Rasmussen Reports Poll - 24% of US Citizens Say Someone They Know Died From COVID-19 Vaccine

Red Phoenix

By comparison in the UK, the government reported earlier this year that it had found 52 deaths where COVID vaccination was considered the underlying cause between March 2020 and January 2023... out of more than 150 million COVID vaccine doses administered.

And I believe, a fair share of those cased above involved the AZ vaccine used in the UK, which was never used or approved in the U.S.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/deathscausedbyvaccinesintheukin2023

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Depending on which data sources are used, the UK in comparison has reported somewhere between 180,000 and 220,000+ deaths involving COVID the disease:

"Just under 227,000 people died in the UK with Covid-19 listed as one of the causes on their death certificate."

Per the BBC as of July.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/deaths-covid-19

As reported by all credible sources from various places and agencies, deaths found actually related to COVID vaccines are extremely rare out of the numbers of vaccine doses administered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ICMRA statement on the safety of COVID-19 vaccines

"Evidence from the more than 13 billions of vaccine doses given worldwide shows that COVID-19 vaccines have a very good safety profile in all age groups.

As for all medicines, reports of medical events after COVID-19 vaccination (suspected side effects) are collected and continuously evaluated by the authorities. These evaluations show that in most cases the medical events were not caused by the vaccine."

"There is no evidence that COVID-19 vaccines have contributed to excess mortality during the pandemic."

https://icmra.info/drupal/strategicinitiatives/vaccines/safety_statement

About ICMRA
ICMRA brings together 38 medicines regulatory authorities from every region in the world, with the WHO as an observer.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's worth noting that other past polls have shown that around 10% of Americans also BELIEVE the following blatantly fake conspiracy theories:

9% - COVID vaccines implant microchips

10% - the Earth is flat

12% - the Moon landings were faked

Screenshot_4.jpg.32388fb2ccb66e3b09b8e7f7ef84f64b.jpg

Conspiracy vs. Science: A Survey of U.S. Public Beliefs

April 25, 2022

"Conspiratorial thinking or conspiracist ideation has become a prominent feature of current U.S. politics, shaping how many people think about elections, the COVID-19 pandemic, and other issues.
The statements about Moon landings, flat Earth, and vaccine microchips have no basis in science; people who say they agree with these statements are embracing conspiracy beliefs instead, and even those who are unsure indicate that they are at least open to such unfounded beliefs."

The above survey also conducted their polling in a credible way that apparently Rasmussen here (given the way their back to back COVID deaths followed by COVID vaccine deaths questions) did not:

"As recommended with most online surveys, the design included attention checks to screen out thoughtless respondents—such as those who answered too quickly, or “straightlined” their agreement or disagreement with incompatible statements."

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From my perspective. 

There is no long-term testing of the mRNA shots.  And I don't see any "emergency" any more to justify their use. The FDA fast-tracked approvals without any long term testing.  And the pharmaceutical companies don't care as they enjoy a complete government promoted liability shield.  10 years from now there could be conclusive proof that the mRNA Covid shots caused injuries and deaths, but the companies manufacturing those shots will walk away clean as a whistle, completely indemnified.  The heads of the FDA will probably have "retired from public service" and have taken lucrative jobs with the companies they supposedly regulated. 

I had Covid and it was a mild flu-like illness.  The risk/reward ratio as far as I am personally concerned is weighted very heavily in the "risk" zone.  From personal experience within my own family, the flu shots of the past never stopped me from getting the flu, and the Covid shots my extended family members took didn't stop them from getting Covid.  Quite literally, everyone in my extended family who got the Covid shots came down with Covid, most in 2021 when the shots were introduced.

I'm not interested in the Covid shots for many of the same reasons as the annual flu shots.  I stopped taking the flu shots 20 years ago because they lacked efficacy.  As far as I was concerned, they didn't work and I am not willing to continually inject myself with the vaccines let alone the toxic adjutants they contain if they don't have close to 85% efficacy.  Historically the 'vaccine efficacy' for flu shots between 2004 and 2022 has ranged between 10% efficacy to 60% with the average efficacy well under 50%.  Using the CDC's own numbers, the average efficacy of the flu vaccines between 2014 to 2022 was an impressive 36%.  The source tables supporting the above statements are linked at the bottom of the page1.
So? Why take flu shots if you have a 64% chance of getting the flu if you got the shots?
Likewise with Covid shots.  Anecdotally using my own family as a gauge, why would I get the Covid shots when my entire family came down with Covid months before myself (who didn't take the shots)?

