Young Russian Tourist Attacked and Robbed of Phone in Pattaya

webfact

40 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I remember being robbed in Naples Italy, many years ago.

My girlfriend went to our rented car in the morning to get something, came back, in a state of panic.

'The car has been broken in, she said, and everything has been taken'.

I remember telling her that it was ok. She got a bit puzzled.

I said hey, they stole everything, while we were sleeping. And I thank them for that, no violence.

Now how come these two men could not find a way to steal a phone, without violence?

Why?

Because they thought she was a man & there were only two of them instead of the usual gang?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They have an odd dress sense in that respect, saw what I thought was a small Russian family at a restaurant recently and what I presumed to be a 14 year old daughter was dressed like an LA streetwalker... very strange. 

15-20 years ago the women looked like 1957 tinsel Las Vegas bad taste hookers... a bit better now

I live off of 2nd road... there are large stretches without other people around or decent lighting. I don't go to those areas after 8 pm

She went to 7/11... maybe it was 'that time of month'. Unlike the "women" some of her detractors date here, real women have what it is known as a "period" monthly. Need supplies

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Walking alone at 2 AM in the morning. TIT

Well, there have been countless posts on this site from people claiming they feel far safer walking late at night in Thailand than they do in their home country. I don't think that applies to Pattaya though, as we read of late night attacks there several times a week, usually by those who are gender-confused.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ajarnbrian said:

No assault or mugging should be condoned. Sad to read the sick comments suggesting a woman’s haircut somehow makes it ok. 

It's because there are plenty of contributors on this site who like to post, even if they have nothing sensible to say. Same as any media site I suppose, and the reason a friend of mine doesn't accept any comments on his site.

20 hours ago, MrPancake said:

First thing to do if you want people to respect you ?

Get yourself a decent haircut so you don't look like a cheap prostitute with aids.

Nobody deserves to be beaten up and robbed because of the way they look.

You forgot to mention she shouldn't be out at 2 am!

Have a bit of sympathy for the victim instead of the thugs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Nobody deserves to be beaten up and robbed because of the way they look.

You forgot to mention she shouldn't be out at 2 am!

Have a bit of sympathy for the victim instead of the thugs.

I agree but reality doesn't. As a matter of fact, if you respect yourself people will tend to respect you. If you look like a victim or a trash can, bad people will tend to target you. Bad people tend to be cowards. If they feel like you're a respectable person, they will find a less dangerous play. It's sad but I don't make the rules. How come are victims almost always hippies, bums, drunkhards or indians?

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, Ajarnbrian said:

No assault or mugging should be condoned. Sad to read the sick comments suggesting a woman’s haircut somehow makes it ok. 

Sadly, too much lowlife around these days. I’m certainly not referring to the victim. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

At 2am going to buy what?

In all my life here I can't remember having bought something at 7/11 at that time?

But maybe she ran out of booze or condoms? Who knows?

But sure the 2 criminals have to be identified and fined. I doubt they still have the "expensive" phone.

I bought microwave food because I was hungry, at 2 am.   People stay up that late.   It is 11 minutes to 2 am right now where I am, here in the U.S. of A., and I could use some of those white noodles sold by 7/11.  Good enough for a snack before going to sleep. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

For anybody to be walking down the road doesn't require respect; it requires to be given an automatic right to do so without assault or offence by those who don't approve of their haircut and their mode of dress.

You didn't agree with me at all, you continued with the same narrative, with prejudiced additions, as your original comment - the kind of respect most people could probably do without!

Sorry. Mr pancake, I don't approve of blaming victims!

No. I agree with you. Reality doesn't.

I'm all for respect for anyone not asking for troubles.

Actually even those asking for troubles should be treated respectfully as much as possible.

22 hours ago, MrPancake said:

First thing to do if you want people to respect you ?

Get yourself a decent haircut so you don't look like a cheap prostitute with aids.

So you must no doubt be movie star magazine cover material, pointing the finger as if you're some shining example? Nah I'm picturing you making Steve Bannon look like George Clooney, dribbling cheap beer down your chin and belching while you type. 2nd thing to do if you want people to respect you - show respect in the first place by not ridiculing people for their appearance and blaming and gloating over their misfortune. Most of us adults in the room don't judge people by their appearances, nor do the police, fortunately for the victim. You're about as worthy of respect as the thieves who robbed her. 

Could contain:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jonathan Swift said:

So you must no doubt be movie star magazine cover material, pointing the finger as if you're some shining example? Nah I'm picturing you making Steve Bannon look like George Clooney, dribbling cheap beer down your chin and belching while you type. 2nd thing to do if you want people to respect you - show respect in the first place by not ridiculing people for their appearance and blaming and gloating over their misfortune. Most of us adults in the room don't judge people by their appearances, nor do the police, fortunately for the victim. You're about as worthy of respect as the thieves who robbed her. 

Could contain:

Keep fantasizing, bro.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

They have an odd dress sense in that respect, saw what I thought was a small Russian family at a restaurant recently and what I presumed to be a 14 year old daughter was dressed like an LA streetwalker... very strange. 

What I call strange is something that I very rarely see, and I see this kind of thing happening a lot, all over the world. Kids are growing up a lot faster these days, and 14 and 15 year old girls are really starting to strut their stuff, with or without their parents around. I don't know if their parents really have much to say about it at all, or if the lost art of parenting is a factor. 

I am thrilled to death on a daily basis that this is not a problem that I have to wrestle with. 

4 minutes ago, MrPancake said:

No. I agree with you. Reality doesn't.

I'm all for respect for anyone not asking for troubles.

Actually even those asking for troubles should be treated respectfully as much as possible.

Other Forum Members appear not to agree with you - quite rightly!

Actually even those asking for troubles should be treated respectfully as much as possible.    You mean not assaulted or disapproved of in any way?

No more please!!

1 hour ago, MrPancake said:

I agree but reality doesn't. As a matter of fact, if you respect yourself people will tend to respect you. If you look like a victim or a trash can, bad people will tend to target you. Bad people tend to be cowards. If they feel like you're a respectable person, they will find a less dangerous play. It's sad but I don't make the rules. How come are victims almost always hippies, bums, drunkhards or indians?

So in your opinion Indians are bad? Why don't you post your picture on here?