Managing forum toxicity and negativity

george

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Maybe it would be a good  idea not to announce it in future ?

Telling them and the whole forum that "I AM PUTTINGBYOU ON IGNORE " , might encourage them to reply to you , might be an idea just to put them on ignore without publicly announcing it ?

That doesnt work either.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

Replying to your posts (which are public) is not stalking, even if you put someone on 'ignore'.

Say you posted something totally wrong on this here public forum, for all to see - how does pointing that out 'stalking'?

Depends on the content.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

IMO the ignore function is a double-edged sword. When I use it and inform the poster, in my mind I am thinking of them as either a blithering idiot, or a nasty piece of work. OTOH, they may be exulting in having annoyed me sufficiently.

If I put a poster on ignore without telling them, there's no satisfaction.

Nowadays, I either ignore a poster by not responding, or respond with facts which refute their delusions. There is a reason for my nom-de-plume.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Everybody should block everybody else and put out a written copy of their ignore list so that those being ignored will know that they have retreated to their safe place and are guarding the feelings... what a crock... HAHAHA

Not a bad idea.

Ignore isn't good enough, unless one would never again see any of the blocked persons posts when the ignored poster has been Quoted and replied to by a third person.

A total block, both ways, included quotes would be needed,

Maybe impossible with todays forum software.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

True. However, there are very few people that are a clear and present danger to democracy, as he is.

He has said so himself.

Do you really want to be in a world where Trump is re-elected President? 4 years of him was enough for sensible people.

Not related to topic.

Just now, Lacessit said:

True. However, there are very few people that are a clear and present danger to democracy, as he is.

He has said so himself.

Do you really want to be in a world where Trump is re-elected President? 4 years of him was enough for sensible people.

I am not from the USA and I don't take much interest in USA politics , but I did find Donald to be quite entertaining when he was POTUS

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Ignore isn't good enough, unless one would never again see any of the blocked persons posts when the ignored poster has been Quoted and replied to by a third person.

A total block, both ways, included quotes would be needed,

Maybe impossible with todays forum software.

Exactly! 

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Tar and feather me, when were you elected the topic police?

It's trolling. That's what the topic is about and you are Trump trolling. Plus you are an Aussie and can't vote. Ozimoron was the worst Trump troll and also an Aussie. He disappeared.

Edited by bignok
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I am not from the USA and I don't take much interest in USA politics , but I did find Donald to be quite entertaining when he was POTUS

You are entertained by a guy who stiffs contractors, boasts of grabbing women, disrespects the sacrifices of the people who defend his nation, lies like a pig in s^!t, and is currently under 91 separate indictments? Quite apart from losing a civil suit for rape.

That says a lot about your own standards.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It certainly doesn't. 

image.png.d89631f7154e8b5cd80803925178eee3.png

Recently, I've left threads, and now leaving this one as my stalkers, who know they're ignored are no doubt replying to me. One even replies to my threads on cryptocurrency despite not owning any! 

Block function please! 

Effected by stalkers in an anonymous forum?

Don't even bother to click the ignore button, just skip their posts.

Life should not be disturbed by such mundane things and crack pots...

I now enjoy the anonymous sad & confused emojis! If I don't get a couple of them on my posts, I feel disappointed!

Just my2 cents!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You are entertained by a guy who stiffs contractors, boasts of grabbing women, disrespects the sacrifices of the people who defend his nation, lies like a pig in s^!t, and is currently under 91 separate indictments? Quite apart from losing a civil suit for rape.

More trolling

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ravip said:

Effected by stalkers in an anonymous forum?

Don't even bother to click the ignore button, just skip their posts.

Life should not be disturbed by such mundane things and crack pots...

I now enjoy the anonymous sad & confused emojis! If I don't get a couple of them on my posts, I feel disappointed!

Just my2 cents!

Other people quote them and sometimes add to it. So the troll gets assistance. Then the topic turns into a trollfest. Topic ruined.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Most of those were lies by his opposition, which was all part of the entertainment 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1