:angry: "They will keep you from being hospitalized!"

I had no shots and Covid was a mild flu-like illness that was completely gone after 4 days.  I never went to the hospital.  I stayed home to keep from spreading it, stayed hydrated, took Tylenol, and was over the fever in 60 hours.  Fully recovered in 96. (I kept track in a spreadsheet).  And to boot, I now have immunity.  From here on out "Memory T and B cell Lymphocytes" will be on guard protecting me from future infections of even other SARS-Cov-2 variants. 

So, speaking for myself, why take a shot for SARS-Cov-2  infection that doesn't keep you from getting the mild SARS flu and which does have risks of significant adverse reactions?  Well, at least according to the Rassmussen poll. 

:angry: "It protects the elderly from hospitalization!"

I'm 71 and change.   I am "The Elderly."  Hospitalization wasn't even a thought.  I've had worse cases of flu when I was significantly younger and healthier

So, keep your eyes open for continuing long-term efficacy and safety research of the mRNA Covid shots.  Eventually, over the long-term, we will know the facts, good or bad. 

Just not today. 

1. Past Seasons’ Vaccine Effectiveness Estimates, Last Reviewed: June 2, 2023Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

So, keep your eyes open for continuing long-term efficacy and safety research of the mRNA Covid shots.  Eventually, over the long-term, we will know the facts, good or bad. 

Ya, it's only been 13 BILLION COVID vaccine doses administered worldwide over the past almost three years....

Tens of millions of lives saved by vaccines from COVID death, and confirmed vaccine-related deaths vanishingly small.... as with the UK government report earlier this year cited above,  52 COVID vaccine-related deaths out of 150 million doses given in the UK.

And that's weighed against more than 1.1 million deaths from COVID disease in the U.S. even with the vaccines, and another 200,000+ COVID deaths in the UK.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1311088-rasmussen-reports-poll-24-of-us-citizens-say-someone-they-know-died-from-covid-19-vaccine/?do=findComment&comment=18471900

But go ahead.... you keep waiting for your imagined vaccine doomsday to come true.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Long-term Side Effects of COVID-19 Vaccine? What We Know

"To answer this question, scientists study the available evidence, and while the rules of science do not allow scientists to say that long-term effects can never happen, the evidence is strong that these vaccines will not cause long-term harm.

Vaccine history

The history of vaccines shows that severe effects following vaccination can occur. But when they do, these effects tend to happen within two months of vaccination."

https://www.chop.edu/news/long-term-side-effects-covid-19-vaccine

• Like 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

Using the CDC's own numbers, the average efficacy of the flu vaccines between 2014 to 2022 was an impressive 36%.  The source tables supporting the above statements are linked at the bottom of the page1.
So? Why take flu shots if you have a 64% chance of getting the flu if you got the shots?

Not surprisingly, you've totally mischaracterized the meaning of the CDC's data on the effectiveness of the annual flu vaccines.

If in a given year the vaccine has a 36% effectiveness rate, that does NOT mean, as you claim above, that "you have a 64% chance of getting the flu if you got the shots."

Rather, as common sense would suggest, the annual flu vaccine effectiveness numbers are an estimate of the amount of the REDUCED RISK that benefits people who have been vaccinated.

So in your 36% example given above, that would mean the vaccinated person's risk of getting sick from the flu would be reduced by about one-third vs an unvaccinated person.

What are vaccine effectiveness point estimates and confidence intervals?

"CDC typically presents flu vaccine effectiveness (VE) as a single point estimate: for example, 60%. This point estimate represents the reduction in risk provided by a flu vaccine."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/vaccines-work/effectivenessqa.htm

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Nearly a quarter of Americans believe someone they know died from COVID-19 vaccine side effects

And a quarter of Americans believe the Sun revolves around the Earth!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/02/14/277058739/1-in-4-americans-think-the-sun-goes-around-the-earth-survey-says

Just because people believe things doesn't make it so.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"There is no evidence that COVID-19 vaccines have contributed to excess mortality during the pandemic."

https://icmra.info/drupal/strategicinitiatives/vaccines/safety_statement

About ICMRA
ICMRA brings together 38 medicines regulatory authorities from every region in the world, with the WHO as an observer.

