The Met Police WON'T ban Poppy Day pro-Palestine rally

CharlieH

10 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It's a Pro Palestine March. They are not protesting to end the war. They are protesting the existence of Isreal.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Or so you tell us.

I think many of them wave both flags. Not mutually exclusive.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

I did not call for rights to be denied.

No you did not.

What you did is employ innuendo aligned with the arguments of those who wish to deny these rights.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think many of them wave both flags. Not mutually exclusive.

It goes back to my question, how many of the x,0000 protestors need to demonstrate anti-semitism/lawlessness before all are tarred with the same brush?

The existence of extremists in demonstrations and counter demonstrations is nothing new.

Nor does it distract from the central arguments of the demonstrations.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No you did not.

What you did is employ innuendo aligned with the arguments of those who wish to deny these rights.

It goes back to my question, how many of the x,0000 protestors need to demonstrate anti-semitism/lawlessness before all are tarred with the same brush?

The existence of extremists in demonstrations and counter demonstrations is nothing new.

Nor does it distract from the central arguments of the demonstrations.

I think many of them protest both, yes. It's how many protests go. People do not necessarily have only one thing in mind.

As I said they do both, not seeing how it's aligned with this or that.

To answer your 'how many of' question, maybe we'll go back to the 'how many will attend' one, which you dodge.

I already addressed your question, if not mistaken. How many do you think are required for this to be a problem?

• Like 1

I think many of them protest both, yes. It's how many protests go. People do not necessarily have only one thing in mind.

As I said they do both, not seeing how it's aligned with this or that.

To answer your 'how many of' question, maybe we'll go back to the 'how many will attend' one, which you dodge.

I already addressed your question, if not mistaken. How many do you think are required for this to be a problem?

I think it a problem where the primary objective is to break the law (might be an issue amongst some of the counter protester groups) and I think the accountability for law breaking is on the law breaker.

I fully support the police arresting and prosecuting those who break the law and I would urge peaceful protesters to assist the police identifying law breakers and singling out those engaging g in I hate mongering (The Hime Secretary included). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think it a problem where the primary objective is to break the law (might be an issue amongst some of the counter protester groups) and I think the accountability for law breaking is on the law breaker.

I fully support the police arresting and prosecuting those who break the law and I would urge peaceful protesters to assist the police identifying law breakers and singling out those engaging g in I hate mongering (The Hime Secretary included). 

Yeah, that's fine - but at which point, in your opinion, a protest might lose it's legitimacy? Or is this not a possibility, even?

• Like 1

As a Spurs fan I expect some might be, though West Ham fans might make a showing.

I’ll not recite some of the Spurs Supporters chants, they might inflame the already inflammable.

Surely not both marching together....end of days.

Yeah, that's fine - but at which point, in your opinion, a protest might lose its legitimacy? Or is this not a possibility, even?

The protest has objectives, if those objectives are lawful how can the protest be illegitimate.

If lawlessness breaks out then the police have the authority to intervene, and I support that.

I see counter protesters have already been arrested, maybe someone has a mind to cause some troubleZ

The term ‘agent provocateur’ comes to mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

The protest has objectives, if those objectives are lawful how can the protest be illegitimate.

If lawlessness breaks out then the police have the authority to intervene, and I support that.

I see counter protesters have already been arrested, maybe someone has a mind to cause some troubleZ

The term ‘agent provocateur’ comes to mind.

If the protest, for example, brings a key speaker who goes on to incite the crowd, or if the lawlessness goes beyond what police can handily deal with. Just two easy hypothetical examples for problematic situations.

But you've basically made it clear that for you the answer is never. Alright. Each to his own.

I'm sure there are trouble makers on both sides.

Agent provocateur working for/against which side?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It's a Pro Palestine March. They are not protesting to end the war. They are protesting the existence of Isreal.

All of them? Are you sure, or maybe such binary thinking makes a complex issue simple for you?

Here's a suggestion that might blow your mind - it's possible to object to the policies of the Israeli government without also objecting to the right of the country to exist.

• Like 1

Let’s have a bit more honesty from you shall we?:

Counter protesters threw missiles at officers in Chinatown, say police

The Metropolitan Police says a group of counter protesters who left Whitehall and moved into Chinatown "confronted and threw missiles at officers who tried to engage with them".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-67390343

Quote where I was dishonest or apologize

• Haha 1