriate stamps in passport but immigration database recognizes the fake entries.  Busted big time.  Just my IMHO.

That's not how fixers fix this. You're right about the database. 

On 11/5/2023 at 10:53 PM, BritTim said:

I am reasonably sure there is more to this story than someone who has passed through immigration (and presumably paid overstay fines and received a blacklisting stamp) subsequently being arrested at the departure gate prior to leaving the country. There are several possible scenarios that come to mind, but just leaving via an international flight with a long overstay is not one of them.

In original text of the news was noted that him was catched in the "international departures hall": "The scene unfolded at the international departures hall, where dreams of escaping the consequences were dashed by the vigilant officers." Some sites corrected the content and deleted it. I do not think that it may be done after the border control.

for all you Karan, he made it home just fine in fact he is already back in Bangkok with a visa, overstay is bannable but it does not mean you will get banned, the catch is with good reason and an understanding IO no ban is needed.

2 hours ago, vinci said:

for all you Karan, he made it home just fine in fact he is already back in Bangkok with a visa, overstay is bannable but it does not mean you will get banned, the catch is with good reason and an understanding IO no ban is needed.

Well you said he was "about a year" and less than 1 year overstay has no ban.

You also said you had to buy him a ticket and pay overstay fine. To return to Thailand so quick without funds is he just going to overstay again as no long-term visa?

• Confused 1