Racist

Homophobe

Bigoted in general

Bad haircut

Drink cheap whisky

Think all asians look the same

None of the above.

5 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Nah, comparing you OP with the search engine delivered explanation of bogan makes me think you don´t have a clue.

I'd say you don't have a clue. Bogan is an Aussie term and you had to google it. Enough said.

All those things I listed are classic bogan habits.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

BORING. 

What a nerd 

I bet you got no friends. 

In your world you need the below traits to be worthy of friendship ??? 

ACDC

Tattoos

Mag wheels

Holdens hotted up

Loud speakers

Swear a lot

Heavy cigs

Drink a lot

Racist

Homophobe

Bigoted in general

Bad haircut

Drink cheap whisky

Could this be a case of hogan-bro-love ????? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

In your world you need the below traits to be worthy of friendship ??? 

ACDC

Tattoos

Mag wheels

Holdens hotted up

Loud speakers

Swear a lot

Heavy cigs

Drink a lot

Racist

Homophobe

Bigoted in general

Bad haircut

Drink cheap whisky

Could this be a case of hogan-bro-love ????? 

The comment he made was NONE. 

Life would be pretty bloody boring without at least 1 or 2 of the above 

5 minutes ago, bignok said:

I'd say you don't have a clue. Bogan is an Aussie term and you had to google it. Enough said.

All those things I listed are classic bogan habits.

No, I didn´t have to Google it. That was done by another poster.

• Like 1

Just now, SAFETY FIRST said:

The comment he made was NONE. 

Life would be pretty bloody boring without at least 1 or 2 of the above 

Don’t need loud music, tattoos, have prejudice towards others, have to swear a lot due to limited vocabulary, get drunk in order to converse with others and have a cave dweller haircut in order to have a well rounded healthy social life. But I can understand that some socially impaired individuals may need certain crutches to get by on.

1 hour ago, freeworld said:

Great sense of humour the Aussies and NZ have.

Definition

Bogan (/ˈbɡən/ BOHG-ən[1]) is Australian and New Zealand slang for a person whose speech, clothing, attitude and behaviour are considered unrefined or unsophisticated. Depending on the context, the term can be pejorative or self-deprecating.[2] The prevalence of the term bogan has also been associated with changing social attitudes towards social class in Australia

And some will be proud to be labelled bogan, their choice of course. 

A "bogan" is a slang term primarily used in Australia and New Zealand to describe a particular subculture or stereotype of people. Bogans are typically associated with working-class individuals or groups who are perceived as having a love for activities and interests that are often considered unsophisticated or lowbrow. Some common characteristics or stereotypes associated with bogans include:

1. Fashion: Bogans are often associated with a distinctive style of dress, which may include flannel shirts, mullet hairstyles, thongs (flip-flops), and clothing with bold or offensive graphics.
  2. Music: They may have a preference for rock and heavy metal music and may be seen wearing band t-shirts.
  3. Hobbies: Bogans are often associated with activities such as car racing, drinking beer, and barbecues.
  4. Language: They may use slang and have a particular way of speaking that is distinct from more formal or standard language.

It's important to note that the term "bogan" can be used pejoratively or humorously to stereotype a certain type of person, but it's not always meant to be derogatory. Like many stereotypes, it's a generalization and doesn't apply to all individuals who might be labeled as such. The concept of a "bogan" is similar to other cultural stereotypes in different parts of the world, such as "redneck" in the United States or "chav" in the United Kingdom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

And some will be proud to be labelled bogan, their choice of course. 

I have never been to Aus or NZ, so I learned the word "bogan" from this forum.  That said, I'm interested if bogans call themselves and friends "bogans" or is it only used by self-proclaimed non-bogans to describe other people?

Edited by captainjackS

The thing about Oz is that it's a filthy rich country but also very egalitarian in attitudes and behaviours.

In the last year or 2 before I left Canberra forever, a middle-aged male moved in to the townhouse next to mine on the rather elegant shores of Lake Tuggeranong. I never spoke to him but he had all the looks of a bogan.

However I did notice on several occasions as I pulled out of my driveway he had, parked in his garage, a white Rolls Royce of some age. I never saw it moved.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, captainjackS said:

I have never been to Aus or NZ, so I learned the word "bogan" from this forum.  That said, I'm interested if bogans call themselves and friends "bogans" or is it only used by self-proclaimed non-bogans to describe other people?

Normally its other people. Some bogans don't know how bogan they are.

• Sad 1