Yup, no conflict of interest there...

I wonder how many of them expect they'll be plaintiffs when the class actions start flying.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

And CNN and others have commented on Rasmussen's questionable polling methods in the past:

"CNN doesn’t report results from Rasmussen because they conduct automated polls incorporating interactive voice response (IVR) that don’t meet our polling standards. (IVR just means an automated voice conducts the poll rather than a human being.)

The main issue with IVR polling is who is being called, who responds and whether the overall sample is actually representative of the district, state or country being polled."

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/19/politics/rasmussen-poll-donald-trump-joe-biden-2020/index.html

And ABC News also appears to have doubts about the veracity of Rasmussen's results:

Rasmussen Claims ABC News Threatening to Ban Pollster From FiveThirtyEight Unless It Can Explain Political Ties And Methodology

"Rasmussen Reports insisted this week that a senior ABC News editor sent the pollster a letter demanding the right-of-center organization answer a series of questions regarding its political ties and methodology or face a ban on FiveThirtyEight — the popular political news and forecasting website."

And the ABC letter recounted:

“First, Rasmussen must explain the nature of its relationship with several right-leaning blogs and online media outlets, which have given us reason to doubt the ethical operation of the polling firm. please tell us whether questions are ever suggested to Rasmussen from these outlets, including Fox News and “Steve Bannon’s War Room“, where Rasmussen’s head pollster regularly appears, with the promise of coverage in return for “public” fieldwork?” adds the letter, insinuating Rasmussen is engaged with a quid-pro-quo with right-wing media."

https://www.mediaite.com/news/rasmussen-claims-abc-news-threating-to-ban-pollster-from-fivethirtyeight-unless-it-can-explain-political-ties-and-methodology/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Nearly a quarter of Americans believe someone they know died from COVID-19 vaccine side effects

And 80% of Americans believe in an invisible all powerful man in the sky. As my geography teacher liked to say: believing means not knowing.

• Thumbs Up 1

A post with unsourced claims has been removed for contravening the forum's Community Standards, along with two ensuing replies.

"In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source."

• Like 1

I can say the same about most things over a 3 yr period.

... Died of old age

... Has cancer

... Is an Alky/druggy

... Chain smoker

... One of Alphabet folks

... Cis male/female

... Rich/poor

... Bought an EV, truck,MB

... Died of few things, not COVID

Chance of dying from ... least of my concerns...IMHO

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I can say the same about most things over a 3 yr period.

... Died of old age

... Has cancer

... Is an Alky/druggy

... Chain smoker

... One of Alphabet folks

... Cis male/female

... Rich/poor

... Bought an EV, truck,MB

... Died of few things, not COVID

Chance of dying from ... least of my concerns...IMHO

Yes you could but its nothing to do with the topic.

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes you could but its nothing to do with the topic.

Has everything to do with the topic...

...it's a silly poll.

Good thing ... Maybe next time someone's pushing something they say is safe and effective and you need or must take it ... they'll  think next time.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Has everything to do with the topic...

...it's a silly poll.

Maybe it's a silly poll, but when medical professionals aren't actively searching for a vaccine connection, people are left with unanswered questions. 

My sister died last month. Sure, she was all of 69. Her father lived to 91; her mother still alive at 90. Blood clot in the leg, up to her lungs, stopped her heart. Of course, at one point the doctor mentioned many clots in the lungs as they tried to keep her alive, so who knows. A couple months since last vaccine, so, of course, no mention on the autopsy. 

This is my anecdotal data. But glad I didn't trust my government ... to also recommend a "cure". 

It is all my feelings, my uneducated opinion, and I admit no "scientific" facts to prove any of it. 

Edited by stats
An unsubstantiated claim has been removed.
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Kary Mullis stated many times that the PCR test was not a diagnostic one. Which is isn't. He died mysteriously in 2019. Convenient that; for the jab pushers.

The whole covid narrative seemed to be driven by PCR test results.

Combining a tired Internet trope, a strawman argument. and a conspiracy theory. Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1