Does riding Pattaya baht buses add a touch of flair to your retirement adventure? (As do Cebu City jeepneys)

Jingthing

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Tuk Tuks around Bangkok were the best until pollution got too bad, baht buses also pretty good although mostly a motorbike now

I found tuk tuks to be the worst of both worlds, the heat and filthy air you'd get on a motorbike combined with the lack of mobility that comes with riding in a car. 

1 hour ago, shortstop2 said:

I find Pattaya area baht busses more fun than Angeles City jeepneys.  An interesting environment to throw strangers together who have been drinking all night.

There is an Angeles City 7/11 with seating for 150 and music thumping that is one of the best 7/11s in the world.  Not too many foreigners though. Also on that list is the Pratumnak Beach 7/11. The Pratumnak 7/11 is more scenic but the hong nam is for employees only.  Many Russians.

Well I assume that Angeles City has a different vibe than Cebu City.

Interesting though to compare Angeles City to Pattaya both places with the reputation we all know about.

9 minutes ago, Bobthegimp said:

I found tuk tuks to be the worst of both worlds, the heat and filthy air you'd get on a motorbike combined with the lack of mobility that comes with riding in a car. 

They used to be ok, racing around avoiding queues, rarely was I in traffic, only at lights

• Like 1

Best baht bus experience was in Ubon.

Just off the overnight bus from Pattaya i had made the rookie mistake of not carrying a 10 baht coin.Took the songthaew downtown resigned to the fact i was paying 20 baht.Gave the driver my money then walked on only to be shouted back "it's only 8 baht"What a guy.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

They are both local modes of transportation. Different places have different types of transportation.  If you reside in a place you become accustomed to it.  Then it’s nothing special 

A bot would beg to differ:

Riding Pattaya baht buses and Cebu City jeepneys can certainly add a unique aspect to one's retirement adventure. These modes of transportation are not only convenient and affordable but also give a glimpse of the local culture and lifestyle. It is a great way to interact with locals and experience the city from a different perspective.

No neither, I bought a car not into being hot an bothered, but occasionally I might use a bhat bus, as for the Philippine equivalent just the once and never again, ok if your 3ft 6 tall no way will I crawl in to one of them again..